Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times

Advertisements

Please, give an EDUCATED opinion on where you think the economy will be in 2012. Please, no BS like "Obama will take care of everything". I think unemployment will be at about 13-14%. The commercial real estate market will crash causing many defaults and even more economic stagnation. The real estate residential market will lose another 20% of its value and even in 2012, we will be nowhere near bottom. Crime and suicide will increase dramatically and many Americans will start considering immigrating to other countries. Obama will try to run for reelection but will lose to a Republican candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 04:28 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Obama will run for reelection and win by a landslide. (Like this time pretty much-except a wider margin)

He is and will do a great job. He (nobody) cannot promise everything will be ok by 2012.

I feel sorry for you but you seem to not want to get better. You just want Republicans back in office while America has spoken.

You seriously need to get over it and go on vacation like someone suggested earlier.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Please, give an EDUCATED opinion on where you think the economy will be in 2012. Please, no BS like "Obama will take care of everything". I think unemployment will be at about 13-14%. The commercial real estate market will crash causing many defaults and even more economic stagnation. The real estate residential market will lose another 20% of its value and even in 2012, we will be nowhere near bottom. Crime and suicide will increase dramatically and many Americans will start considering immigrating to other countries. Obama will try to run for reelection but will lose to a Republican candidate.
I think that we're going to be overrun by illegal immigrants ant there will be no jobs for citizens. We will be invaded by chinese debt collectors and and will be speaking Mandarin by 2010. All staraight couples will be divorced because the sanctity of marraige will be ruined. All those gays are nothing but pedophiles and will create a black market pimping our kids. The rest of americans won't care because the tv will tell them its ok, so moral vaues will be a thing of the past.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Do I get a big screen HDTV if I buy into this
And a TIVO, I want a TIVO, too.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

Well it's hard to avoid the BS when we just throw out conjecture.. but here goes.

I don't hold to the more optimistic projections of the Obama administration. I think that the economy will continue to downwardly spiral until late 2010 with signs of recovery in 2011.

From a political point of view, the issue won't be whether or not the economy is in recovery but whether or not voters perceive that those running in 2012 have an appreciation of the situation affecting the average voter.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
I was going to talk BS but then noticed you were expecting BS of different flavor.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:43 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do I get a big screen HDTV if I buy into this
And a TIVO, I want a TIVO, too.
Certainly.

Also a lifetime subscription to the "American Idol/Dancing With The Stars 24/7" channel and free cold beer and hot pizza delivery every afternoon at six, double cheese, hold the anchovies.

You'll never have to worry about the economy or politics again. Everything will be fine by the time they run out of reruns. Trust me on this one.

Prognosis: Turnaround in 2011.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:48 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
From a political point of view, the issue won't be whether or not the economy is in recovery but whether or not voters perceive that those running in 2012 have an appreciation of the situation affecting the average voter.
If Obama barely beat McCain in 2008, do you think Americans will give him another term after seeing no results? People in 2012 will be so fed up with what is going on that any Republican candidate will represent "hope and change". I don't think Americans will be stupid enough to give him another 4 years just hoping things get better.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:48 PM

553 posts, read 836,833 times
I think it largely depends on what happens in 2010...

Also very significant is when the war with Iran begins..

Old 03-22-2009, 04:58 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Anything can happen between now and 2012, there is no possible way to predict what will or will not happen.. For all we know, the economy could be fully recovered by then, in which case Obama will probably get re-elected, and if it is still in the crapper, he will be elected out in a landslide. It all hinges on the economy at this point...

Back to my original point, anything can happen between now and then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies