Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

We have real problems in this country....
You are SO DEAD RIGHT ON!!!!!
So please tell me, with these real problems, why would the president be snickering and laughing like a teenager?
With these real problems, how does the president have time to go on late night comedy shows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Do you mean the one who cannot give a speech without a teleprompter? The one who wrote a letter to Chirac thinking he was the President of France? The one who gave Brown DVD's that wont work in GB? The one who makes fun of the handicapped? Shall I go on?
The one who didn't lie us into a war, the one who didn't invade the wrong country and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people and funnel 3 TRILLION$$$ into the pockets of well connected military cronies, the one who isn't trying to eviscerate the Constitution on which our country is based? Yeah, that's the one. Any blunders O commits pale in comparison to the previous pack of foaming at the mouth mad dogs whose policies have plundered the treasury and plunged us on the road to disaster.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
He sounded like a kid giggles being inviewed by a adult.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
The questions were given to him beforehand, other than having Nancy answer for him, what more could have been done?
He cannot respond to people like you, nor should he. Just like Bush and Cheney only concerned themselves with the 26% of Americans who supported them, Obama should only concern himself, and the business at hand, with the 75% of Americans who support him, and tell the other 25% to **** off.

They are brain dead anyway, the effort would be in vain trying to win their support.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Oh crap!
You caught the president laughing!!!one!

Hysterical.
Someone should make a poll listing the most ridiculous complaints.
This has to be top 10.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
His remarks came in a"60 Minutes" interview in which he was pressed by Steve Kroft for laughing and chuckling several times while discussing the perilous state of the world’s economy.

"You're sitting here. And you're -- you are laughing. You are laughing about some of these problems. Are people going to look at this and say, 'I mean, he's sitting there just making jokes about money' -- How do you deal with -- I mean: explain. . ." Kroft asked at one point.

"Are you punch-drunk?" Kroft asked.
You left out Obama's rebuttal. Picking up ole habits from FAUX NEWS the masters at Spin eh?

Anyway here it is, just thought I'd help you out.

STEVE KROFT:
Are you punch drunk?

PRESIDENT OBAMA:
No, no. There's gotta be a little gallows humor to (LAUGHS) get you through the day. You know, sometimes my team-- talks about the fact that if-- if you had said to us a year ago that-- the least of my problems would be Iraq, which is still a pretty serious problem-- I don't think anybody would have believed it. But-- but we've got a lot on our plate. And-- a lot of difficult decisions that we're going to have to make.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:32 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Yes, we do have a lot on our plate and I am certainly thrilled that Obama is the Man behind the wheel steering us through this mess than say McCain or worst yet Silly Sarah.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You left out Obama's rebuttal. Picking up ole habits from FAUX NEWS the masters at Spin eh?

Anyway here it is, just thought I'd help you out.

STEVE KROFT:
Are you punch drunk?

PRESIDENT OBAMA:
No, no. There's gotta be a little gallows humor to (LAUGHS) get you through the day. You know, sometimes my team-- talks about the fact that if-- if you had said to us a year ago that-- the least of my problems would be Iraq, which is still a pretty serious problem-- I don't think anybody would have believed it. But-- but we've got a lot on our plate. And-- a lot of difficult decisions that we're going to have to make.
If you watch the video in the OP's original post.....Obama's rebuttal is there and he is snickering like a 16 year old all the way through his rebuttal. Very Beavis and Butthead (I guess Barack would be Beavis and Michelle would be Butthead).

In these serious times, I expect a serious response from a POTUS wether they be Dem or Repub....doesn't matter. Seriousness does matter.

We have a buffoon in office.....not fit to lead.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Oh for crying out loud. The man was being pleasant during an interview. He has a sense of humor, something one is never supposed to lose. We all engage in "gallows humor" at times.

There is a growing array of things to criticize Obama on. That interview is NOT one of them.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Default yes Obama is so dumb

YouTube - President George W. Bush screw up's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies