Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:02 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,991,400 times

Advertisements

Of course I didn't sit through the trial so I will not act as if I know all the facts as our gun nuts do here.

Here's what in all likelyhood what happened.

A twice convicted gun nut, who had info in his house regarding automatic conversions, and had financial records showing he bought m-16 parts lent the gun to person whom he told that the gun would fire in the automatic position. Person at gun range gets caught.

And Olfoson gets caught and gun nuts all over the USA go into fits of whining and crying....LOL

Lying on political forums and hiding what really happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,991,400 times
What happened to the gun nut pity party????

Did the facts kinda take all the fun out of your thread???

Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,756,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Guns are the teeth of freedom. Calling somebody a 'gun nut' is essentially the same as calling them a 'freedom nut' or a 'liberty nut', you know, just like those folks who risked their lives to found this country (though, make no mistake about it, had they lived today, the modern 'progressives' would villanize them too). Let's get this strait. He lent a semi-automatic weapon to a friend, the friend shot 800+ rounds through it without issue, the gun malfunctioned and fired 2 round bursts (twice, and jammed each time), and now he's convicted of a felony? That's not justice any way you spin it. It doesn't matter if he had literature pertaining to fully automatic weapons or M-16 parts in his possession (that's not illegal), the weapon in question was legal. This is akin to charging a motorist with speeding after their throttle gets stuck open and they can't stop their car.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
Quote:

You must like fishing.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The weapon malfunctioned when the man lent it to a friend. The weapon was never converted illegally to full-auto. Now the man has all his weapons taken, is out of the military, and will likely never be able to own a weapon again.

YouTube - Freedom Under Fire - 2nd Amendment in danger? (part 1)

A twenty-year old knock-off brand AR-15 that just fired some 800 rounds could do anything. I guess the question is, Did it have an automatic sear or not? If the guy converted it, he's got a real problem. Thing is the BHO Administration has an issue with anything semi-automatic. They got the MI Carbine on the hit list. Ridiculous!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:28 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,213,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The weapon malfunctioned when the man lent it to a friend. The weapon was never converted illegally to full-auto. Now the man has all his weapons taken, is out of the military, and will likely never be able to own a weapon again.

YouTube - Freedom Under Fire - 2nd Amendment in danger? (part 1)
What was it a deer rifle?

Old 03-24-2009, 02:32 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:

Lots of bad things happen when people who really don't know what they are talking about actually believe they know what they are talking about. I'm an auto mechanic by trade. I have been certified by ASE as a master automotive technician. I also have an advanced ASE certification in the area of Drivability. If your vehicle doesn't run right, I have an understanding of the issues that most people don't. Sometimes people who really have no idea how highly complex modern computer-controlled engine management systems function like to disagree with my assessment of things. Maybe they just don't like what I have to say. It doesn't matter though, because they have no idea what they are talking about.

When I was a Marine, I learned all about the M-16. One of the things I learned during my training is that the one and only thing that separates an AR-15 from an M-16 is the presence of an automatic sear. If you take an M-16 apart you can replace the automatic sear with a semi-automatic sear. After you do that, it will only fire semi-automatic. The automatic sear is the key. I was specifically looking for that information as I read the court document. This person's rifle did not have an automatic sear. Go ahead, check the document. That is what ATF said. No automatic sear. It would appear the judge had no idea what he or she was doing in this trial.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:59 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
What was it a deer rifle?
It's actually used for liberal hunting season

Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,213,755 times
the batf is an illegal agency and should be disbanded and all of its agents tried, convicted and imprisoned for violating the Constitution.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:40 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,423,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Wow. That reminds of the crap the ATF pulled on Randy Weaver prior to the Ruby Ridge massacre. How do they get away with this?
Its easy, look at all the sheep here ready to hang the guy.
The truth is it really shouldn't matter if he had a full auto anyway. No REAL crime was commited, there is no victim except the convicted.

Do we lock up folks who use cars capable of violating the speed limit?
Do cars cause more death & enable more crime than guns?

The guy was convicted for carrying a gun while his kids were trick or treating. So what? I do that every year, is it a crime to be concerned for your kids saftey? I imagine he lacked a permit but again, whats the REAL crime, who was victmized?

I guess some people feel good about locking up those who have done no real harm. I pity them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies