Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 03:56 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hmmmm....................

1. Obama ignores immigration laws- nothing happens.

2. Obama ignores weapons laws in Fast and Furious- nothing happens.

3. Obama uses the NSA to spy on citizens and journalists- nothing happens.

4. Obama uses the IRS to attack conservatives- nothing happens.

5. Obama traffics illegal aliens- nothing happens.

6. Obama makes illegal appointments- nothing happens.

7. Obama passes laws without congress through the EPA- nothing happens.

A citizen fires off a few burst fire rounds from an AR-15- Federal Offense and JAIL TIME!

We have SEVERAL "slide fire" stocks that convert AR-15s and AKs into full auto (perfectly legal). The Fostech International stocks are BETTER than regular full auto, as you can control burst, semi-auto and full auto with your finger. We have two Browning .30 cal belt feds with gattling cranks making them full auto (perfectly legal). This guy sends a few bursts down range and he is a felon?
He was arrested in 2006 and sentenced in 2008, but continue on with the Obama rants whatever that has to do with this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 04:11 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He was arrested in 2006 and sentenced in 2008, but continue on with the Obama rants whatever that has to do with this thread.
This man did nothing wrong, it could be me or you, do you not see or do you not care?

Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
This man did nothing wrong, it could be me or you, do you not see or do you not care?
Do you have a link indicating he did nothing wrong, sure looks like he broke the law.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,688,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Lots of bad things happen when people who really don't know what they are talking about actually believe they know what they are talking about. I'm an auto mechanic by trade. I have been certified by ASE as a master automotive technician. I also have an advanced ASE certification in the area of Drivability. If your vehicle doesn't run right, I have an understanding of the issues that most people don't. Sometimes people who really have no idea how highly complex modern computer-controlled engine management systems function like to disagree with my assessment of things. Maybe they just don't like what I have to say. It doesn't matter though, because they have no idea what they are talking about.

When I was a Marine, I learned all about the M-16. One of the things I learned during my training is that the one and only thing that separates an AR-15 from an M-16 is the presence of an automatic sear. If you take an M-16 apart you can replace the automatic sear with a semi-automatic sear. After you do that, it will only fire semi-automatic. The automatic sear is the key. I was specifically looking for that information as I read the court document. This person's rifle did not have an automatic sear. Go ahead, check the document. That is what ATF said. No automatic sear. It would appear the judge had no idea what he or she was doing in this trial.

Thank you. Its amazing how often those throwing around the expression "gun nuts" don't have the first clue as how firearms actually operate.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Isn't it easy enough to dismantle the gun and see if it was indeed tampered with?

If it was, then I believe that he should be punished, even though I don't agree with the law.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Do you have a link indicating he did nothing wrong, sure looks like he broke the law.
The weapon malfuctioned, and made it fire with out the bolt locking in battery.

If you car back fires does that make it a Airplane and taxes and regatulated as one?

No it does not..

Any even if this guy had a machine gun(which he did not) So The **** What?

God I love how you leftist are willing to defend illegal immigrates, rapist, and murders over law abiding gun owners it really does let your true colors show.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
The weapon malfuctioned, and made it fire with out the bolt locking in battery.

If you car back fires does that make it a Airplane and taxes and regatulated as one?

No it does not..

Any even if this guy had a machine gun(which he did not) So The **** What?

God I love how you leftist are willing to defend illegal immigrates, rapist, and murders over law abiding gun owners it really does let your true colors show.
He modified the gun to fire on automatic and was found guilty by a jury, I guess the jury was left leaning?

Old 07-17-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
He modified the gun to fire on automatic and was found guilty by a jury, I guess the jury was left leaning?

No he did not, he just party lighter parts in it, putting M16 parts in a AR15 save for the Auto Sear will not cause it fire fully automatically..No auto sear which he did not have means he did have not could not have a full auto machine gun.

What happened what bad parts plus bad ammo, bad really badly made firearm that did not function properly.

You would know that if you read anything on this thread...

But then again lets let in a bunch of rapist and murderers from Central America and arrest people who have dont nothing wrong...

Anyone else notice how leftist love to defend rapist, murderers, and illegals over Gun Owners...?

Old 07-17-2014, 05:46 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Where did you read that he modified the gun to fire on automatic? Every story about this case that I have read, indicted that the rifle was not modified to include a full auto sear.

If I remember correctly, the ATF could not get the rifle to malfunction in their first set of tests. They were not able to get the rifle to malfunction until they disassembled and assembled the rifle many times during their second set of tests.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the batf is an illegal agency and should be disbanded and all of its agents tried, convicted and imprisoned for violating the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies