Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That would have been nice but Hannan is talking to Brown about things that have been done in the last year. At his young age Hannan probably wasn't in Parliament in 2003, but he might have been able to be in the Senate. Being in the House wouldn't work these days because Nancy would shut him up in mid-sentence.

We need someone like him here today because Obama and his majority have nearly caught up with the Brits in just two months. In fact he has spent much more already.

I don't imagine you caught Hannan saying that the debt in the UK has every child there 20,000 pounds in debt already. We have lots more children than they do but each of them is close to $20,000 in debt right now so I guess Obama can always say that he is just halfway their per person debt.

You need to wake up and realize that in the UK today they tried to auction some of their debt and no buyers were found. Our people also tried today and the buyers were far and few between. We are nearly completely broke and he wants to go in debt nearly $4 trillion in the next couple of years. Bush didn't touch that one in 8 years with two wars.
You're right.

2008 would have been the prime year for such a speech in the U.S. Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 05:10 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,977,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You're right.

2008 would have been the prime year for such a speech in the U.S. Congress.
2009 is even primer

Old 03-25-2009, 05:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Oh be careful saying things like that - someone is going to label you a racist!

On topic: It would definitely be nice to have a few politicians in this country like Daniel Hannan
The word racist means nothing to me anymore. It has been used way to many times. Heck the really messed up part is I've been called a racist and then racial slurs by Obama supporters. I kid you not , can someone explain that logic to me.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,977,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The word racist means nothing to me anymore. It has been used way to many times. Heck the really messed up part is I've been called a racist and then racial slurs by Obama supporters. I kid you not , can someone explain that logic to me.
This should help with the confusion.

Last edited by ViewFromThePeak; 03-25-2009 at 05:41 PM..

Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
This should help with the confusion.
picture isnt there

Old 03-25-2009, 05:37 PM

492 posts, read 962,537 times
I saw the guy on Faux Biz earlier in the day then later he was on Glenn Beck. I suggest Mr. Hannan will become a fine Prime Minister.

Faux... they report - you decide

Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
I watched him on Beck and he did have some good points.
He said he wishes the U.K had our problems, even though we're going down the same road the U.K. did (that didn't work btw) we are starting out a little better off but if we continue on this path we'll be in the same bankrupt place the U.K. is.
He said the finance minister has told the P.M. "we are broke, there is no more money in the treasury" but they just keep printing and spending. Sound familiar?
Maybe that's the plan, bankrupt everyone and create one currancy.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,859,629 times
It was indeed pretty impressive to see someone say what needed to be said. We have the potential here for such opinion, but it will come only when the situation deteriorates to more critical levels. The honeymoon is waning and while it's premature for the divorce papers to be in the mail they are being drafted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies