Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:17 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,856,170 times

Advertisements

So, "little miss sunshine" couldn't find anyone she wanted to hold hands with to pray before the VP debate! While we can never understand anyone else's true motives, this woman continues to amaze me. Even Dick (toe suck) Morris is saying she needs to shut up and go educate herself on the rest of the world.

Why does she feel the need to trash Republican insiders and gain a cheap laugh in front of the one group that is solidly behind her (or not?) Alaska Republicans? And why continue to pander to the religious right? Is she afraid the witch doctor Jindahl is gaining on her with them?

Apparently the McCain staff that was closest to her is getting tired of the abuse and biting back.

And, what ever happened to praying the way the bible teaches us, "quietly and in private, not making a spectacle of yourself"? And what exactly was it about the McCain staffers that she found so objectionable that a "good Christian" couldn't bear to hold hands and pray with them?

She's so entertaining I'm thinking about cancelling my netflix and cable subscriptions.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 11:42 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,031 times
She's such a dumb bunny.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
Yeah this is so important let me tell ya

Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
So, "little miss sunshine" couldn't find anyone she wanted to hold hands with to pray before the VP debate! While we can never understand anyone else's true motives, this woman continues to amaze me. Even Dick (toe suck) Morris is saying she needs to shut up and go educate herself on the rest of the world.

Why does she feel the need to trash Republican insiders and gain a cheap laugh in front of the one group that is solidly behind her (or not?) Alaska Republicans? And why continue to pander to the religious right? Is she afraid the witch doctor Jindahl is gaining on her with them?

Apparently the McCain staff that was closest to her is getting tired of the abuse and biting back.

And, what ever happened to praying the way the bible teaches us, "quietly and in private, not making a spectacle of yourself"? And what exactly was it about the McCain staffers that she found so objectionable that a "good Christian" couldn't bear to hold hands and pray with them?

She's so entertaining I'm thinking about cancelling my netflix and cable subscriptions.

golfgod
I cannot wait until 2012... Those late night SNL Skits will be hillarious. She is a total wackjob. If the GOP is going to tout her than she is fair game in this forum or any other.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:41 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,790,757 times
Quote:
Why does she feel the need to trash Republican insiders and gain a cheap laugh in front of the one group that is solidly behind her (or not?) Alaska Republicans? And

That was her MO in Alaska before she gained the national spotlight as vp pick. She's always been known for going after her own party members. She ran for gov. on a platform of being a "reformer".

Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 PM

541 posts, read 1,225,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

And, what ever happened to praying the way the bible teaches us, "quietly and in private, not making a spectacle of yourself"?
I believe that's exactly what she was asking for. You're stretching more than a bit with that comparison, as it's noticeably off. Christ had his disciples pray with him. You're perhaps calling him a hypocrite? (I know you want to.)

Face it, you just like attacking Palin. That's how you get your kicks. It's lame, but there it is.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,525,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I cannot wait until 2012... Those late night SNL Skits will be hillarious. She is a total wackjob. If the GOP is going to tout her than she is fair game in this forum or any other.
She'll win easily after obama.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:01 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
and your on crack...

Old 03-27-2009, 02:06 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

Only if Obama was running for Alaska gov.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
I believe that's exactly what she was asking for. You're stretching more than a bit with that comparison, as it's noticeably off. Christ had his disciples pray with him. You're perhaps calling him a hypocrite? (I know you want to.)

Face it, you just like attacking Palin. That's how you get your kicks. It's lame, but there it is.
Nope, this is what she said, at the "Alaskan GOP Lincoln Dinner":

"So I'm looking around for somebody to pray with, I just need maybe a little help, maybe a little extra. And the McCain campaign, love 'em, you know, they're a lot of people around me, but nobody I could find that I wanted to hold hands with and pray."

Former staffers ‘angered’ by Gov. Palin’s remark -RedState

love that hypocritical "love 'em, you know"....classic....

A real Christian wouldnt say or even think something like this. This has nothing to do with prayer.

Come to think of it, if she'd just done her homework, or had been able to learn at all, she'd not have felt she needed "maybe a little help, maybe a little extra" or any of that superstitious nonsense. Or even if she'd, you know, honestly believed in her cause....

Never change, Sarah! Keep up the stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies