Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,212,133 times

Advertisements

Blame for Downturn Not Fixed on Obama

6 in 10 Back His Handling of Economy

By Jon Cohen and Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, March 31, 2009; Page A01 [/SIZE]
The number of Americans who believe that the nation is headed in the right direction has roughly tripled since Barack Obama's election, and the public overwhelmingly blames the excesses of the financial industry, rather than the new president, for turmoil in the economy, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll

washingtonpost.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Blame for Downturn Not Fixed on Obama

6 in 10 Back His Handling of Economy

By Jon Cohen and Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, March 31, 2009; Page A01 [/SIZE]
The number of Americans who believe that the nation is headed in the right direction has roughly tripled since Barack Obama's election, and the public overwhelmingly blames the excesses of the financial industry, rather than the new president, for turmoil in the economy, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll

washingtonpost.com
I have to agree. I have no doubt whatsoever that this very intelligent man is working hard to fix the problems that Bush and the Republicans left this country in.

It sure feels good to finally have someone in the White House who is an extraordinary problem-solver with unmatched good judgment and instincts.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:44 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,212,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I have to agree. I have no doubt whatsoever that this very intelligent man is working hard to fix the problems that Bush and the Republicans left this country in.

It sure feels good to finally have someone in the White House who is an extraordinary problem-solver with unmatched good judgment and instincts.
and walk and chew gum at the same time. This man thrives on multi-tasking he's got the GOP whining cause they think he is trying to accomplish to much. Those silly Repugs...

Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,454,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

please show me one problem Obama has ever fixed in his life. Just one please.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:37 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
I blame obama, the republicans, democrats and all the environuts for the downturn of the economy.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Republicans are somewhat splintered. One in five self-identified Republicans in the poll said neither Obama nor their party's congressional leadership has the edge on dealing with the economic situation.
See, this is what kills me. Republicans are screaming it's all wrong, but they, along with their representatives, are entirely empty handed throughout the process. How long are we all supposed to wait for them to get their heads out of their butts with solutions?

Now republican congressional reps want to sit there like deer in the headlights for months? The irresponsible brat party.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
See, this is what kills me. Republicans are screaming it's all wrong, but they, along with their representatives, are entirely empty handed throughout the process. How long are we all supposed to wait for them to get their heads out of their butts with solutions?

Now republican congressional reps want to sit there like deer in the headlights for months? The irresponsible brat party.
so your o.k. with the blind gov't spending (no one had time to read the stimulus bill because the dems wouldn't release it) to fix the problem?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:22 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
so your o.k. with the blind gov't spending (no one had time to read the stimulus bill because the dems wouldn't release it) to fix the problem?
They DID have time to read it.

See this:

Obama's 2009 Stimulus Plan - Why Didn't The Republicans Read It?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 AM

The 1,071 page measure -- eight inches thick -- was posted on an overburdened congressional Web site late Thursday, giving lawmakers just a few overnight hours to read it before debate resumed in both the House and Senate Friday morning.
Congress Passes $787B Stimulus Bill, Sends It to Obama for Signature - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/13/congress-readies-final-vote-b-stimulus/ - broken link)

but of course since it is foxnews it must not be accurate, right?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
so it was posted late one night, then debated early the next morning, but they had time to digest $1 trillion dollar spending bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies