Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,309,069 times

Advertisements

Barney Frank Wants A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary! (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Beyond-AIG-A-Bill-to-let-Big-Government-Set-Your-Salary-42158597.html - broken link)

Dumbocrats are running wild to destroy America!

Hope you libs are happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Who are they to deem what salary is appropriate to what position.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 AM

707 posts, read 1,022,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Barney Frank Wants A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary! (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Beyond-AIG-A-Bill-to-let-Big-Government-Set-Your-Salary-42158597.html - broken link)

Dumbocrats are running wild to destroy America!

Hope you libs are happy!

Kootr, its amazing how you jump at the first article you see without any additional research.. You know folks are going to jump on the bandwagon without the complete and accurate information.

The Week in Congress: March 30 - April 3, 2009

Although i agree with the executives, employees should be excluded from this bill.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:06 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Kootr, its amazing how you jump at the first article you see without any additional research.. You know folks are going to jump on the bandwagon without the complete and accurate information.

Although i agree with the executives, employees should be excluded from this bill.
Why do you agree with executives salaries being regulated?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
When you take money from the government, you have to see this coming.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Barney Frank Wants A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

Good!

I deserve a raise.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:14 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,309,069 times
Quote:

The government has NO business setting salaries for anyone except government employees. The government has NO business using (our) taxpayer money to bailout private companies. Doing so is a HUGE problem...and a HUGE mistake. Our government works for us (the taxpayers) and should govern, not use "our" money to buy into private businesses (and become shareholders like private citizens and fund managers) and set policy or salaries. The Democratic controlled Congress is not going by the Constitution!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why do you agree with executives salaries being regulated?
I believe until the Tax payers are paid back, they should not receive millions of dollars in bonus money. Thats crazy. They should still receive their contracted salary, but not bonuses. Until all of this started occuring i really had no idea how much they actually recieved as well as the perks they were giving themselves. I can't recall which bank it was last year that received heated responses because they were still planning on taking their employees to a carribean trip for a wee. Like WTF...

Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
The government has NO business setting salaries for anyone except government employees. The government has NO business using (our) taxpayer money to bailout private companies. Doing so is a HUGE problem...and a HUGE mistake. Our government works for us (the taxpayers) and should govern, not use "our" money to buy into private businesses (and become shareholders like private citizens and fund managers) and set policy or salaries. The Democratic controlled Congress is not going by the Constitution!
Kootr, take it down a notch. At the time this started last year, Washington felt it was the only alternative. Let me make my self clear, now that they have our money, i don't care about their salaries, i don't want them getting the bonus, taking their employees and families to an all expense paid trip to the islands or Las Vegas, paying for a week at the spa until they've paid EVERY FREAKIN dime back.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
I believe until the Tax payers are paid back, they should not receive millions of dollars in bonus money. Thats crazy. They should still receive their contracted salary, but not bonuses. Until all of this started occuring i really had no idea how much they actually recieved as well as the perks they were giving themselves. I can't recall which bank it was last year that received heated responses because they were still planning on taking their employees to a carribean trip for a wee. Like WTF...
Unless this was part of the deal when the money was offered(remember the fedgov. could have said no...) I cannot see how this is legal.

The board of Directors chose to offer those bonuses and perks...

What you seem to want is the fedgov. to be able to retroactively decide what they are to be paid.

I do not think ANY athlete or entertainer should be paid more than $10/hour....but it isn't my place to dictate such a thing.

You seem to favor such a thing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies