Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Then you agree that MSNBC is not "fair & balanced?"

Also, of the two, as the link you posted shows, Fox News is much more balanced than MSNBC.
Personally, I agree MSNBC is definately pro-left.

Here is what I really think - for MSNBC and FOX, being pro-left or pro-right are more business decisions than anything else. Fox saw a hole (lack of catering to right wing views) and filled it. MSNBC came in later on, tried to be balanced, but did poorly as it sounded like CNN without the resources - so it lost to CNN. However, a few years ago MSNBC seems to have made a decision to go left, and ratings are now picking up- some of them at the expense of CNN. Generally, people like to watch what they like - not many right wingers will watch MSNBC and not many lefties will watch FOX. It is all about splitting the pie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,648 times
Quote:
The actual statistics differ from your ridiculous claim:
Yeah, we've seen these same two pictures in every single anti-fox argument. Is this the only piece of evidence about how great Fox is? Do you have even ONE other piece of proof?

I know you'd "snuggle" with Rupert Murdoch if given the chance, but what else other than those two screenshots of a random poll shown on Fox News do you have to support your devotion to Fox News?

Using a screen shot from Fox News to prove that Fox News is great is like quoting the Bible to say why the Bible is right. You can't use your source as evidence that your source is accurate, you must use another source, an independent one that is unrelated to Fox News...

Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,782,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Personally, I agree MSNBC is definately pro-left.

Here is what I really think - for MSNBC and FOX, being pro-left or pro-right are more business decisions than anything else. Fox saw a hole (lack of catering to right wing views) and filled it. MSNBC came in later on, tried to be balanced, but did poorly as it sounded like CNN without the resources - so it lost to CNN. However, a few years ago MSNBC seems to have made a decision to go left, and ratings are now picking up- some of them at the expense of CNN. Generally, people like to watch what they like - not many right wingers will watch MSNBC and not many lefties will watch FOX. It is all about splitting the pie.
Prettymuch sums it up ... good post.

I know both FOX and MSNBC are simply propaghanda machines and nothing more. On FOX, Democrats are evil. On MSNBC, Republicans are evil.

I just happen to like MSNBC's propaghanda and dislike FOX's

I do find Chris Matthews to be quite fair though. Definitely the most fair of all the propaghanda pundits during prime time hours.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Yeah, we've seen these same two pictures in every single anti-fox argument. Is this the only piece of evidence about how great Fox is? Do you have even ONE other piece of proof?

I know you'd "snuggle" with Rupert Murdoch if given the chance, but what else other than those two screenshots of a random poll shown on Fox News do you have to support your devotion to Fox News?

Using a screen shot from Fox News to prove that Fox News is great is like quoting the Bible to say why the Bible is right. You can't use your source as evidence that your source is accurate, you must use another source, an independent one that is unrelated to Fox News...
In other words, you are saying, "Let's ignore actual studies and statistics done on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC." Correct?
The screenshot is from Fox News but as you probably already know, the results shown are from an independent study.

BTW, I watch both Fox News and CNN and wouldn't "snuggle" with any male! A single female in my age bracket, now that's something else!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:13 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,782,278 times
Quote:
BTW, I watch both Fox News and CNN and wouldn't "snuggle" with any male! A single female in my age bracket, now that's something else!
Would that be Barbara Walters?

Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Mathews and Oberman were so biased that NBC had to remove them from covering live republican campaign events.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Prettymuch sums it up ... good post.

I know both FOX and MSNBC are simply propaghanda machines and nothing more. On FOX, Democrats are evil. On MSNBC, Republicans are evil.

I just happen to like MSNBC's propaghanda and dislike FOX's

I do find Chris Matthews to be quite fair though. Definitely the most fair of all the propaghanda pundits during prime time hours.
Thx. I would actually enjoy FOX more if they had people like Buckley Senior (now dead), George Will, etc. I always enjoyed their views even if I did not agree with them. But Fox has clowns like Hannity whose long lead-in questions to guests are designed to put them on defensive and not really elicit a response. Then there is the incident of Fox attempting to doctor Wiki and getting caught - they often border on yellow journalism ( Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). And now they have provided Beck an outlet to cry openly - too many drama queens there.
Not that I enjoy KeithO's calling only commentators that generally agree with him (echo chamber), his obsession with BillO, etc etc. And some CNN anchors are so scared of appearing to be biased that they do not have the guts to ask either side pointed questions.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Wink Michael Savage???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Are you kidding? Olberman makes Michael Savage look like a choir boy

Oh!

You mean Michael Weiner.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Mathews and Oberman were so biased that NBC had to remove them from covering live republican campaign events.
I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Would that be Barbara Walters?
Lol. No, she is not really in my age bracket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies