Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times

Advertisements

Something tells me Anahi didn't get this stuff at Big 5

What's a nice girl like you doing with an arsenal like this? Police seize 20-year-old guarding vast weapons cache... including anti-aircraft gun | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM

201 posts, read 235,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh, plenty is wrong with 'that ASSertion. OK, so, someone who is proficient with weapons, and defends their families or themselves from violent attack, is, then, a coward? Ownership and practice with weapons (firearms in this case) makes one a coward? LMAO, I will then, by YOUR definition, continue to wallow in my 'cowardice' and rely on such courageous folks as yourself to ..defend.. me and mine. Priceless.............

actually, "priceless" would be the fact that I stated my advice that "every coward should own a gun" and you replied ....

Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post
actually, "priceless" would be the fact that I stated my advice that "every coward should own a gun" and you replied ....
Uh huh, mainly because I , for one, am sick to death of idiots blathering on about such things as firearms ownership and the right to self defense, with ZERO knowledge about the matter at hand. "Advice" says you?. My 'advice' to you would be to stay in your condo, in whatever gated cage you call home, and fight on from your keyboard by making your mundane ASSertions. What person, who has ever actually faced violent attack, could not admire such 'courage' as yours. I stand in awe.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
To me, inexperienced, immature silyvilians and guns of any caliber is a deadly mix. I want nothing to do with ya. Flex your gun toting egos somewhere else. My ego is not that hard to satisfy.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
90% sounds better for self-flagellation purposes, wouldn't you agree? It also gives the added bonus of an argument for gun control.
Actually, aren't 90% of Mexican crimes now committed in the United States?

Old 03-03-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
To me, inexperienced, immature silyvilians and guns of any caliber is a deadly mix. I want nothing to do with ya. Flex your gun toting egos somewhere else. My ego is not that hard to satisfy.
"Gun toting egos?" "Silyvilians?" oooook. . Whatever. I would still like to know how it is that this whole speel about guns flowing south out of the US to the cartels came to be. As I said earlier, all the evidence that has been presented to support this theory is not exactly sound, and these supposed interceptions of illegal arms were not taken from smugglers, per se, but from migrant workers heading back to Mexico. I hardly think that some drug lord is sitting in his hacienda, slavering over the thought of his 10/22 showing up so he can take on the policia and such. Thus , the question of the true pipeline remains. The cartels have the resources to obtain arms from wherever they choose. Former Soviet states, Asian countries, South and Cental American nations etc, are all avilable to the cartels. Why would anyone take the risk of trying to run AK's from Russia through the US to get them to Mexico? RPG's are not exactly an off the shelf item , readily available from soures in the US either. M4's and other AR/M16 series rifles are readily at hand from the Mexican Army, and the US GOVERNMENT supplied those little gems.. The very notion of a massive US arms pipeline to Mexico is plain old silly. Oh, there could be some brokering going on, but the weapons themselves are not actually being shipped to the cartels from here, by anyone but the flippin' government. Do the Zeta's ring any bells? LMAO, trained and equipped by the US Army, sold to the cartels upon graduation.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 AM

558 posts, read 818,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleged return of serfdom View Post
every coward should own a gun....
...says the tough guy behind the keyboard.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"Gun toting egos?" "Silyvilians?" oooook. . Whatever. I would still like to know how it is that this whole speel about guns flowing south out of the US to the cartels came to be. As I said earlier, all the evidence that has been presented to support this theory is not exactly sound, and these supposed interceptions of illegal arms were not taken from smugglers, per se, but from migrant workers heading back to Mexico. I hardly think that some drug lord is sitting in his hacienda, slavering over the thought of his 10/22 showing up so he can take on the policia and such. Thus , the question of the true pipeline remains. The cartels have the resources to obtain arms from wherever they choose. Former Soviet states, Asian countries, South and Cental American nations etc, are all avilable to the cartels. Why would anyone take the risk of trying to run AK's from Russia through the US to get them to Mexico? RPG's are not exactly an off the shelf item , readily available from soures in the US either. M4's and other AR/M16 series rifles are readily at hand from the Mexican Army, and the US GOVERNMENT supplied those little gems.. The very notion of a massive US arms pipeline to Mexico is plain old silly. Oh, there could be some brokering going on, but the weapons themselves are not actually being shipped to the cartels from here, by anyone but the flippin' government. Do the Zeta's ring any bells? LMAO, trained and equipped by the US Army, sold to the cartels upon graduation.
You must be a vewy impotent person. Hang on every word you say because you said it.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:53 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
The saddest part is that many of these self proclaimed militias that say they are guarding the border are now tied to gun and narcotic smuggling

Old 03-04-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
You must be a vewy impotent person. Hang on every word you say because you said it.
What the bloody hell are you blathering about? So, some clown, calling himself an "olsarge", who cannot stick to the topic at hand, starts crowing about themselves, and points fingers at other people? So, do you have anything else to say, that does not try and convince folks that you are Alvin York, Audie Murphy, Carlos Hathcock and GI Joe all rolled into one mouthy package? The topic is, arms smuggling to Mexico from the US. Which I was trying to make a point about. Sir!. Can you wrap your brain around the talking point of the thread, or are you to busy hanging on your own sense of self importance? .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies