Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

Good stuff!

Government officials and apologist supporters: we're watching you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 08:31 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
The rules may have changed in recent years but at one time airport authorities could confiscate any large amount of cash a passenger was carrying and it was then up to the passenger to provide proof that the cash was obtained legally if he wanted his money back. This was part of the "war on drugs" of the 1980's. Several people had cash taken from them during this time. Obviously, carrying a large amount of cash is still viewed with suspicion. I'm glad that the man held his ground and didn't cave to the TSA.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 PM

I'm just pleased he had a recording device and it's all over the internets

The idea the government is being spied on by its own citizens is freakin' awesome!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
What I don't get is why this is suddenly news? This could have happened at any time during the past 20 yrs. Why not address the legislation that authorized this instead of insinuating it's the latest infringement upon your rights??

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
What I don't get is why this is suddenly news? This could have happened at any time during the past 20 yrs. Why not address the legislation that authorized this instead of insinuating it's the latest infringement upon your rights??
MIAC report and the fact that Ron Paul and C4L stuff was found on his belongings.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM

I believe the $$$ was the issue. As LE if this guy were giving me beligerence, I'd be doing exactly what these agents were doing. I don't care for getting abused at the airport either, and what the hell my toe nail clippers have to do with national security is beyond my comprehension... so, how to fix these things?? Large sums of cash would be a non issue if travelers checks were used instead. Crying wolf too often, nobody is going to hear you when there really is a wolf. I'm not kidding. Pick fights with LE to try to make yourselves out to be victims will get no sympathy from me.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I believe the $$$ was the issue. As LE if this guy were giving me beligerence, I'd be doing exactly what these agents were doing. I don't care for getting abused at the airport either, and what the hell my toe nail clippers have to do with national security is beyond my comprehension... so, how to fix these things?? Large sums of cash would be a non issue if travelers checks were used instead. Crying wolf too often, nobody is going to hear you when there really is a wolf. I'm not kidding. Pick fights with LE to try to make yourselves out to be victims will get no sympathy from me.
The man is not required by law to answer TSA's questions regarding cash he's holding. He has no weapons and no drugs. He's not being belligerent, he just keeps asking the same question which is a legitimate one. Why doesn't the TSA agent simply say it is required by law or not to answer the question. What is the TSA agent hiding?

C4L operates on a shoestring budget and some people prefer the privacy of cash. Simple as that.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,831 times
Quote:
Pick fights with LE to try to make yourselves out to be victims will get no sympathy from me.
Unless you are a Black NFL player who ran a red light and refused to stop for a police officer...

Old 04-01-2009, 11:03 PM

goptta you believe whatever you like. I know where the officer was wrong, and where he was right. That's for those hearing his case to decide. Cross thread isn't useful.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:52 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
Default man detained by TSA for carrying CASH!!!!!!!

YouTube - Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies