Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times

Advertisements

He was rated the most liberal senator so anyone who did a little research on his record shouldn't have expected him to be a compromise candidate. McCain would have been the compromise candidate. He spent his career compromising (i.e. pissing off conservatives). I'm not saying McCain would have been any better. Truely we had no good choices this time around. Let's hope for better in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1178/pol...roval-historic

I am not surprised. Obviously, the destruction of the US was not the "change" some (R)'s and Indies voted for.

What that poll also indicates is that with extremely low approval among Republicans and still high overall approval, the GOP is shrinking fast.

Becoming a fringe party rather than mainstream, it appears. Let's see if the GOP leadership comes to their senses before they back themselves into a corner they can't squirm out of.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
the funny thing is I'm a moderate and yet I'm made to feel as though I'm a bit to the right of atilla the hun since the election.
Ditto, but I'll add that it's been since long before the election.

Left wing types tend to have this mentality of "you're with me, or you're an intolerant, racist, stupid person who doesn't have enough intelligence to rub two sticks together."

I ask, who's being intolerant?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
He was rated the most liberal senator so anyone who did a little research on his record shouldn't have expected him to be a compromise candidate. McCain would have been the compromise candidate. He spent his career compromising (i.e. pissing off conservatives). I'm not saying McCain would have been any better. Truely we had no good choices this time around. Let's hope for better in 2012.
He was rated "most liberal" by a right wing rag magazine who cooked the statistic up. They did the same thing with Al Gore rating him the "most liberal" ...LOL

Stop spreading right wing propaganda.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He was rated "most liberal" by a right wing rag magazine who cooked the statistic up. They did the same thing with Al Gore rating him the "most liberal"
What magazine was that? Do you have a link to both articles?

I'm not (necessarily) questioning your information, as I don't know where that designation originated, but I'm not just going to take your word for it, either.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:46 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1178/pol...roval-historic

I am not surprised. Obviously, the destruction of the US was not the "change" some (R)'s and Indies voted for.

And you guys like to call people concerned about the environment "alarmists"...

Actually I think he is doing quite well for the first Black President in the history of a country with a shabby record on race issues.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
He's been bipartisan to the point of pissing off his base.
Can you give some examples? Especially having to do with his budget and the economy?

Quote:
Perhaps it's all the racists coming out of the woodwork.
Is that the only card you have to play? Criticize obama - you're racist. Point out what a truly inept, bumbling fool he is without the TOTUS - you're a racist. Care that he will put this country into debt the likes we have never seen - you're a racist.

Tell me you don't mind that the deficit under obama will double many times over. That's A-ok with you?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
The only reason why there may be any "polarizing" is because the right wing nuts can't get over their loss. They don't WANT the change.. they said they do, but if they were inoffice nothing would be getting accomplished.

They don't have the balls to do what needs to be done to get this country fixed.. he does.. and they resent it and they block him at every turn.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Ditto, but I'll add that it's been since long before the election. Left wing types tend to have this mentality of "you're with me, or you're an intolerant, racist, stupid person who doesn't have enough intelligence to rub two sticks together." I ask, who's being intolerant?
You know, sometimes you just reap what you sow. When right-wingers put up posts that are indicative of intolerance, racism, or stupidity, they should not be surprised to see them critiqued as such. If you want to be respected as one of intelligence who uses reason to relate actual facts and tested theories into a coherent view of an issue, try posting some things that look like that. No one owes you such respect without your having earned it first. You have heard of Personal Responsibility®, haven't you...

Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Is it actually necessary to note at this point that "destruction of the US" would have been an example of "staying the course" that Bushie had led us along?
I seem to remember you screeching about bush's $400 Billion deficit - but not a word from you regarding obama's $13 TRILLION deficit. Do you realize that your credibility is now in the SH***er?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies