Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:46 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Obama Gives $6 Billion to ACORN but only $50k to Italy Earthquake Victims
LMAO, still hanging on to that little Acorn are ya? Next thing Bill Ayres will crop up again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
the global poverty act? obama couldn't wait to sign that one. we shouldn't be responsible for giving a single dime to anyone overseas. screw africa, and other 3rd world places. they just use the money we give them against their own people. the money never hits the target.

The day may come when you need help yourself, and you'd best pray that others show more compassion for you than you show for others.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
[quote=saganista;8213105]Thank you for repeatedly lying. There is no $6 billion for ACORN, there is no $2 billion for ACORN, there is nothing for ACORN at all save that contracting officials in one or more of over a thousand state and local agencies through which the appopriated funds might be channelled could choose ACORN as the best and most qualified local supplier of services to be contracted for. What a freaking joke you people are.

quote]

According to Saganista the All-Knowing, it remains to be seen how much ACORN will get. In his world, I guess it's too presumptuous to think that an organization that has been able to obtain sizeable input into the 2010 Census should be completely considered out of the running for funds to do such? ACORN, no matter how it is referenced in the budget, will get a sh*tload of money and we all know it.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
[quote=AeroGuyDC;8213665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Thank you for repeatedly lying. There is no $6 billion for ACORN, there is no $2 billion for ACORN, there is nothing for ACORN at all save that contracting officials in one or more of over a thousand state and local agencies through which the appopriated funds might be channelled could choose ACORN as the best and most qualified local supplier of services to be contracted for. What a freaking joke you people are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post

quote]

According to Saganista the All-Knowing, it remains to be seen how much ACORN will get. In his world, I guess it's too presumptuous to think that an organization that has been able to obtain sizeable input into the 2010 Census should be completely considered out of the running for funds to do such? ACORN, no matter how it is referenced in the budget, will get a sh*tload of money and we all know it.
LMAO, you got nothing but empty rhetoric...

Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
because I don't want to fund tyrants in africa? tell ya what, talk to an african immigrant, and ask them how much they enjoyed that USA money. then come talk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
The day may come when you need help yourself, and you'd best pray that others show more compassion for you than you show for others.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
[quote=thefinalsay;8213880]because I don't want to fund tyrants in africa? tell ya what, talk to an african immigrant, and ask them how much they enjoyed that USA money. then come talk to me.[/quote

USAID Africa (http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-saharan_africa/ - broken link)

You might want to check the Washington Post archives to see the article about Bush tripling our aid to Africa. If it's fine with you that thousands die
of AIDS, malaria, dysentery and hunger every day on the African continent,
it's no skin off my nose. Now, please provide me with a taped or written discussion between you and a recipient of our assistance who isn't grateful;
then come and talk to us all.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I just put it out there for consumption. If you're naive enough to think that ACORN won't recieve any money from Obama in the stimulus, you've clearly bought into the Obamatron-nation.
What a joke! You go from "Obama gave ACORN $6 billion" to "Obama gave Acorn $2 billion" to "there's no money for ACORN in the budget but I'll bet they get some."

Why can't you just pick a lie or an unsupported supposition and stick to it?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
LMAO, still hanging on to that little Acorn are ya? Next thing Bill Ayres will crop up again...
Obama is coming off of his first incredibly successful foreign policy trip and these people can't handle it so they recycle their stinky old campaign mud.

"He's a Muslim!"
"He's giving money to ACORN!"
"He went to Rev. Wright's Church!"
"Michelle isn't proud of America!"

Give it up, or at least come up with some new crap to spread. No one cared or believed this stuff before the election. What makes you think they care or believe it now?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:26 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
bush isn't president anymore, so that pretty much moot, but he was an idiot for funding those terrorists in africa. I don't tape conversations with people I talk to. it wasn't 1 or 2 people, but several I have talked to who all said the same thing. the worst thing the united states could do was to keep giving money to corrupt governments. I have no problem with charity, but the US government isn't a charity. we got people in the US who are suffering from the same stuff, so we should focus on them before we start spreading money everywhere.

[quote=Salukifan1;8214073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
because I don't want to fund tyrants in africa? tell ya what, talk to an african immigrant, and ask them how much they enjoyed that USA money. then come talk to me.[/quote

USAID Africa (http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-saharan_africa/ - broken link)

You might want to check the Washington Post archives to see the article about Bush tripling our aid to Africa. If it's fine with you that thousands die
of AIDS, malaria, dysentery and hunger every day on the African continent,
it's no skin off my nose. Now, please provide me with a taped or written discussion between you and a recipient of our assistance who isn't grateful;
then come and talk to us all.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What a joke! You go from "Obama gave ACORN $6 billion" to "Obama gave Acorn $2 billion" to "there's no money for ACORN in the budget but I'll bet they get some."

Why can't you just pick a lie or an unsupported supposition and stick to it?
I never said $6 billion. You've not seen one word from me agreeing with the $6B mentioned. Get it right.

I posted the House budget document for all to see, which says $2B for "neighborhood stabilization" ......it would take a dumbarse liberal to not get that that is speakeasy for ACORN and the likes.

Can you seriously sit there and think that $2B means nothing for ACORN? If not then who? Enlighten us please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies