Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 02:56 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its called societal norms, If we legalize gay marriage, it just opens the door for everthing else. 10,000 years of history has been just fine without gay marriage. We cross that threshold, next thing we know, people are going to demand that they get married to children, animals, etc...what do we say then?
Hey, Anita Bryant, you lost THIS argument in the 1970s...try a new one.

Sorry, but animals and children are not legally able to give consent...but you don't care, you're just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people with your little City-Data personality. Do you act this way in real life, and if so, how many REAL friends do you have? (Real friends are those who will come over to your house and who will call you up to hang out)...Seriously, at least make a legitimate argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 03:19 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Sorry, but animals and children are not legally able to give consent...
Yet.

Let's see how far left the SCOTUS goes in the next decade.

Then there's those pesky polygamists. Tell me that you oppose them out of tradition.

There's not a reason in the world that Mass, Vt, and Iowa (and whoever the fourth one was) can henceforth legally forbid polygamous marriage.

What the heck. Birds do it, bees do it. Even schizoids do it.

Perhaps zipcodes should marry.

"Do you, 91210, take 08088 in matrimony?"

"Eeew, like gag me with a spoon."

Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yet.

Let's see how far left the SCOTUS goes in the next decade.

Then there's those pesky polygamists. Tell me that you oppose them out of tradition.

There's not a reason in the world that Mass, Vt, and Iowa (and whoever the fourth one was) can henceforth legally forbid polygamous marriage.

What the heck. Birds do it, bees do it. Even schizoids do it.

Perhaps zipcodes should marry.

"Do you, 91210, take 08088 in matrimony?"

"Eeew, like gag me with a spoon."
Your post makes very little sense.

I will respond to one part. Who cares if we have polygamy if all parties consent? Polygamy is a natural form of companionship and has been in human society forever. I see nothing wrong with plural marriages as long as all parties are consenting adults.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Your post makes very little sense.
Translation: I don't do ambiguity or hyperbole.

Quote:
I will respond to one part. Who cares if we have polygamy if all parties consent? Polygamy is a natural form of companionship and has been in human society forever. I see nothing wrong with plural marriages as long as all parties are consenting adults.
At least youre honest.

Appalling in your vapidity, but honest.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Translation: I don't do ambiguity or hyperbole.

At least youre honest.

Appalling in your vapidity, but honest.
I don't get it, you consider his post appallingly vapid? So his post is dull beyond belief? That's seriously overly dramatic of you.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't get it, you consider his post appallingly vapid? So his post is dull beyond belief? That's seriously overly dramatic of you.
And that's redundantly adverbial of you.

But hey.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
And that's redundantly adverbial of you.

But hey.
LOL, ok.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

355 posts, read 447,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're asking me to shut up if I don't like what you have to say. I could say the same thing to you.

No, we all have a right to express our opinions. That's what the forum is for. You clearly have the minority view here.
That is not what I said. You have every right to express your opinions and I have every right to express mine.

The problem at hand is that you and the rest of the left-leaning emotional posters here seem to want it one way, and that is your way. When somebody new comes along that provides rebuttals and backs it up with traditional conservative viewpoints or even remotely mentions the Lord or quotes a scripture, people like you get all bent out of shape.

Then the name-calling and labels begin to fly from the left side.

So all I am stating is you can post your leftist diatribe here all you want, as long as you allow me and the other conservatives to rebut without having to contend with malicious attacks or jumping to conclusions from your side.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:11 PM

355 posts, read 447,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Classic, you totally fell right into my trap, bravo! I totally knew you were going to say that, god you're so predictable!
Predictable, I am. You finally got one correct.

As long as it infuriates the forever-ranting, driveling leftist crowd, I am content.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Predictable, I am. You finally got one correct.

As long as it infuriates the forever-ranting, driveling leftist crowd, I am content.
Wrong again, you don't infuriate me, I actually think you're a complete loud mouth driveling poser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies