Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:04 AM

74 posts, read 234,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Since you brought this thread back to the topic I will try to articulate better!
When I see the hate, some have said that is too strong, others said yeah hate, but strong emotional dislike, rage, ridicule, attempts to humiliate, President Bush, and those of us on the right especially conservative christians,. I am reminded that," for our struggle is not againts flesh and blood" other words it is not GBG or YAP againts me! GBG can insult and ridicule me all he wants , I understand it is not his fault , I do not hold animosity towards him. "but against principalitys, against powers, against the rulers of this dark age and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm" We know as christians and certainly an outspoken christian leader we are going to take hits and be persecuted, but we also know where its coming from. As much as I detest the likes of Micheal Moore , Rosie Odonell and their ilk, EPHESIANS 6;12 tells us whats driving them. as hard as it is for myself, I must remind myself to pray for those who come against me! Bottom line it is not us, it is, spiritual warfare!
Silas, VERY, VERY well said!!!!
Evil defined as Bush/Nixon? HA HA, Wow what a comphy life folks lead here in the land of milk n honey! In 1952 I had an Uncle in the Ukraine that was imprisoned in siberia for suspision of having a bible in his house! Although they did let him go home once he was so sick and malnurished he lived only a few weeks home. THAT, my fellow Americans is EVIL! Ya, Reagan was a Profit indead........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 07:15 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Man, if you dodge people like you do questions, the Eagles should draft you to lock in a Superbowl win next year.

~TT
Glad to see a fellow Eagles fan here!

Now back to your regular programming...

Old 04-01-2007, 07:29 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Well that explains a lot, Spunky is a chick, that accounts for the lack of logic, I twas wondering.

Your grandchildren will be paying back the Chinese the principle and interest the US now owes them, due to Bush borrowing from them.

The Chinese are building a military designed to deny America the ability to operated in the Western Pacific. They are paying for this with the shiploads of money America sends to it.

Meanwhile Bush is distracted by a third rate invasion of a third rate nation. One day when China launches its invasion of Taiwan and America can do nothing but posture, the historians will know why.

Your grandchildren will be at risk from Muslim fanatics enraged by the invasion of a muslim country by the Christian Americans.

The stories of Bush and Rove making fun of the Christain conservatives who have supported them and legendary, as are the accounts of Bush berating underlings.

As we all know, neither Bush nor Cheney served their country in combat, nor even in the military of the United States.
A bit unfair of you to define Spunky's logical abilities by gender but otherwise you make some interesting points.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:07 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Yeah, is unfair to ascribe Spunky's lack of logic to being a chick, especially since Silas appears to be male and has the same lack of logic.

Yes, I do make good points, I do my homework. If I thought that the "conservatives" would listen I would be politer. But, they are so stuck in their fears that they cannot hear anything that could upset their equilibrium. So I play the gadfly.

Silas, why do you think your mythology is any more accurate than the stories of Persephone and Hades?

Oh, I was in Ephesus a couple of weeks ago, stood where Paul castigated the temple merchants. Very cool, I really liked the secret passage from the library to the Brothel. A man could tell his wife he was going to the library, then sneak through the passageway to carnal delights.

I do my pilgrimages, do you?

Old 04-01-2007, 08:24 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Well, one obvious accomplishment is that we have been free from terror attacks on our soil for over 5 yrs. Five years! We should feel blessed that we live in a safe country, and our freedom is secure. And since National Security is one of the most important aspects of gov't I think even the most left-leaning citizen would appreciate this.
Oh, boy! By that criteria, Clinton kept us terror-free for 8 years. Even the most right-leaning citizen can appreciate that, right?

Old 04-01-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Silas you are correct.

Herein sorry, it's pointless to try and debate logically with posters such as you, gbg, and yap. . . Homies? Please. Atleast admit it, your mind is made up there is nothing anyone could say that would change your point of view so why do you try and bait people? Just like the other thread where the question was asked-no one is responding. . the only posters on the thread are those left of middle, having a field day putting down our President. I hope they are proud.

Any conservative realizes it is pointless. You don't want to debate. You want to put the current administration down, slander them, call them evil, homies, murderers, and then make fun of and put down people who dont share your views. No thanks.
That's funny that you are criticizing debating tactics, because Yap asked you to name three concrete accomplishments of the Bush Administration, and all you've done is tap dance. How about answering the question first? If you can, that is.

I remember asking someone else the same question months ago, and I am still waiting for that reply, too...

Old 04-01-2007, 08:36 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
That's funny that you are criticizing debating tactics, because Yap asked you to name three concrete accomplishments of the Bush Administration, and all you've done is tap dance. How about answering the question first? If you can, that is.

I remember asking someone else the same question months ago, and I am still waiting for that reply, too...
See the accomplishments thread for a partial list.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Remember something, if he's nominated, I plan to vote for a Republican in 2008.
After Watergate, Iran-Contra, and now this disaster of a presidency complete with 9/11, the subsequent defiling of our Consitution and basic rights, and attempts to turn our great country into a fascist theocracy, it is going to take decades, if ever, until I vote Republican again, even for dog catcher. There are way too many of the same players involved throughout the years, and if they aren't rooted out and forever disgraced now, they and their ilk will keep coming back again and again a la Rumsfeld and Cheney.

And I think that's sad. Yes, I'm left-leaning, but I don't like feeling as if I don't have a choice. I don't really think Democrats are working in my best interests, either, but Republicans have absolutely nothing to offer me whatsoever.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
Quote:
Ok, I'm going to be sarcastic, but I think you're a nice lady so I'll apologize now, lol

You're right WB. I shouldn't hate Bush for letting who knows how many people die from Katrina by his inaction. I shouldn't hate Bush for sending thousands of young Americans to die in Iraq based on a LIE, and then over 3000 actually dying from it. I shouldn't hate Bush because my children's children will be paying down the deficit he's created.

I should just be "displeased", lol. "Tsk tsk Mr. Bush. You should really be more careful."
No, that wasn't my point Hate is what got us into this and more hate the way some people are HATING is a dangerous game and we will all pay for HATE. The willingness to get out and get something done is better then, hating it all make a change be a difference in the world in all that you can do. You just used the word HATE and the HATE that we see from our youth is scary and they are learning this HATE and DISCONTENT from ADULTS!!

I very much agree President Bush is not winning at much these days and I do believe he has NO SUPPORT from the other side. We are so divided in congress it should not be tolerated. All the average person can do is vote and hope the person you put in gets the job done.

By the way THANKS for the compliment!! GBG doesn't think so!!

Old 04-01-2007, 08:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
I can only judge a tree by its fruit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies