Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times

Advertisements

Now that Chancellor Obama's "party" has almost complete contol of all aspects of governmemt, can we conclude that his America destoying policies will now continue unabated? Does anyone care that the democrat party will NEVER vote against him? And that the chain of command goes from bad to worse with "succesion"? Can I hear our future as a superpower bieng destroyed for the sake of world opinion?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Very dramatic.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Why are you mad at the Democrats?

Bush, Cheney, and the rest of the neocon cabal are the exact reasons the Republicans are in their current state. Kick them out and many former Republicans will be happy to return to the party.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
I again defer to section 4 of "How to win any argument on the Internet"
How to Win Any Argument On the Internet

Quote:
4) AT SOME POINT IN TIME, CLAIM THE OTHER PERSON IS A NAZI. Every, and I repeat EVERY Internet argument should involve at least one comparison to either Hitler or the Nazis. This is one of the most basic requirements of an average Internet debate, and although ignorant outsiders may find it silly to compare a person arguing on the Internet with an individual responsible for the execution of millions, this action represents one of the most traditional pillars of every online debate. The earliest recorded instance of the infamous "Nazi clause" can be traced to Greg "suprsk8r" Henderson, who used Q-Link in July of 1986 to call Alex "Dr_Millions" Wilson "the Adolf Hitler of preseason NCAA fantasy league basketball" over People Connection.

FLAME: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no i dont think taht GI Joe could beat the Transformers in a battle cuz Optomus prime would like totally kill the S out of duke and waht do u know about anything anyway u reteard

INCORRECT RESPONSE: Dear Internet cur, I'll have you know that your churlish actions and replies reek of an insolent ignoramus! Why, upon reading your cretinous claim, I let out a mighty scoff and nearly choked upon my brandy!
CORRECT RESPONSE: F U HITLER!!!
Or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Quote:
Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an informal adage created by Mike Godwin in 1990. The adage states: "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3]
or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

Quote:
Reductio ad Hitlerum, also argumentum ad Hitlerum, or reductio (or argumentum) ad Nazium – dog Latin for "reduction (or argument) to Adolf Hitler (or the Nazis)" – is a modern formal fallacy in logic. The name is a pun on reductio ad absurdum, or especially its related argumentum ad misericordiam. It is a variety of both questionable cause and association fallacy. The phrase reductio ad Hitlerum was coined by an academic ethicist, Leo Strauss, in 1953. Engaging in this fallacy is sometimes known as playing the Nazi card.[1][2]

Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM

749 posts, read 947,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Now that Chancellor Obama's "party" has almost complete contol of all aspects of governmemt, can we conclude that his America destoying policies will now continue unabated? Does anyone care that the democrat party will NEVER vote against him? And that the chain of command goes from bad to worse with "succesion"? Can I hear our future as a superpower bieng destroyed for the sake of world opinion?
This fits in perfectly with the end times scenario.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: rude

Besides, the GOP has voted in lockstep against the President on a number of occasions. I doubt the Democrats have voted 100% with the President (except for the Lilly Ledbetter Act, perhaps).

So a post full of lies. What's new?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-28-2009 at 02:18 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,199,371 times
Oh yeah- Obama just promised everyone in America a VW.
Tanks are rolling arcoss the Canadian line, Darn Obama signed a pact with them not to invade.
The USAF is bombing Cuba night and day.

The similarities are striking, what are we gonna do?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

OH MAN! Well this time can they be Lady Nazi's? You know, the kind with the stilletto heels and a riding crop? Or will that be in 2012?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Someone needs to take his medication - and increase the dosage.
No kidding. He is EMOrocks after all.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
I'm assuming you weren't around during Bush's reign of terror. If you weren't, I'll tell you that his party was in control during that reign of terror. Go cry me a river now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies