Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,296,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I guess if we want to destroy ourselves, we can attempt to behave as though the world is all sweetness and light, and no evil exists.

Problem with that is that you would find few to go along with you. Hence, you would be wiped out in short order.
Fatuous logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,029,565 times
As opposed to yours; twisted and naive.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM

14,491 posts, read 11,318,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sorry all, torture is torture.
Its inexcusable, wrong, illegal, etc.
Would you complain if your family were tortured?
Would you use torture if the lives of your family members depended upon it?

Old 04-19-2009, 03:51 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,050,883 times
This reminds me of the Monty Python skit, "How to tell a terrorist"
"If it's made of wood, and floats like a duck..."
"It's a terrorist!!"

Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,226,123 times
"That's a fair cop"

Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,955,162 times
Thumbs down Friends of my enemy know on the side they lie.

You sympathize with the terrorist enemy, I stand against the enemy.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was one of the major mastermind behind the 911 attacks.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed gained his claim to fame as the “mastermind†of the September 11, 2001 attacks. He has been reported as the person who approached bin Laden, in 1996, with the idea that would developed into the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (Al Qaeda)

Here is the intel we captured from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. He is not a nice guy. To sympathize with him is against all I believe in.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's '31 plots'

CIA Waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed 183 Times In One Month

Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,242,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Actually, it was KSM--not Zubaydah--that was waterboarded that many times. My mistake.
Wait, let me get this straight, the guy who

was "the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks". He is also thought to have had, or has confessed to, a role in many of the most significant terrorist plots over the last twenty years, including the World Trade Center 1993 bombings, the Operation Bojinka plot, an aborted 2002 attack on Los Angeles' U.S. Bank Tower, the Bali nightclub bombings, the failed bombing of American Airlines Flight 63, the Millennium Plot, and the murder of Daniel Pearl. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

killing THOUSANDS of innocent americans, including children, gets sympathy from you because he was SCARED that he would die?

What the hell is wrong with you and why do you hate americans so much that you dont want to see those punished that killed our innocent children?

Old 04-19-2009, 06:57 PM

471 posts, read 588,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
So your answer is "nothing".

I hate to mix the line between reality and fiction. Especially with movie quotes. However, since you live in Candy Land, and it fits so perfectly, I don't think you will mind. That and the fact that you think while they saw our heads off and hate us we should just sit and talk to them and give them a proper trial so maybe just MAYBE they wont be so brutal with us.

From a Few Good Men... (names changed for effect )

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, fatchance2005? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for terrorist and curse the US government interrogators; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that KSM torture, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what answer you think you are entitled to."

profound eh? Thought it applied very well to this argument.

Last edited by bambam0084; 04-19-2009 at 07:10 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 PM

33,002 posts, read 36,540,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
No it doesn't work! The intelligence community has always said it didn't, that's why torture is considered a criminal act.
Never heard an operative say that..

Old 04-19-2009, 08:07 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,655,244 times
Maybe we should have followed thier lead and just beheaded him..I mean you America haters think it was perfectly alright that they did it to Nick Berg...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies