Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Venezuela is one country that actually GIVES humanitarian aid to the US, Millions of households benefit from free oil supplied by the Venezuelan people each year. Thank you for the heating oil this winter Mr. Chavez.
Please.... you, Joe Kennedy, and Robert Kennedy Jr are nothing more than "useful idiots."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:55 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
W/o Partisan biasness I want to know what makes Castro and Chavez so bad compared to Bush....
Buddy, just the fact that you can ask that question in all seriousness is just astounding. It's truly astounding and shows a profound ignorance well beyond my capacity to inform.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM

450 posts, read 502,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Buddy, just the fact that you can ask that question in all seriousness is just astounding. It's truly astounding and shows a profound ignorance well beyond my capacity to inform.
And why is that Neil? because I am actually comparing an AMERICA president to international scum?
Mmm ok I'm sorry i am not like yourself and many others who can offset facts and act like nothing an American President does is EVER wrong.

Like I said Bush is probably vilified and perceived as a worse leader than Chavez and Castro combined!

My point of asking the original question is, (IMO) it is amazing how we look and talk down on other leaders around the world as if our last leader wasn't one of the worst.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Please.... you, Joe Kennedy, and Robert Kennedy Jr are nothing more than "useful idiots."
Um, no, the US president and the US Congress and the US oil companies that stood aside and let Chavez make the country look stupid were the "useful idiots."

Think about it.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:08 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Quote:
At least I'm useful.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
What can the president of the U.S.A learn from this tyrents? Why is he meeting with them? They have more blood on their hands from killing people that disagree with them.It should be a crime agianst humanity to meet with theese murderers,and they should be put in jail.
Probably about as much as these Presidents and for similar reasons:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Teheran_conference-1943.jpg/797px-Teheran_conference-1943.jpg

Dwight_Eisenhower_Nikita_Khrushchev_and_their_wive s_at_state_dinner_1959.png

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/463620600_e116c153bd_o.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Nixon_Mao_1972-02-29.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Reagan_and_Gorbachev_hold_discussions.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a1a6go75IaqR/610x.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Bushhujintao.jpg

Old 04-19-2009, 06:04 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,396 times
Quote:
Yeah, and Saddam was the "duly elected leader" of the Iraqi people too, right?

Ah...so it's all our fault and the poor downtrodden worker's advocate, Senor Chavez from Venezuela, is being vilified by those evil business interests. Those evil businessmen with their profits...with their capitalism....they are just out to get the poor hero of our Venezuelan worker friends.

I see, and the fact that he works against our national interest is immaterial? His collusion with Iran should just be ignored? His rhetoric and his actions don't mean anything, right? We're the ones who are to blame and we should just leave him alone, right?

I just shake my head and can't believe that people can be so naive. Of course if you're naive, that's no big deal. The real problem is when our President is also naive. That makes me concerned.
the naive people are the ones who do NOT know how Saddam got to the power...once they will find out...they will scratch they head

Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,396 times
Quote:
I'm an American citizen and don't need any experience in Venezuela to take its leader at his word that he is not a friend of my country. If you are in such awe of Chavez, they have flights to Caracas leaving all the time.
spoken like a TRUE settler.

Quote:
So your point is that you can't have an understanding of an international issue or form an educated opinion unless you've been to the country and understand its inner workings....is that right? So using your twisted logic, most of the liberals in this country should shut up about Iraq and Iran, given they've never been there and have no experience with those countries.
Do I have you correctly?
"sometimes I do things people do not like, but I still do them"
Dubay.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute...load.cfm?q=891

Important information about how Chavez has acted in the past and important enough for forward looking solutions.

Quote:
Moreover, administrative
shabbiness and corruption last year allowed some
270 tons of cocaine to pass through Venezuela bound
for the United States and Europe.
Quote:
Captured
Reyes computer files (the files survived the attack
because they were stored in a steel safe) show that
Chávez may have offered to send up to 300 million
dollars to the FARC; coordinated diplomatic moves
with them; provided guns, rocket propelled grenade
launchers, and thousands of rounds of ammunition;
as well as sanctuary within Venezuela.
Quote:
At some point, the conspiratorial and bullying
Chávez imperio will end because of corruption,
administrative incompetence, and the democratic
yearnings of the Venezuelan people. Venezuela can
then resume its role as constructive member of the
international community. Colombia seems to be on
its way to peace and security, but needs continued
support from its neighbors. In the meantime, a blind
anti-American and anti-democratic populist rage, fed
by dysfunctional state systems, massive poverty, and
social exclusion, is alive across a number of countries,
complicating the defense agendas of governments,
forcing counterproductive compromises between
internal and external domains.45 Populist governments
tend to be idealists on national defense, relying on
diplomacy and “development” to solve conflict,
often running away from the deterrent potential of
the military instrument, while making deals with
the devil and distancing themselves from the United
States.
You give no room for people as oppressive as Chavez. He has literally looked at military means to control local governments which is beyond defensible in what we think of as democratic societies.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 04-19-2009 at 06:46 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 06:39 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Quote:
I'm an American citizen and don't need any experience in Venezuela to take its leader at his word that he is not a friend of my country. If you are in such awe of Chavez, they have flights to Caracas leaving all the time.

So your point is that you can't have an understanding of an international issue or form an educated opinion unless you've been to the country and understand its inner workings....is that right? So using your twisted logic, most of the liberals in this country should shut up about Iraq and Iran, given they've never been there and have no experience with those countries.

Do I have you correctly?

Yes, especially when the media of your country, and mine, (USA) lies about the country because it is in the interests of their conglomerates' financial interest to do so.

The "factual" news vs the US news, as they say.

The truth does tend to come out, though- if a country is interested enough in an oversea's event. Which is why, despite the best lies of the media, most Americans do know the basic score on Iraq.

Alas, there is zero interest in Latin America among the general populace here. So, the corporate lies have persisted- to a greater degree.

And I usually fly Varig to Rio, fyi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies