Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:14 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

Democrats NEVER labeled him Messiah

Quite true.

But his speeches and the resulting adulation did imply that he was some kind of savior. Those crowd chants of "Yes, We Can?" Good grief! One wonders how many in the audience had little red books to wave. Obama is smart man, most likely a good man. He won a good victory, fair and square and deserves lots of accolades. But he is just a man, and a politician at that. All politicians- all of them- should be viewed with a permanent and healthy dose of skepticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 03:17 PM

471 posts, read 587,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
LMAO: Now the neo-cons are trying to say that Democrats follow Farrakhan? Such puny minds.

I don't think he is the leader of the democrats. Not at all, I was simply giving an example of a democrat/leftward leaning person who did, in fact, call him the "Messiah". Which he did. Thats the only point I wanted to make. No rational person thinks that Farrakhan leads democrats. Just like no one should think that Ann Coulter is our leader either. God I hope you don't at least.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:19 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
I'm sure Oprah running around the country shouting "Could he be THE ONE?" didn't help with the image.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
You consider FARRAKAN an end to a discussion. I'm glad you have so much faith in someone who spews hate.
i consider the fact that the hate-spewing FARRAKHAN spouted idiocy about obama being the messiah, despite your pleas that such a thing never happened, to be the end of this discussion, correct.

so would you, if you were honest.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Oh my God, do you want to see disgusting messiah worship? Get ready, it's gross.

YouTube - Sarah Palin Republican Convention - Part 1

Old 04-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Democrats never did call Obama the Messiah, OP, you're right. It's all the masses of right wing sheep that cant come up with an original expression to save their little bleating, jingling souls.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I have yet to see one news footage or article from a democrat labeling Obama as their Messiah, Master or God. Why is it that the conservatives and the anti-obama crowd continue with this labeling? It appears to me this is the way YOU see him. I don't, no one that i've EVER spoken too see him as such...So why do you?

Did the democrats label Bush the Messiah or Master when he took the 2000 & 2004 elections?

Unfortuantely for many on CD mainly those who takes issue when they can not obtain agreement from the other side. Juvenile discussions typically takes away from credible discussion.
Louis Farrakhan used those exact words.

Pelosi said 0bama was a gift from God.

Even Hilary made the joke about celestial choirs and lights coming down from heaven.

When conservatives refer to 0bama as the messiah, it is a form of satire, (which flies over your head, apparently) to point out the messianic allure and the comical over the top near deity status democrats seem to heap on a guy with absolutely no accomplishments, great deeds or experience.... beyond reading a teleprompter and causing women to faint while listening to his campaign speeches.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
since a number a people appear to be glossing over bambam0084's excellent rebuttal:

Quote:
Louis Farrakhan: Barack Obama Is "The Messiah"

Minister Louis Farrakhan, the controversial leader of the Nation of Islam, has declared Barack Obama to be the Messiah. Farrakhan did this at a gathering last February, but the video has just hit Youtube and is causing shock waves.

Obama supporters have referred to Obama as "The One", and other terms that suggest not a political figure to be admired and supported, but a religious figure to be followed and even worshiped.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
since a number a people appear to be glossing over bambam0084's excellent rebuttal:
hmm, what number would that number be

Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM

471 posts, read 587,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Democrats never did call Obama the Messiah, OP, you're right. It's all the masses of right wing sheep that cant come up with an original expression to save their little bleating, jingling souls.

Wow... Tell me if I am wrong, but you do not consider a person a Democrat unless they hold an office? Because if not then your wrong. Farrakhan said Obama was the Messiah, Farrakhan is a democrat and left of center. It was the OP point and it was rebutted. Is that not good enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies