Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,797,803 times

Advertisements

Well she did say she thinks people should the choice...

And it's fine she thinks that in HER family marriage should be between a man and a woman.
The country isn't HERS just because she is a Miss America pageant. I live in this country too, pay taxes, obey the laws, etc and if my straight counterparts can enter into a legal contract of marriage, I don't see why I can't.
Some 17 year old college dropout knocked up by her boyfriend can enter legal marriage but a same-sex couple who has been together for 25 years cannot. ::shakes head::

She's a ditz like the majority of her peers in the contest.
If one cannot even frame the discussion in the right words: "opposite marriage"??? WTF??? you lose all credibility with me.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:08 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Perez is a fat flaming example of what is wrong with America. He is vicious when in comes to people who don't have the same views on sexuality that he does. He needs the shock value tho to even remain in the public eye. Being gay is fine, just as being straight is, but its when people like this try to force it down your throat(no pun intended) that people get tired of his flaming ass.

So was the flaming ass pun intended?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,706,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I just watched Miss California's "speech" on Youtube.

First of all, I'm gay and I didn't find anything that she said to be offensive. She has a right to her opinion, even though I personally disagree with her on this issue. I don't think that she hates gay people... I'd be willing to bet that she has gay friends. She should't have to appologize for what she said: she was asked a question, and she answered honestly and respectfully.

I'd much rather be friends with Ms. California than that tool Perez Hilton. I'm embarassed that we have people like Mr. Hilton in the national spotlight "representing" the gay community. Fortunately, the majority of gay people I know don't act like that.
Unfortunately, this is precisely the type of comment that illustrates the self-hatred often identified with gay men. She has a right to her opinion, but when that opinion is based on ignorance and missinformation, then her integrity is flawed and compromised. Sexual orientation is an organic phenomena; there are millions of gay people in this country, and I have yet to hear one state that they "chose" to be gay.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,019,595 times
While I find her view of marriage to be ridiculous, it is also ridiculous that she didn't win because what she said disagreed with the judge's point of view.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Unfortunately, this is precisely the type of comment that illustrates the self-hatred often identified with gay men. She has a right to her opinion, but when that opinion is based on ignorance and missinformation, then her integrity is flawed and compromised. Sexual orientation is an organic phenomena; there are millions of gay people in this country, and I have yet to hear one state that they "chose" to be gay.

Who are you to say that her opinion was based on "ignorance and misinformation", did you interview her????

She answered a question with honesty and integrity, which is far more valuable than a title.

Some other gay fool even suggested that she should have "lied" and stated that she supported the homosexual lifesyle

Someone stated that since the gays have done "so much" for the pageant that any opinion not supporting the gay lifestyle is wrong

She has a right to her opinion if you don't agree with it, then don't!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,015,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
A classy reply much like the class reply of the judge. Just more of the same from the left.

If you can't stand that someone has a different opinion than yourself, the problem isn't the other person.
would you be whistling the same tune if her opinion was the opposite?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
What group of people hasn't been through that? What makes gays special? Jewish people are shunned and made fun of every single day. So are Christians (in fact that has become very acceptable by libs today), Hispanics, blacks, heavy people, short people, etc, etc, etc.

You name any group of people and I can give you at least five slurs that are used against them on a regular basis.

It's how you handle it that determines what kind of character you have.
If you can't see the discrimination against homosexuals, you're blind.

There's a reason why gay teenagers are several times more likely to commit suicide than straight kids. It's much more than an issue of individual character.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Understood. If you're black could you openly have a relationship? If you're heavy could you do the same? Trust me, I'm a girl who hit 6' tall in the 7th grade, I know ridicule. A good friend of mine is gay and I can never even IMAGINE comparing the taunts I received to his. Have I ever been openly threatened with death for being tall? He has. Have I ever had my car broken into and slurs written all over it all the while people laughed at me? No, but he has.

It's socially acceptable to hold up signs against gay people, try to enact legislation against them and openly tell them to 'go back into the closet'.

What about that kid who recently commited suicide who was constantly ridiculed for being gay? He was a KID. This shouldn't happen in civilized societies.
Right on. Very well said. Unfortunately, some people here prefer to bury their heads in the sand and pretend there's not a problem.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM

93 posts, read 325,918 times
What is the big deal? I can't stand this. Gays act like they own the world. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:27 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,389,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureblood View Post
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Unless it isn't PC. Then that person must be pounded down.

Resistance is futile. prepare to be assimilated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies