Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
I do but it's not the be all end all in my life. Just as many gays feel they need to be activists from one degree to another (from merely leading a "good" life to shouting down every heterosexual who doesn't praise homosexuality), I feel a need to be an activist to a certain degree in making it obvious that homosexuality is an abornmality and while tolerance is necessary, obeisance to gay agendas and acceptance of gays is not tolerance.
I just don't understand what a gay agenda is. I am gay but I certainly don't have a collective agenda, though all citizens have an agenda to some degree or another, I don't attribute my opinions to an 'agenda," but I do ask to be treated equally as everyone else. As a woman prior to suffrage wasn't granted equal right as to a black during slavery. Even if you believe i'm abnormal, why shouldn't I be able to be treated like an equal in every definition of the word. I don't need your tolerance or obeisance, I just need equal rights. If i want to marry another consenting human being why shouldn't the state or nation that i reside in grant it? Aside from the tired a marriage is between a man and a woman argument. A marriage is not necessarily rooted in religion and religion would be irrelevant to the state sanctioning a marriage to any consenting adults anyway.

What I find ironic, is that typically the heterosexual who wants to deny gay marriage because its coveted to a man and woman, they have the typical belief that homosexuals are promicuous and unfaithful.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I just don't understand what a gay agenda is. I am gay and all I ask is to be treated equally as everyone else. Even if you believe i'm abnormal, why shouldn't I be able to be treated like an equal in every definition of the word. I don't need your tolerance or obeisance, I just need equal rights. If i want to marry another consenting human being why shouldn't the state or nation that i reside in grant it. A marriage is not necessarily rooted in religion and religion would be irrelevant to the state sanctioning a marriage to any consenting adults.
Some people feel more comfortable when there are solid boundaries between what they believe to be right and wrong. I'm not one of them, but my guess is that Omahabound is, and in a way, that's okay with me. We need people in the world who help maintain order in society. I don't think I agree with some of his views, but I think I understand where they're coming from.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some people feel more comfortable when there are solid boundaries between what they believe to be right and wrong. I'm not one of them, but my guess is that Omahabound is, and in a way, that's okay with me. We need people in the world who help maintain order in society. I don't think I agree with some of his views, but I think I understand where they're coming from.
Well, I'm just fortunate to live in a country where the boundaries between right and wrong are more maleable, yet we are still a stable democracy. The sky isn't falling here because we have state sanctioned gay marriage, and their is still law and order. I predict in the next 20 years the majority of U.S States will have state sanctioned gay marriage and I can't wait for that day.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Listen to Miss California - she sounds pretty dang sharp to me.

That radical gay stooge perez hilton - what a hideous person just cause he didn't get the answer he wanted.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Well, I'm just fortunate to live in a country where the boundaries between right and wrong are more maleable, yet we are still a stable democracy. The sky isn't falling here because we have state sanctioned gay marriage, and their is still law and order. I predict in the next 20 years the majority of U.S States will have state sanctioned gay marriage and I can't wait for that day.
Yeah, I know. Well, America has always been a contradiction, combining an outlaw mentality while at the same time, having some strict rules about law and order, right and wrong.

I agree with you about the majority of states having same-sex marriage in the near future, but I'm even more optimistic. I think the majority will have it within the next 10 years, not 20.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Homosexuality isn't a problem in and of itself. It's the reaction some people have to it that causes problems. Most people in America don't equate homosexuality with cancer or blindness. I understand your argument, however.
Pedophilia terribly high among gays. AIDS is astronomical among gay men. Behavior, behavior, behavior.

Quote:
This will tick some people off, but I can certainly see a time when heterosexuality can be guaranteed in a newborn by monitoring and manipulating hormonal levels in a mother's womb.
I haven't seen conclusive scientific evidence that it's hormones.

Quote:
As for "sometimes leading to unacceptable behavior", well, that could be said about anybody.
Sometimes, yes. The religious are just as culpable in bad behaviors but gay men have an absurd predeliction with certain sexual behaviors.

Quote:
True, but your earlier argument was that homosexuality is not normal because it doesn't lead to reproduction. Yes, gays could reproduce if they chose to, but nature designed them so that it's unlikely that will happen.
Not completely. Tab A should fit in Slot B not Slot C. And other reasons.

No matter how gays feel like behaving, their organs are still designed to work male --> female. And whether there are "gay" animals, man has intelligence to guide him out of doing stupid stuff. Dogs eat their vomit and kitty biscuits from the litter box so I wouldn't use the animal defense.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Her answer wasn't the problem.

Asking that question was inappropriate.

The contest is a joke and, like Miss America, should be discontinued.
Agree with everything but the conclusion.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Pedophilia terribly high among gays. AIDS is astronomical among gay men. Behavior, behavior, behavior.
Those aren't results of simply being gay. They are behaviors that people choose to engage in.

And it's not just behavior. Physiology plays a role.

Quote:
No, it's not conclusive, but there's certainly a lot of evidence that points in that direction. I'm not sure what you're suggesting - that people choose their sexual orientation?

CNN.com - Male hormone levels in womb may affect sexual orientation, study says - March 29, 2000

Quote:
Sometimes, yes. The religious are just as culpable in bad behaviors but gay men have an absurd predeliction with certain sexual behaviors.
So? What some people choose to do sexually doesn't mean that everyone is doing it. I could say it's absurd that so many heterosexuals have abortions, but I don't do that because I understand that not all heterosexuals have abortions.

Quote:
I get the impression that you can't fathom the idea that, perhaps, nature didn't intend for everyone to reproduce.

Quote:
No matter how gays feel like behaving, their organs are still designed to work male --> female. And whether there are "gay" animals, man has intelligence to guide him out of doing stupid stuff. Dogs eat their vomit and kitty biscuits from the litter box so I wouldn't use the animal defense.
Animals do a lot of things that humans don't do, and vice versa. Intelligence has little to do with sexual orientation. If we're wired to have a particular orientation, intelligence isn't going to change that.

How lucky for you that you were born heterosexual and can so easily pass judgment on homosexuality. You don't understand sexual orientation, and, I guess, you have little interest in learning about it, but I'll keep trying.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 04-21-2009 at 09:31 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM

Hey Omaha. Here's some basic information for you. I tend to trust people who study human behavior for a living, so I think this is a credible source.

APA Help Center - Health & Emotional Wellness - "Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality"

Old 04-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:

Trust me Tab A fits in slot C. How do you know so much about gay men and their predeliction with sexual behaviour? Personal experience? As for intelligence. Intelligence has no relation to breathing. Sexual compulsion has no relation to intelligence. It doesn't mean i should choose not to breath or choose not to have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies