Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
LOL did you catch that, she called Perez Paris haha... I'm actually more appauled by Paris....
Yeah, I know. I think she's a little confused - well, more than a little.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
HELLO OMAHABOUND I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU!!!

What was the norm of the day re: founding fathers and slavery. Are you to presume they would have endorsed the idea of an African American President?........

Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I understand your point, but in what world do you think you're going to convince doctors and psychologists to reclassify homosexual attraction as a mental illness or as something that should be considered a defect?
Well I would have liked the APA to not have cowered to gay activists in the 70s removing homosexuality from the DSM as a mental disorder based on a political vote rather than science. I would like for the APA to promot escience rather than saying not only will they not listen to any science that may point to homosexuality being other than something normal but to go around promoting homosexuality in society.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
Why is it that some can't debate this issue without bringing in all of the negative hypothetical situations as arguments against two consenting adults entering into a union we've known for centuries as marriage? Why is it they bring up animals as the next step? As if a gay person is one step away from being an animal. Again, that same argument was used back in the interracial marriage controversy as well - which nobody will even comment on by the way.
It's the same old tired stuff. People have been using the Bible to defend everything in the world forever - both good and bad. It's meaningless.

When women were given the right to vote, some people huffed, "Oh, what's next? Are we going to let babies vote?"

Their tactics don't change at all.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,545,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
You are pretending that those values were accepted everywhere in this country and they were not. White men bled to free slaves but you want to pretend that it was a societal norm to be prejudiced against blacks.

Talk about fitting an agenda, you want to ignore half of history and only present that which makes it seem like everyone was anti-black and anti-woman.
Blacks used different restrooms than whites for a LONG time. How were those values not accepted when it took decades to change them? Are you honestly saying those traditions did NOT exist and were not accepted for quite a while until they were outlawed? You seem to imply that racism was not a major issue in our nation's history? Maybe the facts were exaggerated?

You're saying I'm pretending? Equal rights has to apply in a nation where we preach equality.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
HELLO OMAHABOUND I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU!!!

What was the norm of the day re: founding fathers and slavery. Are you to presume they would have endorsed the idea of an African American President?........
Yep, many did but keep ignoring what I say and insist that only your questions be answered.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Well I would have liked the APA to not have cowered to gay activists in the 70s removing homosexuality from the DSM as a mental disorder based on a political vote rather than science. I would like for the APA to promot escience rather than saying not only will they not listen to any science that may point to homosexuality being other than something normal but to go around promoting homosexuality in society.
You really think that the APA and every other medical organization in the country changed their stance on homosexuality because "gay activists" in the 1970s pressured them? And that those organizations just haven't had the will to challenge gay activists for all of these years?

Wow. You must think that gays have an awful lot of power.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,539 times
Default How many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No laws have been broken. I'm sorry you don't like the American system of government, but that's the way it is.
How many states have legalized gay marriage??? Yeah, that's what I thought...it's been rejected by legal means all over the country and rightfully so. Prop 8 in California was voted on recently and gay marriage was rejected by the voters. Sure there will be legal challenges but most people believe marriage is meant to be bond between a man and woman. The good thing is that they have plenty of support to keep the fight going.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:
Yep, many did but keep ignoring what I say and insist that only your questions be answered.
Is it that or you just can't answer the questions..

Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
How many states have legalized gay marriage??? Yeah, that's what I thought...it's been rejected by legal means all over the country and rightfully so. Prop 8 in California was voted on recently and gay marriage was rejected by the voters. Sure there will be legal challenges but most people believe marriage is meant to be bond between a man and woman. The good thing is that they have plenty of support to keep the fight going.
Many people also believe that a couple should get married in church, yet here we've got thousands of couples getting married in city hall or having a non denominational ceremony. Where's the uproar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies