Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you belong to any minority group that has faced widespread discrimination?
Yes 90 89.11%
No 11 10.89%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:20 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Sure are a bunch of whiny white people on this board.
We're getting a little fed up with "more equal".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Interesting to see all the straight white guys who say they've been discriminated against. When I specifically asked about this in another thread, almost none of you could come up with any examples.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-you-face.html

I could cite cases in my own life. Unfortunately it would make it to easy to identify me as a specific individual.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Don't hold your breath. The most you'll get is Affirmative Action. Just like clockwork.
That should be enough.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Then you'll probably get the obligatory screed about BET vs WET, NAACP vs NAAWP, etc etc etc. At which point all you can do is pity the poor fella for trying so pathetically to score some "victim" points.

How are those not all valid points? BET, NAACP, etc.

Does everything in this world just *have* to be africanized? Why?

Old 04-25-2009, 04:33 PM

18 posts, read 10,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Does everything in this world just *have* to be africanized? Why?
It doesn't. But White countries give 'minorities' special rights. Even though Whites are a minority in the world which comprises <15% of the world population.

And things don't have to be 'africanized' the problem is... Africa is missing from the world stage because it is such a disaster (then again, so are majority-Black cities in the U.S) that Black minorities in White countries clamber for more representation that is absent on the world stage due to the fact most of Africa still lives in the stone age.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Wouldn't the better poll question have been "who isn't part of some "victim" class? That seems to be the popular thing to blame for everyones failures. This is really a shame since there are some who truely face discrimination but get lost and diminished by all the other so-called "victims" out there.
I think the reality is, many are just tired of hearing about discrimination. So the go on to say... "Oh yeah, well look here, I've been discriminated against too... so *you* don't deserve any special treatment either."

I.e. I think a good number of folks are tired of "black this, that, and the other", "gay this, that, and the other" etc, and attempts to shoe horn it into their lives at the point of law.

Many plain ol' working straight, non-sub-saharan-african folks are just fine and dandy with living and working among the same and spent the better part of their lives trying to earn enough to get to better places to live, better schools for their kids, etc. and don't really need to have that effort wiped out and overturned by policy.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Actually, you forgot one....white, male over 40! Now that is the most discriminated group.
Most definitely in some fields. Info Tech comes to mind for some reason.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:40 PM

18 posts, read 10,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Most definitely in some fields. Info Tech comes to mind for some reason.
I have wondered this as well... it seems there is a large portion of Blacks in IT, often with no skill set or training...?

It's like major corporations throw them in divisions that end up being majority Black and a few token positions.

From what I've been told from people who are higher-up on the chain at corporations... misconduct is often tolerated from Black men because it is so frequent and they have to constantly deal with charges of 'racism' so they are put in positions and just left there and it ends up being the cost of doing business.

I would like to hear if others have heard this as well.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceHasStarted View Post
I don't understand why Whites voluntarily discriminate against themselves. We've been brainwashed.

In both Europe, America, former White countries are allowing Whites to become minorities in their own homelands at the expense of people whom come from countries which literally never advanced past the stone age and commit disproportional amounts of violence and social problems.

Furthermore these people reproduce both in their homeland and the land they emigrated to at far more than the average White country. Whites then enact law to discriminate against themselves and go as far to seemingly excuse & promote the crime, violence, welfare programs, etc that comes with these third world peoples.

It gets to the point where you need to ask: What exactly is the benefit and who are the people who are pushing this on us?
Yes, I wonder about this too.

Whites pretty much built the U.S. that everyone wanted to immigrate too. (Yes with forced slave labor and by over running the Native Americans with guns.) And yet are so willing to let it slip away into decline and decay.

Guess the current generations are far enough removed from the original struggle to build it that they don't have the same commitment to maintaining it.

I see a similar phenomenon in the black community. The blacks I know who are old enough to remember civil rights would *never* act "gangsta". That's a younger generation thing.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
As other posters have said, I am a woman. I am an older woman too. I can remember working and having my boss tell people his "GIRL" would make coffee for them. I was 30 years old (in 1978) and a married woman at the time.

I told him he could make the coffee since his GIRL was too busy doing HIS corporate budgets for HIM.
My mother once ran into this use of the term "girl" while working as a maid, during the 70's for a prominent family in the chemical biz. (She was doing what she had to, to keep her kids fed at the time.) Suffice to say she quit as soon as possible afterwards.

However, there is a difficult double standard here. Women, in general, want to be thought of as young. If I call a gal, "woman" or anything that might imply age, I get slammed. On the other hand, some of you react badly to the word "girl" as well.

Geez, it's as difficult as trying to figure out what the correct word for "blacks" is these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies