Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 AM

893 posts, read 792,359 times

Advertisements

"The Foundation" title translated to Arabic means "Al Qaeda". Covering up Jesus and titling your speech after a terrorist group makes you wonder what really is the agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 AM

605 posts, read 1,843,646 times
And why did he cover up the cross anyways. Speak in a different room if you don't want it. I find that disrespectful and shameful that the people at Georgetown let it happen. A priest isn't going to demand a crucifix at the white house, or at a mosque.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:27 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
^ really? well Al Quaeda literally means "the base". You right wing whackos are really losing it. Obama never covered up the word Jesus but the internet blather feeds your feeble minds.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ really? well Al Quaeda literally means "the base". You right wing whackos are really losing it. Obama never covered up the word Jesus but the internet blather feeds your feeble minds.
For the feeble minds.....base and foundation are synonyms.
2. (noun) foundation
Synonyms: foot, instauration, introduction, foundation garment, substructure, base, creation, basis, groundwork, understructure, institution, founding, initiation, fundament, origination, innovation, grounding, cornerstone

And yes, Al Qaeda can mean foundation OR base.
"Qaa`idah" (قاعدة) means "base," "basis," "foundation," "fundament," etc. with pretty much all the connotations those words have in English. It comes from the root referring to sitting down or descent (the same root as a common word for "chair"). It can refer to a literal foundation, to something fundamental in a more abstract sense (e.g., "qaa`idat al-lughah," "the basis of the language," refers to Classical Arabic grammar), or even to a naval base ("qaa`idah bahriyyah").

Please brush up on your info next time before you talk about feeble minds.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 AM

actually I do know they are both synonyms but the feeble mind assertion goes to the intent of what the OP is trying to say. She is trying to say that Obama's speech entitled "The Foundation" has ties to terrorism. Now if Obama was a white male nobody would be questiong his use of the word "Foundation".

Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 AM

I hardly feel I have a feeble mind just because I'm stating facts.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Ridiculous. If the people at Georgetown (i.e., the people who chose to cover the IHS monogram) had left it there (as they did the more than two dozen other representations of it in the hall), the IHS would have appeared from some camera angles to be floating over Obama's head. I don't imagine the right-wing would have gone uber-ballistic in pushing their made-up Messiah meme over that or anything.

This is only another example of how blind and abject partisans will criticize every action from some point of view or other no matter what action is taken. These people are truly crude...

Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
actually I do know they are both synonyms but the feeble mind assertion goes to the intent of what the OP is trying to say. She is trying to say that Obama's speech entitled "The Foundation" has ties to terrorism. Now if Obama was a white male nobody would be questiong his use of the word "Foundation".
Oh gee, you played the tired and worn out race card. When will you learn?

No, lets get it correct here.....his use of the word "Foundation" being questioned comes from many things.......
- His bowing to the King of Saudi
- His upbringing in a Muslim school
- His questionable church in Chicago where the pastor screamed "Gawwwd Dammmmn Americaaaaaaa".
- His chuminess with Chavez
- The fact he has yet to find a true Christian church in DC, yet during his campaign he talked about how central and important religion was to his life.
- His family in Africa who are Muslim.

On and on and on....................

Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
I hardly feel I have a feeble mind just because I'm stating facts.
Well the first sentence was fact but the remainder was just personal opinion. It obvious by your statement you didn't vote for Obama or support him and probably think he is some secret Muslim terrorist. The tin foil hats never cease to amaze me.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Well the first sentence was fact but the remainder was just personal opinion. It obvious by your statement you didn't vote for Obama or support him and probably think he is some secret Muslim terrorist. The tin foil hats never cease to amaze me.
Okay lets say the first sentance was all I wrote. I really wouldn't have to say anymore anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies