Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM

238 posts, read 305,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What problem am I supposed to see? All you did was post a few statistics. What am I supposed to infer from them?

No anger? Ha!
ha...ha...ha! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,129,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
ha...ha...ha! lol
Ok, then..............

I guess you're not interested in actually making a point. You just wanted to post a few percentages and get people to ask you what the hell you were upset about, which you clearly are.

Forget I asked. You're obviously pretty irrational when it comes to discussing this subject, whatever it is.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,574,054 times
Quote:
Don't hate me because I have a job and don't live in my mother's basement.
Are you absolutely sure about that?

Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Are you absolutely sure about that?
Projection.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Ok, then..............

I guess you're not interested in actually making a point. You just wanted to post a few percentages and get people to ask you what the hell you were upset about, which you clearly are.

Forget I asked. You're obviously pretty irrational when it comes to discussing this subject, whatever it is.
Well you are no better. When you are ready for an adult conversation, read my first 3 posts.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Well you are no better. When you are ready for an adult conversation, read my first 3 posts.

Are you going to actually make a point? Do you have an accusation to level or a statement to make?

I'm trying very hard to have an adult conversation here, but adults, when they have a point to make, make it, and then bring out the numbers. You've done this in reverse, except you stopped before you actually made your point!

You know what? Never mind. The simple fact that not a single person has engaged you on your point, whatever it is, should be a pretty strong indicator that you haven't actually made one. But hey, it's your thread. If you don't people to acknowledge whatever it is that you have a problem with, just keep on not making your point and everything will work out peachy.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:52 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,670,791 times
before this gets out of control...

stats are good, but behind stats are the collection methods ( i say this because studies of CHP and other CA depts indicate that racial profiling exists and colored folk were more likely to be stopped, but less likely to be found engaging in criminal behaviour than whites).

thats all i will say as of now.

but what is your point op?

what answers are you looking for?

why high levels of crime exist?

why are they disproportionate levels when lookin at race/ethnicity?

what do you want us to discuss?

Quote:
Race/Ethnic Group of Arrestee
In 2007, of the 1,515,864 arrests for felony and misdemeanor offenses:
Arrests of whites accounted for 36.0 percent (546,148).
Arrests of Hispanics accounted for 40.8 percent (618,598).
]Arrests of blacks accounted for 17.2 percent (259,985).
Arrests of persons of other race/ethnic groups accounted for 6.0 percent (91,133).

Population California 2007

HISPANIC 35.8% OTHER 14.8% WHITE 43.4%
BLACK 6.0%

Yes I am bringing up race...what is the excuse here? These numbers are bull****.

http://www.ag.ca.gov/cjsc/publicatio...07/preface.pdf

Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Are you going to actually make a point? Do you have an accusation to level or a statement to make?

I'm trying very hard to have an adult conversation here, but adults, when they have a point to make, make it, and then bring out the numbers. You've done this in reverse, except you stopped before you actually made your point!

You know what? Never mind. The simple fact that not a single person has engaged you on your point, whatever it is, should be a pretty strong indicator that you haven't actually made one. But hey, it's your thread. If you don't people to acknowledge whatever it is that you have a problem with, just keep on not making your point and everything will work out peachy.
My point is this...why are minorities more likely to be felons than the majority. Read the stats.

Something needs to be dont to reverse this trend.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:59 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,627 times
Quote:
why are minorities more likely to be felons than the majority. Read the stats.

Something needs to be dont to reverse this trend.
Agreed.
Minorities need to quit commiting the majority of crimes.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Agreed.
Minorities need to quit commiting the majority of crimes.
Why, why, why?

What causes a person to be more likely to kill another? Culture? Morals? Or even commit other felonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies