Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:36 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,867,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

To counteract the countless insipid, pointless threads started by right wingnuts?
I think if someone did a count we may see it's the opposite. Personally it seems to me that the left wing loonies live to b-itch about self-righteousness on blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
Quote:
Not really, the natives were in tune with the environment.
And conservation has ten letters in common with which ideology?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
And conservation has ten letters in common with which ideology?
And Pub has three letters in common with which party?

And lice has three letters in common with which party?

Does that make them all nitpicking drunks?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
I think if someone did a count we may see it's the opposite. Personally it seems to me that the left wing loonies live to b-itch about self-righteousness on blogs

YOU count and get back to us on that, I waste enough time on the internet already

Personally, it seems to me it's not the left that self-righteously believes they can make personal/medical decisions and regulate genetically determined orientation for others.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
Quote:
And Pub has three letters in common with which party?

And lice has three letters in common with which party?

Does that make them all nitpicking drunks?
Oh c'mon, you can do better than that...
Can't you?!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I know the question seems funny,
as much as rightwingers go around saying "We love the USA"
a lot of them hate at least 50% of the people in the USA including our President, Vice-President and most of our congress. (i.e. Bill O'Reilly asking Alqaida to attack San Francisco)

Why don't rightwingers grab their crap and move to Canada?
You haven't even begun to make a case for your trollish thread title.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I am seeing that the left (generally speaking) is no more tolerant or open minded than the right wingers you are pointing out

What a load of horse sht. ....

This is the problem with you middle-of -the-roaders....Your ideology ( yes triangulating the middle ground is a ideology) requires you to look at both sides as just two sides of the same coin. No one side can be all right.....so simply take the two postions and divide down the middle...that's makes you sooo wise!

There is nothing more tolerant about right wingers. That's just poppy ****. Liberals are are not telling any adult what they can do in the bedroom, who they can love, who they can marry, what they can read at the Library. They are not promoting illegal wiretapping in the name of the "War On Terror". They are not rooting for "suspected" terrorists to rot in jail without trail. They are not gleefully supporting torture. They are not warmongoring with the lastest "enemy" Iran.

A radical moderate, now that's fresh~! Yes, I do often agree and disagree with various positions from liberals and conservatives, depending upon the issue. How dare I not tote some party line and carry water, that is like blaspheme.

I have a general set of beliefs and a mild disdain for both establishment political parties because neither are principled any longer. A quick scan through the first couple of pages of posts and I can point instances from either side this incessant need to justify their party's position while condemning the opposition, even if that position is contrary to the long established political philosophy of a given party. In other words, many party line toters have no principles and are to me, opportunist looking for another self serving way to spin their deviance from the philosophy.

Yes, how wrong of me to have to weigh each issue and decide how closely it coincides with my beliefs instead of just doing what Limbaugh or Gore suggest I should do. How dare I think for myself and come to my own conclusions and risk alienating myself from both parties and ending up in a desert with almost no supporters cheering me on, as it a large purpose of political parties.

If you don't think I can take every single thing you posted in your second paragraph and give examples from both the political establishment as well as from this forum of intolerance, hypocrisy, and over all bovine excrement, then you are either naive or kidding yourself.

Anymore I look at contemporary politics between left and right and I see two groups fighting over who was worse, Hitler or Pol Pot, never stopping to think they were both blood thirsty psychopathic animals. To side with one because it killed 1 less person than the other guy hardly makes it right.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:26 AM

393 posts, read 1,188,236 times
Quote:
I know the question seems funny,
as much as rightwingers go around saying "We love the USA"
a lot of them hate at least 50% of the people in the USA including our President, Vice-President and most of our congress. (i.e. Bill O'Reilly asking Alqaida to attack San Francisco)
I think you have right-wingers and left-wingers confused...

Where have you been for the last 8 years? Have you forgotten about the respect the left gave GW?
I guess payback is a ***** huh? Suck it...

Quote:
Why don't rightwingers grab their crap and move to Canada?
Then you would pay for all the welfare in this country?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
So you produce something for the public outside of an office?

The red (Republican, the right) is mostly the heartland where people work for a living off the land, the blue (Democrats, the left) is where the population base is at and live in cities. Cities use resources that are created where the cities aren't, those folks are mostly the "Liberal Left" and assume that the store is where everything comes from with very little concept of how it got there.

So it the OP had everyone on the "Right" go to Canada, they would pretty much take almost all of the work eithic with them.
Even in the so-called "farm states", very few people are actually engaged in agriculture. There have been some threads about this, mostly on "General US". Do a search.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
resources =/= agriculture.

i don't see where starlite9 even used the terms "farm states" or "agriculture."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies