Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,356,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nope. Try again.

Do you really need me to dig up a Democratic article to use as some far-out rationale that is somehow representative of an entire political class just because a person mis-spoke? If you really want me to, i'm pretty damn sure I can find a dumb-ass democrat out there somewhere.

Get over yourself. This post was pure crap from the outset.
Mark Pryor (not the burned-out pitcher, the Democratic Arkansas Senator) who said on film "you don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate".

We all know how much the wacked-out CD nutjobs love to jump on Obama for the 57 states thing.

And Biden has said hundreds of ridiculous things, including one thing that was said to be racist against Obama.

But Michele Bachmann will never lose her title, even with that homophobe in NC. Sorry, but Bachmann is the biggest moron to ever set foot in the halls of Congress. She's like the amalgamation of Joe McCarthy, Rick Santorum and Nancy Pelosi (but as her "Republican" version) with a little Gomer Pyle thrown in.

She also actually claimed that Carbon Dioxide
is not a harmful gas...yeah. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 12:08 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,332,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
No, not for her House seat, but for title as the most ignorant, lyingest member of the Republican caucus. Even thought Michelle thought she had the title for life she's been outdoing herself lately; claiming Carter took office over a year before he actually did ("last swine flu epidemic under a Democrat-1976), totally getting the thrust, and lifeline of the "Smoot-Hawley" tariff law wrong, including calling it the "Hoot-Smalley" act.

But now comes an absulutely evil, ignorant and (most likely bigger) liar. Ladies and gentlemen I give you (and please take her-NOW) Virginia Foxx R NC-5th. This piece of human garbage gets up on her hind legs and denounces the Matthew Shepard Hate Crime Bill because "while he was gay he wasn't murdered because of that, he was committing a robbery". This is the kind of total BS that the Rs have to resort to.

As a topper she spouted this LIE while Shepard's mother was sitting in the gallery.

I can't wait to see what Bachmann will come out with today to get back on top.

Keep going Rs, many of us are happy to see you come out of the closet with your hate.

golfgod
That's what Republicans always do. They lie and attempt to pretend their lies are facts. People are entitled to their own opinions but they are not entitled to simply make up facts when reality doesn't conform to their personal bias.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,829,285 times
Fox did more than misspeak . This woman must not read. Has she offered a retraction yet? Bachman or Elizabeth H.,from the view, will top her.
Really it made me so sad when Ms. Fox spoke.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,356,349 times
The AP

The Associated Press: NC Rep. Foxx calls hate crime murder case a 'hoax'

MSNBC Chris Matthews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxbQmlOT1I&NR=1

Fox News:

Guess what..........

Last edited by plannine; 04-30-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,356,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Fox did more than misspeak . This woman must not read. Has she offered a retraction yet? Bachman or Elizabeth H.,from the view, will top her.
Really it made me so sad when Ms. Fox spoke.

She said it was a poor choice of words........saying hoax
News 14 | 24 Hour Local News | POLITICS | Lawmaker: 'hoax' claim a 'poor choice of words'

Old 04-30-2009, 01:03 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,927,479 times
this poor kid was taken out in the middle of nowhere.. tied up on those snow drift things they have on the side of wyoming highways.. and pistol whipped among other things... and left to die... BECAUSE he was gay.. not to mention the fact that the poor kid was rather small and feminine in nature.. and a few years before he was raped while on a trip to morocco by some local lowlife...
and then this fat cow of a representative wants to sit here and say that with his own mother in the audience.. what a cow... If I was his mother I would have ran down those steps and pulled her hair out of her fat head and shoved it in your stupid mouth

Old 04-30-2009, 01:40 PM

358 posts, read 473,078 times
Look guys, I am a liberal Democrat and I just love the characters the Republicans come up with like Bachman. The more they spew the more ammo we have to work with to help the public see what a screwed up bunch of fools they are, even if they are no,t overall we can spin it that way.

Be thankful for Bachman, Fox, Rush, Hannity, Beck and so forth, these are the fools, along with the Bush crew that have insured our sucess as Democrats for years to come. Hell, we should have the DNC donating to their campaigns and we should be running extremely weak canidates against them. We really need these fools, especially if we have super majority in the House.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,927,479 times
yeah, but this is a new low.. this is unexcusable.... and so outrageous and ridiculous..
this woman should resign.. she is a disgrace....a person willing to go up in full confidence in front of everyone using the matthew shepherd crime as a reason to do away with hate crimes????? It is completely apparent where this woman's interests lie.. Its so bold, so insulting.. and absolutely disgusting... as far as I'm concerned she might as well be hanging out with the westboro baptist church folks in trampling on this poor kid's grave and calling him a F*g..
She's lucky I don't live in North Carolina... ya'll would see me on the news too... lol...

Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,861,693 times
AeroguyDC wrote;
Quote:
I'll say it again. Do I REALLY need to dig up an article where a DEMOCRAT mis-spoke to point out how preposterous it is to paint an entire political class
Seriously, try to pick up some reading comprehension skills. I didn't try to paint an "entire political class", just these two numbskulls. I do however find it interesting that no Rs have jumped in to denounce them.

golfgod

Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,270,132 times
She tries to portray a grandmotherly image, but the woman is heartless. Foxx also voted against federal help for Hurricane Katrina victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies