Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON, April 12 (UPI) -- The Obamas' watch dog may not be very big but the media dog watch has been huge, with the latest news being the U.S. first family's best friend is named Bo.

The world's media have been drooling over the prospects of getting a scoop on the presidential pooch, if not actually scooping up after him.

Obama dog's name is Bo - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 09:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Is this the dog they did NOT get from the Humane Society???? Hey, as long as they didn't get it from a pet store, i guess I can live w/that.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
It looks like they had trouble finding the exact breed at the humane society (they can't take risk since one of the daughters is allergic to a variety of breeds). "Bo" was a gift to them by Ted Kennedy but the Obama's have promised to make up for it by making a personal donation to the humane society. I would have done the same.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It looks like they had trouble finding the exact breed at the humane society (they can't take risk since one of the daughters is allergic to a variety of breeds). "Bo" was a gift to them by Ted Kennedy but the Obama's have promised to make up for it by making a personal donation to the humane society. I would have done the same.
That's cool, any donation is welcome. Blankets. food, toys, scratchers, etc.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,859,023 times
The economy is in the toilet and we are wondering about a dog. I wonder if their dog is going to help develop new technologies and fuels for the future. Perhaps he is going to discover a cure for AIDS! I bet his waging tail is going to bring about world peace and rescue us from economic disaster. Sounds like we have a lot to be thankful for! My bet is he is just going to crap all over the white house. He will help add to its new sense of smell.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,715,454 times
What has this website become; People Magazine? It's posts like these that make me wish we had a puking emoticon.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Breaking News:

President Obama named his latest fart the Silver Bullet II, second only to the Taco Bell Fart that cleared out the Oval Office on Friday.

Developing Story. More at 11.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,722 times
Quote:
It looks like they had trouble finding the exact breed at the humane society

You mean like the the Portuguese Water dog available for adoption in Washington DC?

Link

Old 04-12-2009, 10:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You mean like the the Portuguese Water dog available for adoption in Washington DC?

Link
Yes, I meant a pure bred PWD not being available. The link you provided clearly mentions a mixed breed.

I'm pretty sure you don't have any experience with it, but there's usually a degree of uncertainty involved with pets at humane society. Twelve years ago, I adopted a puppy from SPCA, and was told it was a dachsund mix. It ended up being a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:13 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,722 times
Quote:
Yes, I meant a pure bred PWD not being available. The link you provided clearly mentions a mixed breed.

I'm pretty sure you don't have any experience with it, but there's usually a degree of uncertainty involved with pets at humane society. Twelve years ago, I adopted a puppy from SPCA, and was told it was a dachsund mix. It ended up being a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix.

Oh my gosh how did you live?????? I have adopted 5 animals from our local shelter, all of which turned out to be GREAT animals. Sorry if I'm not so stuck up I care if my dog is pure anything so long as, I helped it LIVE and it's a nice animal.

I once read some where that stated, for every pure bread dog bought one shelter dog dies. Atleast I can say I don't have that on my conscience as I have had 3 shelter dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies