Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Agreed! We are talking about the opinion of a 21 year old with fake boobs sponsored by a pageantry. Talk about fake all around.
What is it about breast augmentation that bothers you so much anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Why we are still having Miss America, Miss USA, bla, bla, bla, in the 21st Century is beyond me. Fake, fake, fake, all around. If we didn't have these, maybe we also wouldn't have 4 year old girls competing in beauty pageants looking like 21 year olds.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
What is it about breast augmentation that bothers you so much anyway?
Nothing. if she shuts up about gay marriage, i'll shut up about her fake boobs. If she has the right to plump them up, i should bloody well have the right to marry someone I love. I just don't like double standards.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:08 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
As far as 17 and 18 year old and sex, the majority of times a judge will look at ALL the facts in the case. If two HS students have been dating and the 17 year old consented, they will not prosecute. How about if she was weeks short of her 18th birthday? Sorry, law is law. No, I don't think so. Not with this, unless there is some "hiddent agenda" by the parents.

Besides, for all you guys. What if the 18 year old was the GIRL and the 17 year old was the BOY? Would you be so quick to say, HE didn't consent because he was under age? I am not talking about adult teachers here, but two HIGH SCHOOL kids.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Nothing. if she shuts up about gay marriage, i'll shut up about her fake boobs.
Excuse me but, why should she "shut up" about ANYTHING.

In this country, we have the RIGHT, protected by LAW, to speak out on topics.

You want - you suggest - that that CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT be somehow curtailed? Taken away? Simply because YOU don't like the fact she may, yes MAY (no one knows for sure) have had breast augmentation?

Wow! You sure are a tolerant person

Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:

You want - you suggest - that that CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT be somehow curtailed? Taken away? Simply because YOU don't like the fact she may, yes MAY (no one knows for sure) have had breast augmentation?

I can tell you a womans breasts don't grow that quickly, they showed pictures of her before and after and no way was that just weight gain.

I don't have a problem with breast enlargements personally, if you feel you need it whatever. My problem is her refusal to talk about it, like she wants to pretend she didn't have one. If your going to call someone out on gay marriage then you shouldn't be trying to hide in the closet about your breast enlargement AND subsequent nude pictures that are in breach of her contract with the pageant people. She knew all of those lies were in her life when she stood there and went on about gay marriage.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If your going to call someone out on gay marriage then you shouldn't be trying to hide in the closet about your breast enlargement AND subsequent nude pictures that are in breach of her contract with the pageant people.
What does her opinion about same-sex marriage have to do with hiding her breast implants and semi-nude pictures?

Old 05-09-2009, 02:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What does her opinion about same-sex marriage have to do with hiding her breast implants and semi-nude pictures?
Only in that she finds no problem, judging others when it comes to gay marriage but when it comes to someone even asking about (I don't think the media is judging her about breast augmentation, I think they just wanted to know) she won't talk about it. The semi nude pictures are something she not only lied about but signed a contract saying she would never and had never done these things. The two just don't jive.

She has problems (I don't consider her need to have a breast augmentation a problem, but her NOT wanting to talk about it and pretend it didn't happen is)in her own life she should be concentrating on and leaving people who are gay alone.

Frankly I am bored of the topic, I saw it on the news and started a seperate thread about it. I am sure the pageant officials will end her "reign" as Miss California and hopefully it will be over. Its not like she is unique, alot of people use their religion (not just christians) to be bigots.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Nothing. if she shuts up about gay marriage, i'll shut up about her fake boobs. If she has the right to plump them up, i should bloody well have the right to marry someone I love. I just don't like double standards.
She didn't even mention that until she was asked about it.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:

I'm saying it in jest. Of course I agree that someone should have the right to speak irrationally and illogically. However, it can and will be used against them. In all honesty, i don't care about her boobs, so why should she care about what i do with my anatomy. Tolerance is a two way street.

As for rights - you DON'T have the RIGHT on a PLANE to say i'm going to blow this tube up without legal consequences countermanding that right just because I felt like saying it - so this right to free speach is not a Fait accompli

Last edited by mississauga75; 05-09-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies