Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 07:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am a bit curious. If I were in a meeting where they were discussing enhanced interrogation methods I would have ask specifically what are these enhanced re they torture? Am I the only one who would ask such questions? I myself find it hard to believe that no one did, and in fact if they didn't I question their ability to lead.
No they were asked she just did not think the Dems would ever be called into question on this they were only thinking throw Bush and associates into jail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 07:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
The excuse they lied worked before, seems to be working again.
I wonder though. If the CIA did in fact lie to congress why wouldn't they lie to Bush???

Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The excuse they lied worked before, seems to be working again.
I wonder though. If the CIA did in fact lie to congress why wouldn't they lie to Bush???

Because it was Cheney and Rumsfeld who told Bush to lie and ordered the others in the CIA to lie about WMD.

Eventually George Tenet caved and delivered a "slam dunk" for the neocons.

The CIA is not known for its ethics

Old 05-14-2009, 08:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Dems? What dems?

The Hill’s Blog Briefing Room » Lieberman ‘totally disagrees’ with Pelosi

It is crystal clear - she was caught in a huge lie and is now trying to play on the meme of being "misled".

Old 05-14-2009, 08:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Sorry, not just Pelosi and the Democrats:
Graham is a democrat.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Ouch! Thought you meant Lindsey Graham! The dates that the CIA claimed to
have met with Bob Graham didn't match his appointment book entries. Pelosi
says release the transcripts of the meetings; as Speaker, she can go to the house and set up an investigative group. The former CIA agent Jack Rice said
that, without question, the enhanced interrogation techniques were authorized in order to elicit false information and provide justification for the invasion of Iraq. It's his opinion that Cheney is setting himself up for prosecution. And that is coming from a former CIA operative.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:27 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
I think all of this could lead to the CIA not taking threats to Congressional leaders as "valid" or "serious", since the integrity of the individuals involved is being questioned.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
So first she was never told. Then it came out that she was. Now she says "ok, but they lied to me" ?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Nancy Pelosi knew about the waterboarding and has been caught lying and changing her story around 4-5 times yet no one is talking about it.

The women clearly knew what was going on and allowed it to happen.

She wanted badly to see certain people get nailed on this and when it came out that she was in on the briefings now it has all of a sudden stopped dead in its tracks.

She needs to be removed from her job for lying and deceiving the American people once again.

This time she is caught red handed with her face in the till.

Thanks Nancy for lying to us all. You knew all along and did not say a word.

Even if Pelosi did know, briefings given to this special Congressional committee were classified and participants take a security oath. The disclosure of any classified information (even the existence of classified information) is a FEDERAL CRIME with serious cosequences including Federal prison time. For a federal office holder the offense of breaking a security oath is a high crime or misdemeanor that can be basis of an article of impeachment. So contrast Pelosi's behavior in regards to disclosing classified information (She hasn't and didn't do it in 2003).with Dick Cheney who has deliberately disclosed classified informatiom and has acknowledged the exisitence of classified material in violation of Federal law pertaining to information security. Cheney in my opinion is commiting a Federal Crime and is commiting one right now.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Hot dang. the two most dishonest people in our government nestling and smiling. Look at Steny. He is having trouble putting up with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies