Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:11 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,057,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You know what I would like to see- President Obama invite this heroric young man to the Whitehouse. After all he saved lives and should be recognized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You know what I would like to see- President Obama invite this heroric young man to the Whitehouse. After all he saved lives and should be recognized.
He can't do that, from what I read the guy used one of them evil assault weapons O wants to ban. Can't show lives being saved with one...

Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
when we realize that rapists robbers and murderers should be shot and on the spot and cease to lament when it happens. when we stop acting surprised that the ones that shot em are not in jail or sued, then it will get better.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:49 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,979,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He can't do that, from what I read the guy used one of them evil assault weapons O wants to ban. Can't show lives being saved with one...
Oh, please tell me he used an AK

Even an AR or converted Saiga would make my day

Old 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,249,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Where are all the anti-gun folks?

Oh, that's right. They don't participate in gun threads unless they're about 7 year old kids involved in accidents or LASER-etching serial numbers on bullets. Kinda says a lot about them...
You guys are so insane... always in search of an enemy... everybody is glad that this jerk got what was coming to him and that the students are safe. I think what folks want to prevent is criminals like those two who got their hands on guns and were able to stick up the apartment... the two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:59 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
I think what folks want to prevent is criminals like those two who got their hands on guns and were able to stick up the apartment... the two concepts are not mutually exclusive.
And what other folks want to prevent is being stuck with no defense when someone comes in with a gun. Do you really think a gun ban would result in all criminals voluntarily turning in their weapons? And even if they did, have you ever heard of knives? They are equally as deadly and if the impossible did occur and all guns were completely eliminated, you would simply see the number of stabbings and robberies at knife point completely skyrocket.

What I want to prevent is the government deciding if I am allowed to defend myself fairly or not.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:04 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,249,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
And what other folks want to prevent is being stuck with no defense when someone comes in with a gun. Do you really think a gun ban would result in all criminals voluntarily turning in their weapons? And even if they did, have you ever heard of knives? They are equally as deadly and if the impossible did occur and all guns were completely eliminated, you would simply see the number of stabbings and robberies at knife point completely skyrocket.

What I want to prevent is the government deciding if I am allowed to defend myself fairly or not.
Did you read what I wrote? I'm glad the guy had the gun! Nobody is talking about banning guns... in fact, the SC just ruled that the government CANNOT take away the individual right to own guns... that does not mean that we can't make it harder for pieces of scum who want to rob and rape people from getting their hands on guns. You just can't say, Whew! I'm glad the good guy had the gun without wondering what the hell were the bad guys doing with guns. That thinking doesn't make sense to me...

And, oh yeah, two guys would have been able to stick up a room of 10 people with a knife. Ok.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,195 times
Quote:
Did you read what I wrote? I'm glad the guy had the gun! Nobody is talking about banning guns... in fact, the SC just ruled that the government CANNOT take away the individual right to own guns... that does not mean that we can't make it harder for pieces of scum who want to rob and rape people from getting their hands on guns. You just can't say, Whew! I'm glad the good guy had the gun without wondering what the hell were the bad guys doing with guns. That thinking doesn't make sense to me...

And, oh yeah, two guys would have been able to stick up a room of 10 people with a knife. Ok.
2-3 guys took over planes with 100+ people aboard with box cutters, I wouldn't underestimate the deadliness and fear knives bring.

As for nobody talking about banning guns, it is talked about VERY frequently on this forum. My apologies that I jumped to the conclusion that you were referring to banning guns, I just see that kind of thinking very often on here and thought thats what you meant.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,422,554 times
Quote:

Nobody is talking about banning guns? You should get out more.
The SC ruled, DC violated that ruling immediately & nothing is being done.
The bad guys will always get guns.

How about this, had the attack happened on campus that student would probably have been unarmed, because of rules & laws meant to make him safer. Except that he wouldn't have been safer would he? Matter of fact he might be dead.

Wake up, gun control costs countless lives & saves none.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:38 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,937 times
See below articles THIS WEEK(just a few). This is why gun control proponents don't need to respond. Of course we're happy the possession of a gun worked in this instance but far more often than not they kill innocent people. I don't need to cherrypick one article hear and there as the OP does. I just open up the paper, any paper daily and WHAM!!!

Authorities: Body of UGA professor identified - CNN.com

Suspect in Wesleyan slaying arrested - CNN.com

Minority youngsters dying weekly on Chicago's streets - CNN.com

New York City Man Killed After Graduating From College - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Florida Man Kills Ex-Girlfriend, Then Himself - Crime | Murder | Illegal Drugs | Missing Kids | Illegal Aliens - FOXNews.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30650051/
HOUSTON - A 7-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the head by a couple who thought he and three other people were trespassing on their property died Saturday, authorities said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies