Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Would Feel Safe with Biden and Pelosi In Charge?
Sure, why not? They can't do worse than Obama. 6 24.00%
Will we get group discounts on Botox and Hair Plugs if we agree? 7 28.00%
I think they are would be great leaders. They will make it up as they go along. 2 8.00%
No way! I pray for Obama's safety every night. 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times

Advertisements

How many of you would feel secure having Biden and Pelosi running the country? I remember during the campaign everyone saying " Palin is a heartbeat away from being president". Now look what we have!

Well, after seening Biden and Pelosi in action, who can say they feel secure with those two? Don't think about it too long or you might be forced into therapy. It is a very scary thought.

I think we all better pray for Obama. His Mom died of Cancer when she was 50, both of his fathers were dead before 50, then his Grandma died of cancer. He's a smoker....He doesn't have longevity on his side.

We could end up with Mr Hair Plugs and the Angry Clown running this ship! YIKES!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM

93 posts, read 140,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
How many of you would feel secure having Biden and Pelosi running the country? I remember during the campaign everyone saying " Palin is a heartbeat away from being president". Now look what we have!

Well, after seening Biden and Pelosi in action, who can say they feel secure with those two? Don't think about it too long or you might be forced into therapy. It is a very scary thought.

I think we all better pray for Obama. His Mom died of Cancer when she was 50, both of his fathers were dead before 50, then his Grandma died of cancer. He's a smoker....He doesn't have longevity on his side.

We could end up with Mr Hair Plugs and the Angry Clown running this ship! YIKES!!!!!!
For a few seconds i thought you were talking about Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney

Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,603 times
While I won't resort to calling them names, I would be, let's just say, unhappy if either ended up in a position of command.

I haven't felt safe since Mr. Bush left office. That's another emotion, though.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Biden is a clown and a loudmouth, but he has a brain and experience.

Pelosi is a pathetic Speaker of the House, so I care not to think of the nightmare that is her as President.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
While I won't resort to calling them names, I would be, let's just say, unhappy if either ended up in a position of command.

I haven't felt safe since Mr. Bush left office. That's another emotion, though.
So does that mean you "felt safe" under Bush?

Remember, under Bush we had the largest ever terrorist attack on American soil...an entire city of 500,000 was nearly wiped off the map, a US Army scientist was sending Anthrax through the mail, and the destabilization of the Middle East has led to an increase in piracy and deaths of members of the Armed Services.

Sorry, but Bush hardly "kept us safe".

Biden and Pelosi are FAR better than Palin and Boehner...Because with Palin as president, this country would be done. She is a grade-A moron. Biden is a bit of a doofus, but at least he's got tons of foreign policy experience and political expertise.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
So does that mean you "felt safe" under Bush?

Remember, under Bush we had the largest ever terrorist attack on American soil...an entire city of 500,000 was nearly wiped off the map, a US Army scientist was sending Anthrax through the mail, and the destabilization of the Middle East has led to an increase in piracy and deaths of members of the Armed Services.

Sorry, but Bush hardly "kept us safe".

Biden and Pelosi are FAR better than Palin and Boehner...Because with Palin as president, this country would be done. She is a grade-A moron. Biden is a bit of a doofus, but at least he's got tons of foreign policy experience and political expertise.
9/11 happened on Bush's watch, but Clinton laid the groundwork. However, Bush led us into a misguided war which in my opinion accomplished little if anything. Only time will tell if invading Iraq was of any benefit. We may not discover the answer for several years. We've been dragging our feet in Afghanistan for way too long also. The more I look at it, the more it seems these wars are kept alive to make contractors and lobbyists very wealthy. Conspiracy fodder but not totally without merit. Halliburton? Brown and Root? Ahem!

Palin would have been no worse than Obama. Both have little experience and are unqualified for the job of POTUS. However, today's President's are just stand in guys. They surround themselves with people smarter than themselves and read from teleprompters while waving at the cameras. So long as we are victim to the two party system, we will be electing corporate groupies into office.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM

654 posts, read 466,484 times
No. Put it this way, if I had children, I wouldn't feel safe leaving them with either Pelosi or Biden.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post

How are hair plugs relevant to national security?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Only the ****ing idiots of this country would find peace and comfort in that Bozo lineup.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:39 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
No. Put it this way, if I had children, I wouldn't feel safe leaving them with either Pelosi or Biden.
Why not? They both have children of their own. Biden's son is fighting in Iraq. What's wrong with their parenting skills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies