Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No cold war; No civil war 12 24.00%
Yes cold war; no civil war 7 14.00%
Yes cold war; Yes civil war later in the future 2 4.00%
Yes cold war; Yes civil war is imminent, but not immediately 8 16.00%
Yes cold war; We are not far from having escalating fighting in public 7 14.00%
I will take up arms with the conservatives if I have to 7 14.00%
I will take up arms with the liberals if I have to 1 2.00%
I will move to a conservative friendly nation if it occurs 4 8.00%
I will move to a liberal friendly nation if it occurs 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,127 times

Advertisements

if this country erupts into a war over political ideologies.. that would be a VERY sad day....
Logic tells us that whatever is in power is the result of the majority voting it into power.. so a war would only happen if there is a bitter angry minority willing to go to great lengths in stomping the majority... Not to say that it couldn't happen, I just think it's important to understand why it would happen and under what context. I don't see liberals wanting to start a war, so I think it would be angry conservatives that would go to such lengths they seem to have a sense of ownership of this country and any other liberal opinion is somehow "the enemy" or influenced by unamerican values.
If the day were to come, and this nation erupted into a full on war over political ideologies, It would be absurd and absolutely disgusting.. I would have to take my family and myself and leave. I wouldn't participate in such disrespect of law and order... and I certainly would lose respect for the american people for thinking it is justified or ok to engage in such behaviour..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The Pink Pistols clubs will protect us.
you should join, just to be on the safe side

Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,201,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
if this country erupts into a war over political ideologies.. that would be a VERY sad day....
Logic tells us that whatever is in power is the result of the majority voting it into power.. so a war would only happen if there is a bitter angry minority willing to go to great lengths in stomping the majority... Not to say that it couldn't happen, I just think it's important to understand why it would happen and under what context. I don't see liberals wanting to start a war, so I think it would be angry conservatives that would go to such lengths they seem to have a sense of ownership of this country and any other liberal opinion is somehow "the enemy" or influenced by unamerican values.
If the day were to come, and this nation erupted into a full on war over political ideologies, It would be absurd and absolutely disgusting.. I would have to take my family and myself and leave. I wouldn't participate in such disrespect of law and order... and I certainly would lose respect for the american people for thinking it is justified or ok to engage in such behaviour..
While I agree and think it is silly, and I myself think it would be a sad day.. I have to disagree...

Our present day politics is based on the fundamentals of a society readying for a change..

Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,769,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Unfortunately that is how all civil wars start, and everybody has to take a side for protection.. And they will usually pick the side that provides the closest brotherhood..

This is more than a little silly by this logic civil wars should be breaking out all the time everywhere. I don't think there is a society anywhere were there is unanimaty of opinion.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is more than a little silly by this logic civil wars should be breaking out all the time everywhere. I don't think there is a society anywhere were there is unanimaty of opinion.
I agree shorebaby, and it isn't based on difference of opinion...

It is based on a society that has been politically ripped to shreads.. And civility has no little part of our society anymore..

It's not like I 'wish' it were to be true, but the facts remain that american society is teetering on a very dangerous edge with all the incivility approaches to politics in the media, home, school, work and etc..

Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Wow, you sound like a German citizen in 1932.

Why, because I have the ability to think for myself?

Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Why, because I have the ability to think for myself?
don't worry, you live in a desert.. I don't imagine a whole lot of battles to take over a bunch of sand and foreclosed homes!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:58 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,127 times
Quote:
While I agree and think it is silly, and I myself think it would be a sad day.. I have to disagree...

Our present day politics is based on the fundamentals of a society readying for a change..
right, but that change needs to come from the pen, and in order of law..
not with shoving a gun in someone's face and telling them to do what you want...or even worse killing people with different opinions...
We would be no better than terrorists.. because that's what they do.. they're a minority in the world, and have no platform to express their views, and nobody really cares to listen to them.. because they don't agree. So to influence their wishes, they KILL people...
it really is disgusting behaviour...

Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you should join, just to be on the safe side
Honestly, I thought about joining, but I hate their f-ing name.

My mind tells me that it's a good idea to have a gun, but it doesn't feel natural to me. I think a lot of guys have guns because they really like them - they're not just a form of protection. The interest just isn't there for me.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,948 times
Quote:
don't worry, you live in a desert.. I don't imagine a whole lot of battles to take over a bunch of sand and foreclosed homes!

Well you have me figured out! Hope you all have a great evening. Be sure and lock your doors!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies