Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some of the comments about homosexuals and homosexuality on this forum are grossly offensive to me, but I'm sure there are many who agree with them.

I know that most of these people will never say that they hate homosexuals, per se, so that's why I'm asking the question in this way.

Do you hate homosexuality?
For the life of me I cannot understand all the consternation and hand wringing that goes on over an issue that invlolves the activities of consenting adults in private.

(Consternation synonyms: alarm, terror, fear, panic, fright, horror)

How I feel about what consenting adults do in private is not the issue. Most people are not gay and as such would have a negative view regarding what gay people do in private. However, any activities engaged in between consenting adults in private has absolutely no impact on anyone's life one way or the other.

We are endowed by our Creator with certain unaliendable rights and among these is liberty. Liberty means that we are free do to what we want to do as long as it does not infringe on anyone else's rights or as long as there is not a substantial state interest in limiting such activity. In order to determine a state interest in limiting ones freedom (liberty) substantive due process would apply. This has been done. See Lawrence v. Texas.

I suppose that does not mean that people are not free to continue to criticize homosexuals but more and more such people are being ignored. This trend will continue.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
How I feel about what consenting adults do in private is not the issue. Most people are not gay and as such would have a negative view regarding what gay people do in private. However, any activities engaged in between consenting adults in private has absolutely no impact on anyone's life one way or the other.
I feel the same way - except when they try to hijack the institution of marriage, which is between a man and a woman.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:53 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I feel the same way - except when they try to hijack the institution of marriage, which is between a man and a woman.
Who says? When voting (The Major Democratic Right, we might say) ceased to be only available for white men, did black people and women hijack the institution?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 AM

207 posts, read 243,334 times
Quote:
Some of the comments about homosexuals and homosexuality on this forum are grossly offensive to me, but I'm sure there are many who agree with them.

I know that most of these people will never say that they hate homosexuals, per se, so that's why I'm asking the question in this way.

Nope I LOVE it =)

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:

I'm cool with it, but my boyfriend is not.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Personally I'm pretty ambivalent about homosexuality & homosexuals. I'm against some things they seem to think they deserve but thats not hate, its opinion. Some folks need to equate disagreement or disapproval with hate. Thats pretty absurd.

A persons actions may be normal for them but be abnormal for the group they happen to be in.

Homosexuality is not normal. Its not a big deal & is no reason to persecute folks, but its abnormal sexual behavior.
Its not about what we think, its about simple biology.

Some people WANT to be offended.

I disagree...As a lesbian I will say that I really don't understand heterosexuality at all. How anyone can desire to be with someone who is physically so different from them is beyond me. I don't see how heterosexual couples can understand each other at all. Now that is just how I personally feel...to me homosexuality is biologically logical and normal. Pregnancy is never a shock, you know the other person's body because it's like yours....homosexuality to me makes perfect sense.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
You are extremely obsessed with gay stuff, I must say.

I don't hate it, no. It is abnormal and unnatural - there are just some things that were not made to fit together.

Thanks for the rep.

Last time I checked hands, tounges, and uh man parts...fit in a variety of openings on either gender.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerup View Post
I Live and Let Live. However, personally, it makes me want to throw up everytime I hear about it. I also don't really thinks its ok for a man to act womanly or feminine in public. And those gay quips some people make (like Will and Grace) are just not funny to me.

Men do not act "womanly" in public..just like butch women aren't "manly" they are themselves...it is us as a society that has decided men and women should act certain ways. There is nothing inherently female about the way the stereotypical gay man acts.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
If they act like women in public, then they shouldn't be surprised that they are mocked/laughed at. See how that works?

There are degrees of effeminate behavior by gays. The ones who join in those gay pride parades come to mind.

Have you SEEN a gay parade?..There are plenty of non effeminate men in them as well. Not to mention church groups...politicians..mayors..firefighters... The head of police...ect.

Also why laugh or mock a man for being effeminate? Why is that funny? I don't see why you expect all men or all women for that matter to abide by your made up gender rules..

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Perhaps it's the fact that the survival of our species through human reproduction, which requires tangible biological contributions from both sexes, would become problematic were the entire population to suddenly become homosexually "normal" that gives some people pause when it comes to one's values, unless those values include the extinction of humankind.

I mean, I can understand that you 're a bit giddy from the political high you're experiencing these days, but don't overplay that limp little hand you've got there, reality-wise...

With the technology of the day we would be just fine if everyone became homosexual...and it would also really end the need for abortion so that debate could be ended. Not to mention people probably wouldn't be having children they couldn't afford so it would cut down on welfare as well...I can see many benefits of everyone becoming homosexual. There are two sides to every debate =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies