Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:40 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

No offense but has the GOP become the party of ignorance? I was listening to a local Conservative talk show host and he was actually standing up for the credit card companies and saying that they should be free to charge whatever they want. Seriously, what kind of loser would be pro credit card companies? I know some pretty good bankruptcy attorneys and most of them HATE these credit card companies. No business can be more corrupt than a credit card company in my opinion. Another local Republican guy was saying that making cars that are more fuel efficient is a "stupid" idea. I have a lot of problems with the Democratic party and Liberalism but these GOP "representatives" are indeed very ignorant. I would never vote for this stupid party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Well surely by now you know that republicans are ONLY looking out for the almighty dollar, regardless of who they step on on the way. It's all about money, pure & simple, nothing else matters. And republicans, I dare you to refute that.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 AM

395 posts, read 510,806 times
While, I don't know how I feel about your statement about the credit card companies. I do believe the Republicans are the party of ignorance. I've noticed they can be proved factually WRONG on a number of issues, yet will not change their mind. Maybe they are afraid of "FLIP FLOPPING" but it is better to FLIP FLOP rather than follow something that has been proven WRONG. I am waiting to see something like this happen to the democrats and see how they handle it. (like let's say Global Warming is found to be 100 percent bull****) I would love to see their reaction...hopefully they would be able to handle it in a more mature intelligent manner.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
No offense but has the GOP become the party of ignorance? I was listening to a local Conservative talk show host and he was actually standing up for the credit card companies and saying that they should be free to charge whatever they want. Seriously, what kind of loser would be pro credit card companies?
It is not that they are for, or against a particular policy. The radio hosts feel it is their DUTY to oppose ANYTHING Obama tries to do. This bill also expands gun-rights, which you would think is something the right would want, but the far right opposes it anyway because it is Obama's bill. They dont' give a flying rats ass about gun rights because for them the whole 2nd amendment is just a political talking point. It's not about the issues with the radio talk show hosts, it's all about partisanship. Bush made an effort to draw some restrictions to CC companies too, and the same talk show hosts were all for it.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
what kind of loser would think they were entitled to a low interest rate?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
I dare you to tell me how democrats are any different. perhaps you can ask chuckie boy rangel as he scoots around NYC in his $1000 a month leased cadillac paid for by who? you guess it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well surely by now you know that republicans are ONLY looking out for the almighty dollar, regardless of who they step on on the way. It's all about money, pure & simple, nothing else matters. And republicans, I dare you to refute that.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:55 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default A sinking ship...

The GOP has become the party of narrow, high-dollar interest groups and social troglodytes who are incapable of rational thought. Recent activity seems to indicate the dummies are in firm control, except when the wealthy special interests have some dog in the fight. Then, they can easily convince their religious right "allies" to take the side of the issue that's diametrically opposed to their own economic interests.

It's amusing to watch it, too.

Until the remaining Republicans regain a few brain cells and realize they'll never win again without support from America's middle, they'll keep degenerating into a party of a few millionaires and a bunch of angry old white guys from the old south.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
Of course you would refer to as whining about an "entitlement" to low rates.

It's actually called usery and every major religion and most all countries have laws against it.

But not here in America where three Decades of right wing ideology have said that anything corporations do is right....(if they pay to play of course.)

Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post

It's actually called usury and every major religion and most all countries have laws against it.

But not here in America where three Decades of right wing ideology have said that anything corporations do is right....if they pay to play of course.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM

what the hell do I care about what religions think? it is whining. if you don't pay your bills, you are going to have bad credit and a crappy rate. my suggestion, stop buying things you can't afford. are all americans this brain dead? you think anything the corporations do is right as well. you are a democrat right? we all know who's the largest, greediest, and most corrupt corporation out there don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

It's actually called usery and every major religion and most all countries have laws against it.

But not here in America where three Decades of right wing ideology have said that anything corporations do is right....(if they pay to play of course.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies