Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
sykes wishing death is hilarious to the left
I didn't think it was hilarious, and I think I'm part of "the left". In fact, I didn't think it was funny at all. Keith Olbermann also denounced her jokes. I don't think it's a "left versus right" issue, although many seem to want to turn it into one.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:16 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
And you think there arent some leftwingnuts that actually hope Limbaugh's kidney's fail?

Get a grip dude.

There are going to be dumb people. There's nothing we can do about it.
Haven't seen one thread created wishing for Rush's death or his kidney's to fail. I have however seen numerous Obama Birth Certificate threads consisting of 1000s of posts where people claim that he's not a citizen.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:16 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
This is has nothing to do with sense of humor..If right wing nuts didn't actually believe this crap to be true it would be funny..See ^^^^^^^posts..Wanda was in the middle of a comedic set and Rushicans got their panties in a bunch.

Give me a break! Wishing someone dead is not a "comedic set" any more than if Rush wished her dead from "Turkey baster poisoning"..would you think that would be funny?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:19 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I didn't think it was hilarious, and I think I'm part of "the left". In fact, I didn't think it was funny at all. Keith Olbermann also denounced her jokes. I don't think it's a "left versus right" issue, although many seem to want to turn it into one.

Yeah...I get caught up in the generalizing on here. Sorry. What can I say...peer pressure??

But the point stands that some people that liked the Sykes joke cant bring themselves to laugh at this (what I thought was an obvious light-hearted joke).

Old 05-14-2009, 01:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I completely agree with you. I wonder if this isn't a mini-crisis that Rahm is using to keep things up in the air. They do like crises to make things easier to get done, don't they?
Like the threat colors from the Bush administration.
Just because the Bushistas were so good at it, doesn't mean that everyone subscribes to that practice.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Just because the Bushistas were so good at it, doesn't mean that everyone subscribes to that practice.
True...but Rahm has actually said "you never want a serious crisis to go to waste"

Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
[quote=ELOrocks17;8810941]Give me a break! Wishing someone dead is not a "comedic set" any more than if Rush wished her dead from "Turkey baster poisoning"..would you think that would be funny?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the context...Everything has context..Talking about the President's nipples might be offensive if in the wrong context..Then again, as a Rushican, you're preconditioned to complain at any slight thrust upon your master.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Has that state released the BC? I thought it had been sealed like all his other records. Surely the state is honoring his wishes.
I don't know where you birthers get this idea that anyone can stop in to the vital statistics dept of any state and grab up a copy of anyone else's b.c. There are plenty of threads on this forum about how NO ONE's bc is available like that. Obama did not have his bc locked. The state of Hawaii has verified that it is genuine. Do a search.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:52 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
I completely agree with you. I wonder if this isn't a mini-crisis that Rahm is using to keep things up in the air. They do like crises to make things easier to get done, don't they?
Roy, roy, roy. I think you just may be a "doomsday-type-news" junkie. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, Obama is not a citizen....

Old 05-14-2009, 02:56 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Good post and so true... I was happier than flies in a trash can when I learned of Obama throwing that moronic colored themed terror alert policy in the trash I think the first week in office. Bush and his fellow cronies specialized in keeping America living in fear...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies