Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 01:36 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
From Answer.com

Miscarriage
Definition

Miscarriage means loss of an embryo or fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy. Most miscarriages occur during the first 14 weeks of pregnancy. The medical term for miscarriage is spontaneous abortion.
Oh, please! Anyone can look a word up in the dictionary. There are usually several meanings. I'm sure your definition is correct, but that wasn't my point.

I would never compare a miscarriage by a woman who is trying to have a child with an abortion. I also had an ectopic pregnancy which had to be terminated. Although I am pro choice, please don't come back and tell me that's the same as an abortion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 02:44 AM

749 posts, read 947,389 times
That is due to more people getting off drugs and thinking for a change.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Why are men so weak? Can't they control themselves?

No sperm, no pregnancy, no abortion.

It takes two to tango or are you saying that women are mindless objects under the control of mans will and therefore should not be considered when determining responsibility in this action?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
You misunderstood my larger point, which is that spontaneous abortions are more common than pro-lifers realize, and that the great majority of abortions that ever occur occur naturally (ie via self-destructing faulty paternal and/or maternal genes). Nature ensures that these embryos never survive. Then, there are spontaneous abortions that are caused by maternal and/or paternal exposure to toxins (eg, tobacco and alcohol). Yet we don't hear pro-lifers a). fulminating against tobacco and alcohol companies or b). forcing every female to monitor for potential self-terminating pregnancies. I mean, if you're a staunch pro-lifer who actually understands science, these are things you should be doing.

So because this happens naturally or under various indirect and unintentional actions, it justifies the intentional action of it?

If we are to assume this is correct in its logic, then could we not apply the same via murder? That is, nature sees to the premature end of many adults for various reasons and people constantly die due to unintentional or indirect actions so in concluding based on your presentation of logic, killing people is acceptable?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, please! Anyone can look a word up in the dictionary. There are usually several meanings. I'm sure your definition is correct, but that wasn't my point.

I would never compare a miscarriage by a woman who is trying to have a child with an abortion. I also had an ectopic pregnancy which had to be terminated. Although I am pro choice, please don't come back and tell me that's the same as an abortion!
While morally it may be different than an abortion, medically, the only difference is the cause.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It takes two to tango or are you saying that women are mindless objects under the control of mans will and therefore should not be considered when determining responsibility in this action?

My suggestion that men abstain from sex is for those men out there who are so gung ho aganist abortion rights. If you don't like abortion, don't have one AND don't get anyone pregnant who might have one. Pretty simple.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,863,089 times
Why don't the pro-choice people admit that they are pro-abortion? Abortion is a much harder word to swallow than choice! Every one is pro-choice!!!!!!! Some of us choose to be pro-life so why should we call it anything different!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:21 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Why don't the pro-choice people admit that they are pro-abortion? Abortion is a much harder word to swallow than choice! Every one is pro-choice!!!!!!! Some of us choose to be pro-life so why should we call it anything different!
Pro-Choice does not mean pro-abortion. I choose not have an abortion but believe that a woman can have an abortion if she so chooses. Therefore, I am Pro-Choice.

Why don't Pro-Lifers call themselves Pro-life Before Birth After That You're On Your Own?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Perhaps you should have read the whole thread before you first "correct" me, then attack me. My initial response was to someone who questioned the merging of miscarriages and abortions. I noted that miscarriages are abortions though not induced abortions which are what we normally mean when we say "abortion". You said I was wrong and "corrected" me. I corrected you. You got snarky.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
I marvel at all the various ways the anti-abortionists have manipulated language over the years. Try as we might, we can't keep up or stay ahead. I can't wait until they start calling sperm and ovum "baby-seeds". Then all you folks using birth control and you guys jerking off and spilling your baby-seeds are in trouble! Baby seed killers!!111

Last edited by Sagran; 05-18-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies