Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's prevalent in white teenagers, too.
But it was a nice try at making it racist.
Interesting report from the San Jose Mercury a decade or so ago about the government pushing crack in LA.

Where did he mention race at all?
Ohhhh..that's right...it was the hippie that mentioned race.

But nice try at making it racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:38 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Liberals-They re the ones who enable drug users
You have to be a troll who is actually liberal and just posts this stuff for fun. I mean really. You have to be.

Lets not forget about all those good ol' hearty Conservative Jesus loving Meth addicts in Rural America.

I mean really, though. You can't really have these crazy views. Even the most illogical, wacked out conservative guy is not to the extent that you are.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Next time you are on a plane or in the doctor's office, ask yourself "what if this guy (or gal) was on crack right now."
Have you ever had your teeth drilled by a dentist providing only novocain and not cocaine plus nitrous?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yet another Cocaine Rush Song.

Ah, yes - when business was good.

Why do you suppose the CIA is known as The Company?

Sorry ELO - Couldn't resist.

YouTube - E.L.O Don't Bring Me Down

Marijuana Chill Song.

YouTube - Mellow Yellow by Donovan

Donovan
Mellow Yellow
I'm just mad about Saffron
Saffron's mad about me
She's just mad about me
{Refrain}
They call me mellow yellow
(Quite rightly)
(Quite rightly)
I'm just mad about Fortean
Fourteen's mad about me
I'm just mad about Fortean
She's just mad about me
{Refrain}
Born high forever to fly
Wind velocity nil
Wanna high forever to fly
If you want your cup o'er fill
{Refrain}
(So mellow, he's so yellow)
Electrical banana
Is gonna be a sudden craze
Electrical banana
Is bound to be the very next phase
They call it mellow yellow
(Quite rightly)
(Quite rightly)
Saffron -- yeah
I'm just mad about her
She's just mad about me
{Refrain}
(Oh so yellow, oh so mellow)
i know my timing is bad but i love donovan.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:29 PM

439 posts, read 616,757 times
Didn't Obama do Crack Cocaine when he was in his 20's?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Didn't Obama do Crack Cocaine when he was in his 20's?
He admitted to Cocaine in his teens. So did George W., about more than half of other politiciains, sports stars, lawyers, etc.

Crack is different than cocaine. Crack is smoked, much cheaper, more addicting, and has worse effects on people.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
He admitted to Cocaine in his teens. So did George W., about more than half of other politiciains, sports stars, lawyers, etc.

Crack is different than cocaine. Crack is smoked, much cheaper, more addicting, and has worse effects on people.
Um, no. Cocaine is cocaine...and if anything "crack" is cut down so far that there's not as much cocaine in a piece of crack as there is in a "line" of coke. But coke is more expensive, and so they have better lawyers...rich people make the rules, and can break them pretty much at will.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Um, no. Cocaine is cocaine...and if anything "crack" is cut down so far that there's not as much cocaine in a piece of crack as there is in a "line" of coke. But coke is more expensive, and so they have better lawyers...rich people make the rules, and can break them pretty much at will.
Crack is "cut" down more, but it is mixed with baking soda, so it is smokable. Smoking crack is far more powerful for a shorter period, and more addicting. Both are awful drugs.

You are right about cocaine. There are laws that make crack more punishable if you are caught with it. Many poor black people are complaining that this is a law against them. Then when a rich suburban white boy is caught with coke, he is not punished as badly.

But, I don't know why you said, "Uh, no". I know what I am talking about, as I had an elective psychology courses on this in college, and grew up with drugy friends. Don't try to pretend to school me on something that I know a lot about.

Crack is wack (as Whitney Houston would say).

Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i know my timing is bad but i love donovan.
I wonder if Electrical Banana materialized vulgar as the buzzing *****?

I always thought it was going to be a more Aquarian kind of high.

Oh well, it wasn't his fault.

YouTube - Sunshine Superman - The Journey of Donovan, DVD-Trailer 2008

Old 05-19-2009, 04:22 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
The reason they're complaining is that the quantity issue. You could have nearly pure cocaine and serve less jail time for possession than you would for crack, which has been cut down so far it isn't funny. As a matter of fact, you can get busted for just TRYING to buy crack, it doesn't have to be "real" when the cops set up their stings.

Thankfully, I was never busted, and gave it up long ago...I was always having someone else buy it and bring it--and I got myself away from those people. I didn't personally have the contacts, it was always through some middleman. Like the girlfriend I broke up with because the crack was more important than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies