Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times

Advertisements

Jerry Falwell is a piece of work in my opinion. He is one of those that give Christianity a bad name. Actually, there are very few evangelists on television that really seem to be sincere, that's just my humble opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
Jerry Falwell is a piece of work in my opinion. He is one of those that give Christianity a bad name. Actually, there are very few evangelists on television that really seem to be sincere, that's just my humble opinion.
In my opinion Jerry Falwell is a very honorable and upstanding man. No man is perfect but he lives the life that he preaches. I have seen his name slandered and misrepresented many times and he never responds with hate, only respect and tolerance for those that put him down.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
I wonder why Jerry Falwell is conceding now. Or better said, using something that has eluded him for some time....logic.

Is it b/c of the history of some of the Republican front runners?

Do you think he's the preparing The Right to vote for a Republican candidate even though said candidate might have had a sketchy past?

They are not finally getting it. They have no other choice.

It has never been about morals. It's about the party that panders to their cause.
He is not conceding now. Fact is he is solid as a rock and doesn't waiver. You don't understand his message if you perceive he is "conceding" anything.
"They are finally getting it". Your rhetoric really gets tiring with your "us vs them" theme, and the way you are always implyilng that "they" (which I assume you mean Christian conservatives) are stupid and ignorant. Your snide and superior attitude contributes nothing to an open and or productive discussion.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:21 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
He is not conceding now. Fact is he is solid as a rock and doesn't waiver. You don't understand his message if you perceive he is "conceding" anything.
"They are finally getting it". Your rhetoric really gets tiring with your "us vs them" theme, and the way you are always implyilng that "they" (which I assume you mean Christian conservatives) are stupid and ignorant. Your snide and superior attitude contributes nothing to an open and or productive discussion.
Spunky

Christian conservatives are the reason we're in the mess we're in. You HAVE TO expect some degree of heat for that. If you sense a "tone" in people's posts, that's because they are upset.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I absolutely hate Christian conservatives, or anyone who mixes their politics with religion.

....and yes, compared to his statements in prior elections, he sounds like he's conceding in this latest one.....and that's ok. It's about time these pompous religious figures start flat out admitting their wrong.

~T

Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Yap, althought I respect your opinion, and also they way even though you are passionate in your beliefs you are also (usually) respectful to those that disagree. Not so with some.

That being said, you can't be surprised that I completely with a capital "C" disagree that the reason we are in the mess we are in is because of Christian Conservatives. I believe our country is in the mess we are in because of the left-and I am not just refering to the war, because I fully acknowledge that we are under a republican administration.

But our two polar opposite views just goes to show how divided our country is, and frankly coming together in thinking even a tiny bit is a move in the right direction.

I don't feel Christian conservatives are "pompous" I understand many believe this is true but I just dont see it.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:29 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Spunky

Christian conservatives are the reason we're in the mess we're in. You HAVE TO expect some degree of heat for that. If you sense a "tone" in people's posts, that's because they are upset.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I absolutely hate Christian conservatives, or anyone who mixes their politics with religion.

....and yes, compared to his statements in prior elections, he sounds like he's conceding in this latest one.....and that's ok. It's about time these pompous religious figures start flat out admitting their wrong.

~T
Agreed and thank you, Yap.

Falwell has conceded.

Some are just willingly blind.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:35 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Yap, althought I respect your opinion, and also they way even though you are passionate in your beliefs you are also (usually) respectful to those that disagree. Not so with some.

That being said, you can't be surprised that I completely with a capital "C" disagree that the reason we are in the mess we are in is because of Christian Conservatives. I believe our country is in the mess we are in because of the left-and I am not just refering to the war, because I fully acknowledge that we are under a republican administration.

But our two polar opposite views just goes to show how divided our country is, and frankly coming together in thinking even a tiny bit is a move in the right direction.

I don't feel Christian conservatives are "pompous" I understand many believe this is true but I just dont see it.
Remember Spunk there is a reason when people hate conservative christians, it is usually because of their own personal issues and of course it helps alleviate the guilt!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Remember Spunk there is a reason when people hate conservative christians, it is usually because of their own personal issues and of course it helps alleviate the guilt!
Nope, lol.

I just hate people who pull religion into politics and government.

Religion is fine, and in fact a wonderful thing for some people. However, I don't think we should be basing our votes on it. I also don't think it has a place in government.

So I also said this before, and will say it again....

I hate religious conservatives because the label itself denotes that they are mixing politics with religion.

Christians/other religious folks, just fine.
Conservatives, for the most part I belong to the club.

~T

Old 04-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:

George Bush is the granddaddy of this mess.

Left wing atheists sure didn't put him in office

How in the WORLD can the left be responsible for anything right now? The left hasn't had a whole lot of decision making ability for the last 6 years. Only recently has the tide turned. If anything, the left will be the ones pulling us back on track. We are WAY too far to the right at this point.

So I'll say again, the Christian right vote PUT THAT MAN and his administration into office. The blame is not solely on the Christian right, but a large part of it is. Ya can't blame Bill Clinton for everything hon

So where's that pic anyway?

~T

Old 04-08-2007, 01:13 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Yap, I agree that the "right" put us in this mess. But will the "left" get us out? I doubt it. No one actually fixes anything. I just see each successive congress and president making the hole deeper. The democrats will probably do nothing to fix our reputation, worldwide, but they'll open our borders even further, for illegal immigration.

They're all so corrupt, I wish we could round them up and drag them through the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies