Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicos Dad View Post
Besides why do neocons always claim they want the govt out of their lives except when it benefits a primitive belief imbedded in their minds by their neighborhood preacher?
The Neo-Conservative ideology does not include any kind of domestic policy, to believe the it does is beyond ignorant. As a matter of fact I suspect any true NeoCon would be pro-choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I am pro-life and not religious, so I find this post offensive.

If you changed "bible thumpers" to "pro-lifers" in your question, I would answer and that answer would be no. I support the right to an abortion in the case of rape, as well as in the case of medical necessity.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:56 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
by a criminal? I think you know the answer. They are a bunch of hypocritical phonies. I dont like abortion either. If I had gotten my wife pregnant before we were married I would have encouraged and supported the child financially and emotionally. I would never even consider abortion as an option. Yet with that being said I am staunchly pro-choice. Who the hell am I to impose my beliefs on anybody else and tell a woman what she can do with her body. Besides why do neocons always claim they want the govt out of their lives except when it benefits a primitive belief imbedded in their minds by their neighborhood preacher?

Bible thumpers look upon women as nothing more than incubators, used to further their selfish political agenda. However, when of their own family gets impregnated by force or even just inconvienently, their tune quickly changes...so yes, they are nothing but hypocritical phonies. For that matter, the entire religious right is made up of nothing but hypocrites.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:58 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,231 times
Quote:
by a criminal? I think you know the answer. They are a bunch of hypocritical phonies. I dont like abortion either. If I had gotten my wife pregnant before we were married I would have encouraged and supported the child financially and emotionally. I would never even consider abortion as an option. Yet with that being said I am staunchly pro-choice. Who the hell am I to impose my beliefs on anybody else and tell a woman what she can do with her body. Besides why do neocons always claim they want the govt out of their lives except when it benefits a primitive belief imbedded in their minds by their neighborhood preacher?
You sir, are precisely what is wrong with the pretentious and irrational ethics logic perpetrated by a generation of secular humanist indoctrination by fascist leaning, mind fu...ed pseudo intellectuals that inhabit the lecturns of our high schools universites and colleges.

"Primitive belief imbedded in their minds by their neighborhood preacher".
How about "contemporary belief imbedded as outlined above". An excuse for hedonistic behavior without pause to reflect on consequence. It is much like saying the truck ran over me because the driver accelerated otherwise I would have made it across the street. Maybe if he had waited until the light changed no one would have had to die.

Your arguement is an excuse for foolish behavior that results in murder of an innocent. We can be glad at least that recent statistics now show that anti abortionists are beginning to influence reasonable thinking people. A Gallup poll in todays paper reports 51% are pro life.

Maybe it is because pro-life is winning an obvious moral debate or perhaps it is simply survival of the fittest. Over a period of time one might conclude that abortionists are eleminating their own kind. I suppose there are many ways for the superior ranks of a species to survive.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:10 AM

80 posts, read 363,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
You sir, are precisely what is wrong with the pretentious and irrational ethics logic perpetrated by a generation of secular humanist indoctrination by fascist leaning, mind fu...ed pseudo intellectuals that inhabit the lecturns of our high schools universites and colleges.

"Primitive belief imbedded in their minds by their neighborhood preacher".
How about "contemporary belief imbedded as outlined above". An excuse for hedonistic behavior without pause to reflect on consequence. It is much like saying the truck ran over me because the driver accelerated otherwise I would have made it across the street. Maybe if he had waited until the light changed no one would have had to die.

Your arguement is an excuse for foolish behavior that results in murder of an innocent. We can be glad at least that recent statistics now show that anti abortionists are beginning to influence reasonable thinking people. A Gallup poll in todays paper reports 51% are pro life.

Maybe it is because pro-life is winning an obvious moral debate or perhaps it is simply survival of the fittest. Over a period of time one might conclude that abortionists are eleminating their own kind. I suppose there are many ways for the superior ranks of a species to survive.

No one in my family has ever been divorced or had an abortion , we just arent self righteous phony demogogues like you and your phony brethren who think morality should be governed by the same government we continually criticize. I noticed that you still didnt answer the question.. I dont blame you though. Much easier to bury your head in the sand than to face tough difficult questions that arise concerning scenarios that will have to be addressed and played out of this government makes abortion illegal.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
I would imagine it is very similiar to this question:

Why would Al Gore fly a private jet to receive a nobel prize on his work to educate people on the dangers of global warming?

Hypocrisy -- its not just for pro- life people, you know

Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Well,

I do know that sometimes there are exception. My friends mom was a RELIGIOUS person. VERY VERY religious. It was...kinda creepy. To the point where her son would tell her to knock it off because it was getting very creepy. She is Christian.

And...she had an abortion....she was not raped by the way....

So I do believe it changes when it is someone you love. Then you are ok with them having an abortion. Of course there are some who dont give a care either which way and force you to have the baby.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 AM

37,166 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I dont know who Playa is. Like I said you're premise is ignorant old and tired. Why would I murder an innocent child in retaliation for an assault, that it had nothing to do with. I would punish the criminal not the victims.
So, then, you would be willing to be taxed to support this child from birth to adulthood, including food, clothing, shelter, and education, and to compensate the Mother for raising the child that you demanded be born?

Excellent.

I always did appreciate someone who puts his money where his mouth is.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 AM

872 posts, read 1,712,611 times
This doesn't happen nearly as much as the news media would lead us to believe. Much more often women will get an abortion because of the inconvenience of having a child.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:14 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Hmmm.... is there a study of the circumstances behind rapes occurred? I know liberals would like to think that every rape is some guy in a dark hoody pouncing on an unsuspecting jogger in the middle of the night... but that certainly is not always the case.

How many rapes occur around drugs? Around alcohol? How many rapes occur in situations where a Christian woman is least likely to be found?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:17 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Well,

I do know that sometimes there are exception. My friends mom was a RELIGIOUS person. VERY VERY religious. It was...kinda creepy. To the point where her son would tell her to knock it off because it was getting very creepy. She is Christian.

And...she had an abortion....she was not raped by the way....

So I do believe it changes when it is someone you love. Then you are ok with them having an abortion. Of course there are some who dont give a care either which way and force you to have the baby.
Seriously? Your constant far left cheerleading and highly questionable, totally isolated stories are getting rather old. I usually glide past your posts because they're all the same but I felt it gratuitous to give you a little progress report this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies