Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Damn. I cannot rep you.

But great post. What a stupid move posting that picture here.
thanks. what a creep!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:58 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
atilla, I agree protection and responsibility is key. it is just not realistic when talking about the whole of the problem. again BC fails, young teens have unprotected sex. we can't close the barn door once the horses have left the barn. what then...they should have to bear a child as what punishment. the innocent baby then lives a life where he really isn't wanted, needed, cared for grows up and the sme cycle starts all over again? I hate abortion. I find it a sad fact of life. If left to develop it does become a baby. I know that and so does everyone. it all comes down to what life do you place more importance on..a developing baby or the woman who is carries it? if we outlaw abortion what about the deaths of the women who go to back alley abortions. are their lives not as improtant to protect? it isn't about how terrible it is to "kill" something it is about the right of a woman to control her onw body without the judgement of others and her right to privacy. that supercededes the right of a fetus. ugly or not
A developing baby... unless the mothers life is threatened. That answer is easy. To kill the child is selfish at best and murderous at worst. I am glad you hate abortion though because that makes you a cut above the other abortionists that believe it is just a cancer on the mother. That people think like that is a sad testament to humanity to the extent that it has evolved. Abortion is basically a contemporary phenomena you know.

There are many things in life that make us uncomfortable that we must nonetheless take responsibility for in our actions. Not the least of these things is the right to life. When the zygote happens, it is safe to say that a portal has opened to the universe for that human organism. To close that portal is not the right of any mortal. I sense you are a good person with a moral code. The matter that we disagree is likely degree. I could never yield to your perspective that it is purely a womans right any more than I would ask you to believe the man has no responsibility. Yes, when the horse leaves the barn in error, if the thoroughbred is bred, even by a donkey, the mule is a useful and contributing member of the kingdom.

We are not that far apart though I would caution you that once the damage is done and the unwanted pregnancy is in place it is indeed the responsibility of the mother to choose life. In that life there will most often be joy, planned or not. There will most often be a contributing member of society. Whether the abortion would have resulted in a surgeon, a statesman, or a thief or a murderer, that human being deserved the same oportunity that you deserved before you left the woumb.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
silas777, proud of yourself for posting that? make you feel better? think you changed a mind, saved an unborn? do you have any idea what the circumsgtances were of that picture? no you don't. would you like me to publish a picture of a dead woman bleeding out her vagina and in a pool of blood to show you what happens when abortions are illiegal. you wanna go tit for tat? sensationalism is just that.
That wasnt a baby! That was a womans right!!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
That wasnt a baby! That was a womans right!!
Yes. It sure was the womans right. I am glad she had the choice to make.

I am glad she had the choice because once again-YOU DON'T KNOW what the circumstances were behind that abortion.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yes. It sure was the womans right. I am glad she had the choice to make.

I am glad she had the choice because once again-YOU DON'T KNOW what the circumstances were behind that abortion.
And neither do you.

Sure, we would all like to think it was a necessity, that there was nothing else that could be done. But the point is -- we really don't know. The oversight in later term abortions -or in any abortions.

I suppose I look at that picture and it recalls to mind the story out of Florida a few months ago about an abortion provider that performed a later term abortion that produced a living baby ...well, dying as it was able to breathe before being placed into a medical waste bag and stuck in a closet. I recall the woman wanted the later term abortion not because of illness, risk to her health or deformity of the baby but because she hadn't realized she was pregnant till the fifth or sixth month.

Now, is this pix disturbing. Yes, but then so is later term abortions.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
And neither do you.

Sure, we would all like to think it was a necessity, that there was nothing else that could be done. But the point is -- we really don't know. The oversight in later term abortions -or in any abortions.

I suppose I look at that picture and it recalls to mind the story out of Florida a few months ago about an abortion provider that performed a later term abortion that produced a living baby ...well, dying as it was able to breathe before being placed into a medical waste bag and stuck in a closet. I recall the woman wanted the later term abortion not because of illness, risk to her health or deformity of the baby but because she hadn't realized she was pregnant till the fifth or sixth month.

Now, is this pix disturbing. Yes, but then so is later term abortions.
In that situation, no. She should not have done it. Personally, I have never been pregnant so I dont know if it is possible to not know if you are at 5 or 6 months? Maybe a lady who is or was pregnant in here can attest to that? Because I have no clue....

That was wrong to do that to the baby. I agree with you there. Did they happen to save the baby? Do you know?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Anybody who is pro-choice should have no issue with that picture - it is the end result regardless of the circumstances. It does not make a difference to the baby - he is just as dead.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no they are in fact raped and impregnated. what the christians want is the rapist executed and the girl and baby to get the care they should have been getting b4 this happened.
i tell ya we are a violent people arent we? we wana execute rapists and take care of babies. (not the reverse)

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-17-2009 at 07:40 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Anybody who is pro-choice should have no issue with that picture - it is the end result regardless of the circumstances. It does not make a difference to the baby - he is just as dead.
Look!

Mr. "prolife" speaks!!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicos Dad View Post
by a criminal? I think you know the answer. They are a bunch of hypocritical phonies. I dont like abortion either. If I had gotten my wife pregnant before we were married I would have encouraged and supported the child financially and emotionally. I would never even consider abortion as an option. Yet with that being said I am staunchly pro-choice. Who the hell am I to impose my beliefs on anybody else and tell a woman what she can do with her body. Besides why do neocons always claim they want the govt out of their lives except when it benefits a primitive belief imbedded in their minds by their neighborhood preacher?
Only 10% of Americans are truly pro-life. I say this because 90% opt for abortion when they find out their baby had downs syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies