Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times

Advertisements

The More Science Learns, the More They Realize That Al Gore Is Simply A Snake Oil Salesman

While reading the New York Times this morning I came across a laughable editorial titled: “Practical Steps to Save the Polar Bear” by… Oh, wait, no author was listed.

The environmental lobby that is promoting Al Gore’s fantastic facts of immense error proclaim that Global Warming is not a Republican Issue, and not a Democratic Issue - but instead our dying planet is an American Issue, and is becoming even more so a Global Issue that must be addressed by all humanity.

As for our struggling friends, the polar bears? Fact is in 1950 there were about 5,000 polar bears. Now there are 25,000.
Twenty distinct polar bear populations are known to exist, and population patterns do not reveal a dive toward extinction, or even a temperature-linked decline in population. Only two of the distinct population groups (accounting for about 16.4 percent of the total population), in fact, are even decreasing.
Ten populations (approximately 45.4 percent of the total number), are reported to be stable. Another two populations - about 13.6 percent of the total number of polar bears - are increasing.
The status of the remaining six populations (whether they are stable, increasing or decreasing in size) is unknown.

The statistics hardly supports the hysteria Al Gore, and the current Disney film “Earth,” are promoting.

Perhaps that is why no author was listed regarding the piece in the New York Times about saving the polar bears.
Even the man-made global warming sheep are too embarrassed to leave their name on anything supporting the illogical myth.

American Daily Review - articles blog - Save The Polar Bear: Hysteria and*Myth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 04:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Let's hope not too many liberals look in on your thread as they will go crazy. Of course, they haven't read that some of the northern glaciers are growing up to 2 meters each day the last few months. Maybe we need to get some of that information to the polar bears, so they could relax while doing their normal thing of recreation. from 5000 to 25,000 in that small a time seems like something other than heading toward extinction.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let's hope not too many liberals look in on your thread as they will go crazy. Of course, they haven't read that some of the northern glaciers are growing up to 2 meters each day the last few months. Maybe we need to get some of that information to the polar bears, so they could relax while doing their normal thing of recreation. from 5000 to 25,000 in that small a time seems like something other than heading toward extinction.
I know I was shocked at the numbers that certainly is not what is being reported is it!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Rebuttal link.

Polar Bears International - Ask The Experts (http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/ask-the-experts/population/ - broken link)

Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Rebuttal link.

Polar Bears International - Ask The Experts (http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/ask-the-experts/population/ - broken link)
One thing I hate about this global warming issue is that it is both sides skewing scientific facts to support their side politically. I don't know if Global Warming is man made, or a natural cycle. Maybe it is a natural cycle that is increased by man made issues like polluting.

With that being said; there is nothing wrong with both sides working to save the environment for future generations. The Earth is a an amazing place. I hate when Rush Limbaugh and his cronies are so against new technologies, and ways to stop pollution. I just don't get it. Lowering pollution rates, and trying to create a cleaner environment is good for all.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
everytime a polar bear eats an alaskan drug dealer a teddy bear gets his wings.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:33 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
... there is nothing wrong with both sides working to save the environment for future generations. The Earth is a an amazing place. I hate when Rush Limbaugh and his cronies are so against new technologies, and ways to stop pollution. I just don't get it. Lowering pollution rates, and trying to create a cleaner environment is good for all.
I don't understand this we vs them mentality when it comes to OUR EARTH. We all live here. What is wrong with wanting Earth to be as healthy as possible?

Some posters scan the media looking for any one thing that they can glom on to to make 'the other side' look foolish/wrong/uninformed when in fact, their own lack of knowledge about the subject at hand is what shines through.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,681 times
you know what's wrong with it? it's an elaborate scheme to make money. my example I always give is my states emissions inspection tax. if your check engine light is on, it automatically fails. even if you have an electrical problem, like I did. the politicians that voted for the tax were supported by people who would benefit from car repairs. it's a scam. people should do what they can personally, but not have their money extorted by special interests. that's all this environmental regulation does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I don't understand this we vs them mentality when it comes to OUR EARTH. We all live here. What is wrong with wanting Earth to be as healthy as possible?

Some posters scan the media looking for any one thing that they can glom on to to make 'the other side' look foolish/wrong/uninformed when in fact, their own lack of knowledge about the subject at hand is what shines through.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,440,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Actually I think you and other believers of Al Gore (who BTW invented the internet), should have a serious talk with Mother Nature, but pleaaasee do not p*ss her off!

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 05-19-2009 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: add

Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
For the ignorant,
An EDITORIAL is a piece written by the EDITOR expressing an opinion. Editorial's are usually not signed. If someone other than the editor writes 'an editorial' that piece is signed.

Geeze....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies