Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support an Israel attack on Iran
Yes 16 43.24%
No, I agree with Obama that negotiations will stop Iran 2 5.41%
no 16 43.24%
other 1 2.70%
not sure 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Does Venezuela harbor terrorists hell-bent on destroying America? Please show us your proof of this.

Iran thumbs their nose, they get sanctions. What is so hard to understand about that? Bush was only one player in a host of nations that retaliated against hard-line Iran. Your point is moot.
What's wrong with Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) for the little guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

519 posts, read 689,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
What's wrong with Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) for the little guys?
Well, for starters, MAD assumes that both players have the ability to destroy the other nation. Iran seems to be hell-bent on that path, of which they may well get what they ask for. Netty isn't afraid to make waves.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:44 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Are you putting words in Bush's mouth? Links to the "ceased to exist" quote/speech please.

It's what the man said. And no, I'm not going to sort through pages of Google hits to find it again. If you still believe in the lying SOB it's your problem, not mine.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's what the man said. And no, I'm not going to sort through pages of Google hits to find it again. If you still believe in the lying SOB it's your problem, not mine.
Of course your not going to back it up. I didn't expect that you could.

The fact is, I don't think anyone, anywhere said that the Taliban "ceased to exist." They MAY have said that the Taliban has been decimated to a point that they are no longer able to pose a big threat, but ceasing to exist is a far cry from being impotent.

These guys are hell-bent on fighting the "infidels". Even if they had been "ceased", I don't think any thinking person would believe that they wouldn't try to regroup. They have nothing else to lose by doing so, and unfortunately, we're seeing that now.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:09 PM

704 posts, read 1,873,425 times
All the religious hard-ons in Israel and Iran should do us all a favor and go off themselves. Their stone age mentalities are dangerous and ill-concieved. There are many bright intellignet people in both countries, but their governments have been hi-jacked by religious fanatics and they BOTH are wrong.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
All the religious hard-ons in Israel and Iran should do us all a favor and go off themselves. Their stone age mentalities are dangerous and ill-concieved. There are many bright intellignet people in both countries, but their governments have been hi-jacked by religious fanatics and they BOTH are wrong.
I agree, except this fight has been going on since the dawn of civilized humanity. Religion has been at the heart of many - if not most - of the major world conflicts. I hardly believe that today's problems are the result of governments being hijacked by religious fanatics. This is a fight that has been fought for centuries, and will continue to be fought until the end of time. Whether anyone believes prophesies or not, that's up to them, but all of this has been predicted in the Bible/Koran. We're merely seeing it come true right in front of our eyes.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,988,749 times
Iran has every right to build any weapon system Israel or the USA has. I hope ANY country that breaks International Law and attacks Iran without being attacked first will get shot out of the sky.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Iran has every right to build any weapon system Israel or the USA has. I hope ANY country that breaks International Law and attacks Iran without being attacked first will get shot out of the sky.
Iran is party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. If they pull out, they could "rightfully" build nuclear weapons. India, Pakistan, Israel, and North Korea are not parties to the Treaty, and they all have nuclear weapons. The problem? Iran has consistently claimed their nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. To pull out now would call their bluff. Had they been forthright and backed out of the Treaty and commenced to buidling nuclear weapons, there would be little the world could do. Instead, they are under the control of a treaty they signed, thus breaking they law. They backed themselves into a corner, and they may just get an answer from Israel because of it.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times
Quote:
I agree, except this fight has been going on since the dawn of civilized humanity. Religion has been at the heart of many - if not most - of the major world conflicts. I hardly believe that today's problems are the result of governments being hijacked by religious fanatics. This is a fight that has been fought for centuries, and will continue to be fought until the end of time. Whether anyone believes prophesies or not, that's up to them, but all of this has been predicted in the Bible/Koran. We're merely seeing it come true right in front of our eyes.
It just may be that religion might just be a legal form of criminal insanity.

YouTube - Midnight Express Movie - Part 17

Easy to see why such severe penalties for drug usage exist in the Mid East and the U.S.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,330,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Israel has missiles that can hit Iran.
What's the problem?
Can always count on you to side with the extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies