Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
It is very simple.

Obama is no different than the many leftists that promote or condone irresponsible behavior..
That's funny because I have never heard Obama tell everyone to go out and **** each other.

Quote:
People of the liberal ilk preach that abstaining from sex cannot be accomplished and they actually encourage promiscuous sexual activity by distributing contraceptives to teens and unmarried people. This is akin to telling people that any kind of sex out side of holy matrimony is okay as long as you use protection.

Well that so-called protection is not always going to provide protection. There is a high risk factor because contraceptives have a rather extensive rate of failure. .
High risk? Most all forms of contraception have an effective rate in the high 90s. Some up to 99.8%. I'm not a math major but I dont believe .02% is high risk.

Quote:
Therefore when an unwanted pregnancy occurs the libs promote the concept of not taking personal responsibillity and instead grant the so-called choice of disposing of an innocent human life.

This is the liberal mantra which they proclaim is progressive..
It's called free will. If I remember correctly, your god granted it.

We have freedom and choice. If make your choices and I will make mine. Until my choices infringe on your rights, stay out of my business.

Quote:
The best way to avoid unwanted pregnancies is to not engage in sex. Abstinence is the only proven method to avoid this; but the foolish liberals make it into a more complex situation than what it really is.
I would agree. However, lots of people have sex everyday. It isnt a liberal/conservative issue, it is a HUMAN ISSUE. Your god supposedly created us and made us with our hormones. Sex is a natural and instinctual act.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:03 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Pregnancies often don't come to term for a variety of reasons so the "be glad you weren't aborted" comments are meaningless and not too intelligent sounding.

But the ones that do come to term wouldn't have if momma would have aborted.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:10 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
Oh my God. Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. I do hope you can at least decipher the difference.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Oh my God. Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. I do hope you can at least decipher the difference.

Yeah, I dont know where this pro-abortion term came from.

Pro-choice is simply the right of a person to choose.

That's it. It's not condoning unprotected sex, it isnt encouraging behavior, and it definitely isnt someone wanting people to have abortions.

It is the right to choose. That's it.

Last edited by RjRobb2; 05-21-2009 at 02:22 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 02:20 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
What I am saying about liberals is they promote and condone pre-marital and promiscuous sex...
People have been having pre-marital sex since marriage was instituted. Lots and lots of people. Closing your eyes and pretending it will go away is naive at best. Regardless of who "promotes" or opposes the various forms of sex - pre-marital, oral, promiscuous, same-sex, etc. - people will go on practicing. You can't stop it, so the grown-up thing to do would be to accept it.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
that he goes onto a catholic university campus to campaign for it?
Not even the Editor-in-Chief of the Vatican newspaper thinks Obama is Pro-Abortion:

Editor of Vatican newspaper says ‘Obama is not pro-abortion’

Old 05-21-2009, 02:33 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
obama is for personal freedom.

abstain? to exclude ration thought for the sexual activites of humans, and conclude abstaing from sex is the answer, is not only exreme but shows a limited uderstanding and an unwillingess to understand the scope of the problem. no one has to agree with anbody but to close your eyes to most of the world is not anyway to get a problem solved

Old 05-21-2009, 02:59 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,985,793 times
Quote:
It is very simple.

Obama is no different than the many leftists that promote or condone irresponsible behavior.

People of the liberal ilk preach that abstaining from sex cannot be accomplished and they actually encourage promiscuous sexual activity by distributing contraceptives to teens and unmarried people. This is akin to telling people that any kind of sex out side of holy matrimony is okay as long as you use protection.

Well that so-called protection is not always going to provide protection. There is a high risk factor because contraceptives have a rather extensive rate of failure. Therefore when an unwanted pregnancy occurs the libs promote the concept of not taking personal responsibillity and instead grant the so-called choice of disposing of an innocent human life.

This is the liberal mantra which they proclaim is progressive.

The best way to avoid unwanted pregnancies is to not engage in sex. Abstinence is the only proven method to avoid this; but the foolish liberals make it into a more complex situation than what it really is.
No, you're wrong.

Sometimes happily married "over the hill" couples that use birth control (vasectomy) and already have four children have decided they are finished with having children (age, health, financial reasons, emotional) Yet, even such a method of birth control can fail.. Irresponsible? How dare you make such a claim.

It is complex and not a black and white issue like you have suggested. You shouldn't make foolish, simplistic, assumptions about people or their personal lives.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 PM

355 posts, read 447,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
People have been having pre-marital sex since marriage was instituted. Lots and lots of people. Closing your eyes and pretending it will go away is naive at best. Regardless of who "promotes" or opposes the various forms of sex - pre-marital, oral, promiscuous, same-sex, etc. - people will go on practicing. You can't stop it, so the grown-up thing to do would be to accept it.
I will not deny that pre-marital sex has been happening for eons. That still does not make it right.

I can accept it even though it it unacceptable, but I do not have to tolerate it.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
that he goes onto a catholic university campus to campaign for it?
A thread with one of those slimey neocon titles....totally misleading and a lie....do they NEVER stop???
Obama was NOT campaigning for abortion and only an idiot would think he was because it's already legal.
Obama has never said he "wanted abortion". He HAS said he wants abortion to be legal, safe and rare.
Repubs want it illegal and unsafe( hatred of women) and since they don't want people to use contraception , they want MORE abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies