Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times

Advertisements

Rock! He sure doesn't make it to my parties, nor does Imus. Put them together and make a good mud pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
All this junk about "racial" comments is getting a bit over the top. Every time some says or looks at a non-white these days their tarred, fathered, and lynched! Folks, it's getting real stupid.

Oh, but what about when Chris Rock stands up and calls us "white crackers" do we run to the nearest lawyer to "get him off the air"? Nope. Just another slice of evidence from our sick society sympathizing with Islam and sympathizing with the non-whites when it's not justified.

Someone posted a good thread about 1970-2007 what you could do and can't do now. So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
All this junk about "racial" comments is getting a bit over the top. Every time some says or looks at a non-white these days their tarred, fathered, and lynched! Folks, it's getting real stupid.

Oh, but what about when Chris Rock stands up and calls us "white crackers" do we run to the nearest lawyer to "get him off the air"? Nope. Just another slice of evidence from our sick society sympathizing with Islam and sympathizing with the non-whites when it's not justified.

Someone posted a good thread about 1970-2007 what you could do and can't do now. So true.
You have to admit calling female college basketball players what he called them is way out of line. Come on. It was a slur. They are student-athletes.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
You have to admit calling female college basketball players what he called them is way out of line. Come on. It was a slur. They are student-athletes.
It's the attacks around every corner, and the motives behind those attacking people for what they say. Again, it's becoming where you can say anything anymore. That's the issue.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:17 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

You're right about that but how many rap 'artists' make the same slurs with no-one calling for their banishment from the airwaves?

When a double standard is in effect there's really no standard at all.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Is this the new thing now?

Attacking comedians for racial slurs? That's all Imus is, a comedian. I think he's a jerk personally, and have only listened to him when trapped in someone else's car. That still doesn't change the fact that he's a COMEDIAN for all intensive purposes.

Since when do people lose their jobs and face the modern day equivalent of a public stoning for telling a bad joke?

If you think for one second that this type of conduct isn't on both sides of the fence, I encourage you to watch some BET. The things the comedians say about white people are outrageous. I don't see a point in getting upset because it's comedy. I don't agree with Imus, and like I said he's NOT funny to me, but you have to consider the source of these "slurs". He's just an insignificant comedian/shock jock. Show your approval by tuning in, or not.
If we keep crucifying people for bad jokes, we really are going to turn into the Los Angeles in "Demolition Man".

"John Spartan you've been fined 3 credits for inappropriate humor, beep"

Utter nonsense, and even more ridiculous coming from that bigoted pile of cellulite.

~T

Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 AM

786 posts, read 4,733,418 times
Default Imus was right, they did look rough

I believe that Imas was right. They did look rough and seemed like they could be cleaned up. He was just saying what everyone else was already thinking in private but could not say because of Political Correctness.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 AM

99 posts, read 351,213 times
Default Omg

I agree with Burdell and Yapcity above. Keep in mind I know nothing about Imus but regardless, he is on the air to say things like that to offend all
people it doesn't sound like he meant to pick on blacks, are there any non
blacks on that team? And if not ....why not? That ain't fair. What is the
school ..racist.

I have seen nappy headed ho's who are white, mexican etc, so I don't know why Sharpton is crying. It's typical he is an idiot, but he has shown that before......Picture this, on every "black radio show" where they proclaim themselves the Blackest man on radio etc...they rip on white people, black people, mexican people etc. too. But it's cool for them to talk about us
tight *****, uptight, non jumpin, non dancin, dorky, khaki wearin white people in good fun. It should be if it is done in a harmless way. Hateful no and I don't know how Imus said what he said so I could be wrong here. Bottom line is Sharpton needs to pay more attention to the iced out role models they put on a pedestal and things like that to gain credibility, not run around pulling
the race card at the drop of a pimp hat. Oops. See funny ..anyone not racist with a sense of humor can appreciate that.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 AM

8 posts, read 24,545 times
Yay, My first post. I've been lurking on CD for about a month now and I've gotta say this is the most honest website I've ever seen. Now with that said this silly dispute with Imus has gotten me sick to my stomach. I listened to Don Imus' nearly break down on the air when he could have just stood his ground and waited for Sharpton to go away because he is once again showing that he is incapable of dealing with actual issues in the black community. Al Sharpton does not have a right to take away our first amendment rights for his own benefit. Where was Al sharpton when that 90 year old woman was beaten and robbed by that worthless thug, where was the outrage there? Just like the case with Tawana Brawley, Mr. Sharpton has obviously not done his home work. Anyone that is familiar with Don Imus would know he is a very charitable man and also runs ranch for urban youth. He is not a racist.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:16 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
Quote:
Just another slice of evidence from our sick society sympathizing with Islam and sympathizing with the non-whites when it's not justified.
You just couldn't help yourself, right Marks. Any chance you get to slam Islam even when not in context is too irresistible for you. That's the tolerant Christian in you, right?

Reread the OP very very slowly and try to leave Islam out of this thread.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're right about that but how many rap 'artists' make the same slurs with no-one calling for their banishment from the airwaves?

When a double standard is in effect there's really no standard at all.
You know I don't listen to rap music so I don't know what they are saying. But you are right about the double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies