Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times

Advertisements

seems like this has more to do with prison gangs and their influence outside moreso than Mexicans hating blacks and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
......Poverty is one of the major reasons kids join gangs because they have no way out of the slums.
That's a pi**-poor excuse to be a criminal.

Why don't they go to the taxpayer funded schools provided for them?

It's been a ticket to success for millions of Americans of many cultures.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:54 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
That's a pi**-poor excuse to be a criminal.

Why don't they go to the taxpayer funded schools provided for them?

It's been a ticket to success for millions of Americans of many cultures.
*tumbleweeds go by* liberal silence there..

Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Klan Sub-contractors?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well lets see i wana do this thread right. if i understand you make an OP about racial conflict. i make a comment about it and then you accuse me of racism. am i on track?

?? Did you have a post get deleted? I don't see any other post here.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anyone live near this hell-hole?

SoCal gang members indicted in racist shootings
Wow, I never heard of this before. Honestly, it sounds like hyperbole and the typical black-Latino gang violence over the drug trade which has been going on for 20 years but it is clearly racist.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:58 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Wow, I never heard of this before. Honestly, it sounds like hyperbole and the typical black-Latino gang violence over the drug trade which has been going on for 20 years but it is clearly racist.
No, many of the victims have not been involved with gangs or the drug trade. In fact, this wave of gang violence has a lot more to do with the traditional reason why gangs are formed in the first place "us versus them".

A lot of people, think that gang activity is mostly about money, not true. Yes, street gangs are often involved with the drug trade (both selling drugs and "taxing" independent dealers and smaller gangs) and other crimes like car theft, robbery, B & Es, and so on, but that is not how street gangs get started. They are either formed as a group of trouble makers banding together for fun or as a group of people who want to protect themselves from hostile cliques and gangs. Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) originally got its start as a group of teenage Salvadorian metal heads who banded together to discourage the bullying they suffered from the hands of Mexican gangbangers. Zoe Pound in Miami got its start to protect Haitian immigrants from American-born blacks. The Mexican Mafia was a group of Mexican-American teenagers in prisons for young offenders who gave up their outside gang membership and formed a new gang that was to prey of black and white inmates and protect each other from those racial groups as well. Skinhead gangs aren't usually involved in economic criminality, but they exist all the same. Despite popular belief, a lot of gang members do have jobs, they usually work in call centers, construction, or sales. There are too many gang members out there for all of them to be involved in profitable criminal activity with cities like Chicago or Los Angeles not to become a real-life version Barter Town. There is even a gang in Chicago called "Satan's Disciples" that encourages its members to pursue legitmate work, they call it "free enterprise".

Old 05-23-2009, 09:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
All I want to know is how many are here illegally.
There should be no doubt about what to do with any one associated with these gangs who is here illegally.

That's a good starting point. We don't need to argue on and on about how many of these violent thugs is here illegally, the only thing to do is find the ones that are and deport them and their families.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:17 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
All gang members, regardless of race, should be forced to stand back to back, take ten paces, turn around and shoot. Repeat this process until only one is left. Let him use the last bullet to off himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies