Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,958,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
They can't, not in context to which we were speaking and this is where the lies or the confusing concepts come in.
Human sexuality isn't pretty, it might not even appear to be logical, but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM

64 posts, read 73,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
That would be your response? You think that would end it?
Did you edit that to include "why can't they make babies?"? I didn't notice that.

Only a male and a female can make babies together. It can just be left to that and skipped over.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,964,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopaplane View Post
They are two different concepts. You cannot argue that because bisexuals exist that it is possible to choose who you are attracted to. Bisexuls did not choose to be attracted to both sexes. They can pick the sex of the person they ultimately want to be with because they are attracted to both sexes but that doesn't mean gay people have a choice in their attraction. Completely separate sexual orientations.

And what about those who are only attracted to animals, or children, or dead people? What is attraction? How is it defined and what makes one form of attraction acceptable over another? Why would one be wrong and another right?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,514,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopaplane View Post
Did you edit that to include "why can't they make babies?"? I didn't notice that.

Only a male and a female can make babies together. It can just be left to that and skipped over.
No edit. It was there.

You haven't been around many 5 year olds have you? Not many things can be "left at that."

Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,957 times
Quote:
Explain its differing position.

For that matter, could you please explain all 3 of them so we can see their logical definitions so as to properly compare and contrast their make ups.
In the post to which I was replying, Freedom was trying to say that bisexuality 'proved' that homosexuality is a choice. My reply was meant to tell him that homosexuality, bisexuality and heterosexuality are three separate and distinct sexual orientations.
Homosexuality - sexual and romantic attractions to one's same sex;
bisexuality - sexual and romantic attractions to both sexes;
heterosexuality - sexual and romantic attractions to the opposite sex.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
And humans want to think and act as though all members of the animal kingdom only act on instinct, just because you say there is no evidence doesn't mean it isn't a possibility and I believe your argument is susceptible. I'll try and find some research into animal behaviour and share and get your insight if I find something contrary to what you are saying. I think you are dismissing higher order animals with your post to be honest, but at current time I can't counter. If I am right, than my argument to use the animal kingdom and in particular those animals that are not only behaving on instinct, than I do believe my use of the animal kingdom in support of my argument connecting human homosexuality with it, is valid- my gut tells me that certain animals are behaving beyond just an instinct. I do appreciate your insight though, and I agree with you that animals as a whole are much more instinctual than humans I just don' buy that for all of them it is just instinctual, we humans are still animals and we are still instinctual animals -we can't just dismiss away our instincts because we have a more developed brains, our instinct are a strong part of us.

At the end of the day, It is not a person like you I have to convince. I know what your stance is on human homosexuality and I very much appreciate it. You might be right in that i'm beating a dead horse with this. Even if i'm completely right, it is probably not going to do much to open up the hearts of those that want to dismiss being gay to just some deviant sexual desire and nothing more. That is the sad part!
I will concede that it could be a possibility because just as there is no real proof of an animal desiring a member of the same sex, there is no proof that they don't either. Truthfully, I am just tired of the lines being crossed up on the whole issue. I believe we are all human and free, and should be free to think and feel as we wish. I also feel people who use their religions as a reason not to allow gay marriage should stop and remember there is supposed to be a separation of "church and state" Church law and belief should have no bearing on the legal workings of our country. If two men want to contract with the government in the form of a marriage license, I say why not. Doesn't threaten my marriage or my beliefs in the slightest.

And as far as gay people being merely sexual deviants, that is a complete load. While I am sure there are some, there are also deviant str8 people. And I personally have two lesbian friends who are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. And guess what, they have no desire for my 7 year old daughter. Why, because they aren't pedophiles, they are just gay.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
And what about those who are only attracted to animals, or children, or dead people? What is attraction? How is it defined and what makes one form of attraction acceptable over another? Why would one be wrong and another right?
attraction to animals: you can't get the animals consent
attraction to children: Legally you shouldn't be able to get consent from a child because the child has not developed into an adult. This is why children can't drink and such - They are not adults
Dead People can't give consent and dont' get into wills and preemptive consent that is NONSENSE and you know it.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
In the post to which I was replying, Freedom was trying to say that bisexuality 'proved' that homosexuality is a choice. My reply was meant to tell him that homosexuality, bisexuality and heterosexuality are three separate and distinct sexual orientations.
Homosexuality - sexual and romantic attractions to one's same sex;
bisexuality - sexual and romantic attractions to both sexes;
heterosexuality - sexual and romantic attractions to the opposite sex.
Thank you for "clearing that up" since I said this exact same thing and Nomander was acting as if I am a complete idiot and could not follow the conversation.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I will concede that it could be a possibility because just as there is no real proof of an animal desiring a member of the same sex, there is no proof that they don't either. Truthfully, I am just tired of the lines being crossed up on the whole issue. I believe we are all human and free, and should be free to think and feel as we wish. I also feel people who use their religions as a reason not to allow gay marriage should stop and remember there is supposed to be a separation of "church and state" Church law and belief should have no bearing on the legal workings of our country. If two men want to contract with the government in the form of a marriage license, I say why not. Doesn't threaten my marriage or my beliefs in the slightest.

And as far as gay people being merely sexual deviants, that is a complete load. While I am sure there are some, there are also deviant str8 people. And I personally have two lesbian friends who are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. And guess what, they have no desire for my 7 year old daughter. Why, because they aren't pedophiles, they are just gay.
If the target audience were all like you in here, I wouldn't be talking about animals at all

Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
attraction to animals: you can't get the animals consent
attraction to children: Legally you shouldn't be able to get consent from a child because the child has not developed into an adult. This is why children can't drink and such - They are not adults
Dead People can't give consent and dont' get into wills and preemptive consent that is NONSENSE and you know it.

This would have been my response as well. It's so obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies