Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are "wise Latinas" better decision makers than white men
Yes 42 21.54%
No 31 15.90%
That's a racist remark 106 54.36%
Other 10 5.13%
Not sure 6 3.08%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times

Advertisements

Sounds like it had more to do with your respect towards excellent work skills??? Not so much personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Years ago, when I was in management in data processing, if I was bias with my workers, I would have been the biggest arse. I had a staff of 17 computer project leaders, analysts and programmers. The men and women working on my staff were from around the world. I even had a Jewish-Chinese woman. She was a great computer programmer. No one type was better than the other types.

I had some great Latinas, but there were also some great white men. It all had to do with personalities.

Jack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Why did Pat Buchannon and others say that she was an Affarmitive Action nominee?

The question is still out there, backing away from it doesn't make it untrue.

And....What about C.Thomas?
Remember every liberal news media outlet blasting the sh*t out of him..saying he was only picked because "Hes was black"..WTF
liberals are so sad.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,628 times
Quote:
Newsmax.com - Tancredo: Sotomayor Member of 'Latino KKK' (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/tancredo/2009/05/28/219313.html?s=al&promo_code=80A7-1 - broken link)

Former Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., lashed out at Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor Thursday for her remarks suggesting that "wise Latinas" are better decision makers than white men.

Appearing on CNN, Tancredo, known mainly for his staunch opposition to giving illegal immigrants amnesty and citizenship rights, talked about Sotomayor's activism on behalf of La Raza, an immigrant rights group whose name translates literally to "The Race." He called it "a Latino KKK without the hoods or the nooses."
Misquote garbage. Do yourself a favor and read something outside the nutty world of fringe Neo Con blogs and websites.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
And....What about C.Thomas?
Remember every liberal news media outlet blasting the sh*t out of him..saying he was only picked because "Hes was black"..WTF
liberals are so sad.
You accuse me of backing away from a subject, which I didn't but you keep doing the same thing. A typical ploy by a CD'er who chooses to ignore the facts. I see you are still not answering the question...you keep refering to C. Thomas. As I said in my previous posts, the GOP assumes that Affirmitave action is not in play when they AGREE with someone on their side.

When a minority is a democrat, immediately the cries of "they only got here because of Affirmative Action" are started.

Again, ignoring the subject doesn't make it go away.

Yes, YOU are indeed sad

Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
We ALL know that many people who break the law are not convicted of anything and not in prison. The name that comes to mind off the top of my head is Dick Cheney..........along with Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, and many of Cheney's inner circle.

So you contention that Thomas did nothing wrong because he was not "convicted" means NOTHING.

Tiller? Ayers?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
It's a stupid comment that she made,
Replace stupid with RACIST and this part of your comment is correct. The woman is a flat out racist and no amount of spin will convince me otherwise.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If Cheney wasn't drunk at the time, he is the most incredibly careless hunter in the history of mankind.

When you hunt quail like they were doing, you form a line and walk across the field to flush the birds, and shoot the birds that rise and fly in front of you. In order to shoot his hunting companion, he had to be shooting at 90 degrees to the line of march.

Has nothing to do with this thread, but you asked. "Accidents" can be avoided if you possess common sense and utilize it. Cheney, obviously, sadly, did not.

Ever thought of the possibility his hunting partner got out of line? Maybe went too far ahead of the group? Of course you havent. You dont think. Why else would the person that got shot apologize?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
You accuse me of backing away from a subject, which I didn't but you keep doing the same thing. A typical ploy by a CD'er who chooses to ignore the facts. I see you are still not answering the question...you keep refering to C. Thomas. As I said in my previous posts, the GOP assumes that Affirmitave action is not in play when they AGREE with someone on their side.

When a minority is a democrat, immediately the cries of "they only got here because of Affirmative Action" are started.

Again, ignoring the subject doesn't make it go away.

Yes, YOU are indeed sad
You are backing away from the topic. The topic of this thread is about whether or not what she said was racist. Don't try and change the subject. The words that she spoke are out there for everyone to see. Trying to deny that she spoke them and veer off topic is just an attempt to obfuscate the issue.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You are backing away from the topic. The topic of this thread is about whether or not what she said was racist. Don't try and change the subject. The words that she spoke are out there for everyone to see. Trying to deny that she spoke them and veer off topic is just an attempt to obfuscate the issue.

She's not a racist if she was acknowledging that a broader range of experiences leads to better informed judgments.

The whole more you know thing....

Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Newsmax.com - Tancredo: Sotomayor Member of 'Latino KKK' (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/tancredo/2009/05/28/219313.html?s=al&promo_code=80A7-1 - broken link)

Former Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., lashed out at Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor Thursday for her remarks suggesting that "wise Latinas" are better decision makers than white men.

Appearing on CNN, Tancredo, known mainly for his staunch opposition to giving illegal immigrants amnesty and citizenship rights, talked about Sotomayor's activism on behalf of La Raza, an immigrant rights group whose name translates literally to "The Race." He called it "a Latino KKK without the hoods or the nooses."
Sounds like a statement from an egocentric, narcissistic, bigoted judge to me, or just one of the many members of La Raza maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies