Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 12:55 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,656 times

Advertisements

Dare I say it......a date. Oh my, he has upset the space time continuum, it's the end of the world as we know it........cats and dogs living together.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:56 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
..cats and dogs living together.
That is my biggest worry.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:56 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,647,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
God people, will Obama EVER do anything right to you guys??? He went out for a night with his wife! As prez, should he NEVER EVER enjoy a night off? Yes, there are many ills going on in the world but should he never set foot out of the White House now? I can assure you no of the anti-Obama crowd was saying anything when Bush used tax payers dollars to go to Texas ( working vacation my ass...) or go golfing. Were you up in arms about that too??? I doubt it...give the guy a break he's trying his best to fix the mess Bush did the last 8 years, and its not going to happen over night....

The issue is one of poor judgment. Face it, he is not the icon of that very valuable asset. And amazingly, not elected for possessing either wisdom or judgment. But was somehow voted in and for very superficial reasons only. And the whole nation has to pay for his stupidity over the next four years, not just the nincompoops who got him into the office. He does not have the ability or wherewithal to fix anything, to say nothing of Bush's many mistakes. He is not going to make the country better in any manner. My big HOPE is that my country by some miracle will still be standing after he is done with "fixing" it. So yes, he needs to be in the White House every night poring over data his advisors give him, in the off chance we might survive the next few years of his lunacy.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:57 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The issue is one of poor judgment. Face it, he is not the icon of that very valuable asset. And amazingly, not elected for possessing either wisdom or judgment. But was somehow voted in and for very superficial reasons only. And the whole nation has to pay for his stupidity over the next four years, not just the nincompoops who got him into the office. He does not have the ability or wherewithal to fix anything, to say nothing of Bush's many mistakes. He is not going to make the country better in any manner. My big HOPE is that my country by some miracle will still be standing after he is done with "fixing" it.
I don't see any "poor judgement" in going to dinner and a show. I really really don't.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,534,436 times
Quote:
The issue is one of poor judgment. Face it, he is not the icon of that very valuable asset. And amazingly, not elected for possessing either wisdom or judgment. But was somehow voted in and for very superficial reasons only. And the whole nation has to pay for his stupidity over the next four years, not just the nincompoops who got him into the office. He does not have the ability or wherewithal to fix anything, to say nothing of Bush's many mistakes. He is not going to make the country better in any manner. My big HOPE is that my country by some miracle will still be standing after he is done with "fixing" it.
You get all this from a date in Manhattan, or are you just using this as an excuse to vent some frustration?

You use the word "miracle." If I may be presumptuous, perhaps praying will calm your anxiety.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You get all this from a date in Manhattan, or are you just using this as an excuse to vent some frustration?

You use the word "miracle." If I may be presumptuous, perhaps praying will calm your anxiety.

Vent.

Seldom anxious, am known far and wide for my very even temperament. But occasionally show an ascerbic side.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
But was somehow voted in and for very superficial reasons only.
What were the superficial reasons?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:11 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,004 times
Quote:
But occasionally show an ascerbic side.
...like going rabid every time you post anything about President and First Lady Obama.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
...like going rabid every time you post anything about President and First Lady Obama.

Now, now, just expressing an opinion.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,534,436 times
Quote:
Vent.

Seldom anxious, am known far and wide for my very even temperament.
Which is a testament to the therapuetic qualities of internet forums.
Quote:
But occasionally show an ascerbic side.
You seem angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies