Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you ever buy GM vehicles again?
I will never buy a GM vehicle again 53 73.61%
I'm glad, the government will build better cars now 1 1.39%
Ford should be next, nationalize all car manufacturing 0 0%
I'll buy Japanese or Korean cars, cuz ford will be next 10 13.89%
Long live 0bama, buy GM! 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times

Advertisements

I don't know.
I would buy a Ford before I buy a GM and I sure as he ll wouldn't buy a Chrysler.

I like the Ford Fusion Hybrid and I want my next car to be a hybrid.
Next time I'm in the market, it's between Honda, Toyota, and Ford and in that order. Whoever gives the best mpg and reliability for the buck will get my $$.

Of course I don't plan on getting a new car for quite some time. My 2005 Saturn Ion is doing ok and I want it to last as long as it possibly can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I find it very interesting that not one post has mentioned anything about what Congress and the President has done with regard to the bailouts as being unconstitutional. Where does the US Constitution give Congress the authorization to use taxpayer money to bailout any private company? If the US Constitution does not specifically grant Congress a power, then they are prohibited from exercising that power. But who cares about "the Supreme Law of the Land?" If it feels good to violate the law, then it must be okay, right?

With this lawless government we have, GM is not the only thing that should be allowed to fail.

Encourage your congressman to initiate impreachment hearings.

Let us know of any developments.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I will buy the best car available for the best price that fits my needs and requirements. If GM makes it, so be it.
That makes the most sense and I think most people do that with their auto purchases although their past experiences may force them to exclude some brands.

Currently I have a lot of confidence in a GM product. My personal experience has been very good, better than any European auto that I've owned and certainly has equaled and in some cases surpassed the Toyota's I've owned. Right now I have 2 GM's and 2 Toyota's and I get the best MPGs from the GMs.

I have my doubts that the gubmint run GM of the future will continue that experience though. We can just look all the past gubmint successes to give us a view as to what might be in store. Then there is the choice of buying a taxpayer subsidised lower priced GM at the expense of privately run companies trying to do it the right way. Personally I would pay more for a car from a private company than to force you to pay a portion for my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
My 2000 nissan frontier has 200000 and probably cost half of what your f150 cost. Please convince me why I should have spent twice as much.
I'd rather save my money and not pay union workers.
While I can agree with over paid union workers, you should take another look at the prices of Ford and Chevy pickups. They are much more value competitive than you perceive them to be.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
I didn't vote because I've never bought a GM vehicle. Last exposure I had to a GM product was a ride in a Cadillac CTS, and I was not impressed. I owned a Lincoln LS, and IMHO, it was/is a much better vehicle.

I currently drive a Mercury and am very happy. When it comes time to replace it, I will definitely stay 'in the family.'

Old 06-03-2009, 09:11 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
My dad bought a 1987 Jaguar Vanden Plaus which was also owned by the British Government.
Hmmm. So that was the problem with my XJ6? I couldn't get rid of that albatross fast enough.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just wondering how many people here feel as I do, now that General Motors is owned by the federal government.

I'm not even letting the knowledge that General Motors is planning to build cars in China and import them into the United States, influence my decision.
I have a 2004 Ford Expedition that I will probably get rid of in the next couple of years. I will replace it with another Honda. I will never, ever buy a car that is built by a US manufacturer until the government gets out of the auto industry and the manufacturers improve their product.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
I find it very interesting that not one post has mentioned anything about what Congress and the President has done with regard to the bailouts as being unconstitutional. Where does the US Constitution give Congress the authorization to use taxpayer money to bailout any private company?
Oh, it's been mentioned, but the obamunists could care less.

The boot-licking media is sure to NOT report on that aspect. If they don't, many people in this country haven't a clue to the uncontitutional aspect of the bailouts.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 AM

43 posts, read 98,700 times
I have have never owned any thing but a GM built car and trucks but this year I got ford ranger and love this truck. I will not buy buy small green cars I will rebuild these vehicle's that I have till there are no more parts left. I don"t believe in buying foreign cars and trucks never have never will. I was thinking of buying a diesel truck. my friend has got one and he gets better fuel mileage then I do in my ranger.

Barack Hussein Obama can go suck a egg. I didn't vote for this dum S.O.B.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willarn View Post
I have have never owned any thing but a GM built car and trucks but this year I got ford ranger and love this truck. I will not buy buy small green cars I will rebuild these vehicle's that I have till there are no more parts left. I don"t believe in buying foreign cars and trucks never have never will. I was thinking of buying a diesel truck. my friend has got one and he gets better fuel mileage then I do in my ranger.

Barack Hussein Obama can go suck a egg. I didn't vote for this dum S.O.B.

You want dum?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
it is good to see that not one person voted for nationalization of ford. americans are not interested in the nationalization of their companies and the subsequent government intervention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies